Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Internationals Wk 1: How I Learned to Stop Working and Love the Bomb...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Australia deserved to concede for that absolutely bizarre and awful call.

Robshaw would be absolutely pilloried if he had made that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Haskell was absolutely immense, completely outshone the Aussie backrow.

2nd test will be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »

An atrocious decision, the amount of time taken off the clock for 3 points...

Cheika is furious I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was another thoroughly enjoyable game. England just stronger and much smarter than Australia. Australia gifted England a lot of points.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

An atrocious decision, the amount of time taken off the clock for 3 points...

Cheika is furious I'd imagine

Yea, go to the corner, go for the try and then if time go for the win.

Giving yourself 90 seconds to get the full length of the field though is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I was referring to Super Hooper's impact!

I know, but you were talking about the comeback. I was just pulling your leg.

awec wrote: »
    Yea, go to the corner, go for the try and then if time go for the win.

Giving yourself 90 seconds to get the full length of the field though is insane.

And also attacking a team who need points is completely different to attacking a team who just need to kill the ball.

Stuart Barnes showed himself up a bit praising it I thought. Not surprising from the worst person in the history of verbal communication.

awec wrote: »
    I think if Australia sort out their discipline they'll still win this series. IMO they played better rugby today, they just need to sort out their work at the breakdown and tweak the scrum.

Australia played better attacking rugby, but England were smarter and more accurate. They had a better place kicker, a coach who wasn't afraid to make important call early on, they adapted to how Australia played far better, their line out was better, they were stronger and they were more disciplined. In more ways than not they were the better team.

Is this the right place to celebrate Irish u20s famous upcoming win against the Baby Blacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

And also attacking a team who need points is completely different to attacking a team who just need to kill the ball.

Stuart Barnes showed himself up a bit praising it I thought. Not surprising from the worst person in the history of verbal communication.

I honestly might have enjoyed that sentence more than the game and I'm pretty chuffed right now about the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Is this the right place to celebrate Irish u20s famous upcoming win against the Baby Blacks?

Are you a fat lady IBF?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Never heard Farrell speak before. For some reason I always thought he'd have a Cockney accent (think obnoxious Cockney). Proper northern brogue instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I don't really care who wins the series but I really hope Aussie win next week.

We deserve a decider.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Are you a fat lady IBF?

That's why I moved to the UK, to work for Nigel Wray.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Never heard Farrell speak before. For some reason I always thought he'd have a Cockney accent (think obnoxious Cockney). Proper northern brogue instead!

You know nothing Mod Zzippy. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

molloyjh wrote: »
    You know nothing Mod Zzippy. :pac:

I do now! ;)

Corbisiero doesn't look like he'll be back playing any time soon. Looks like he might eat D'Arcy as a half time treat

Do the Baby Blacks play together before the JWC? I always wonder how they look so good at the tournament

Buer wrote: »

Hmmm that's a tough one in the context.

Option 1: Go to the line

Australias line-out was poor so they were always going to be under pressure there. There was no guarantee of securing the ball for starters. With it being a 7 point game they needed to get the try and conversion as well. And given that Foley wasn't exactly the most accurate there that adds to the pressure. The try needs to be scored closer to the posts. We already saw them unwilling to go wide when it was on earlier because of this.

Option 2: Go for the points

Guarantee 3 points (as they were right in front of the posts) and go looking for the try to win it rather than draw. You have to go for it from your own half with next to no time left on the clock but you're not as limited in where you can dot down.

In all fairness it's a bit lose-lose really.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

wales looked a bit jaded in the final quarter and that doesnt bode well for the next 2 tests. Think today might be the narrowest defeat they suffer on this tour

England I reckon will win one of the remaining two tests.

• Advertisement

So a deliberate knock on 30m out on a 3 on 1 is a yellow card, but coming straight in from the side to play the scrum-half in a ruck 10m out isn't?

Vive le consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well that was a good Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

.ak wrote: »
    Well that was a good Saturday.

Good? GOOD? Bloody hell man..what would constitute a great one!!

mfceiling wrote: »

20s/Senior/Women Triple Slam

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Argies 17-16 Italy at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

mfceiling wrote: »

The last Saturday of the 2015 6 Nations

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Italy lost to Argentina in O'Shea's first match in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Italy lost to Argentina in O'Shea's first match in charge.

30-24. Not a bad result, considering!

molloyjh wrote: »
    In all fairness it's a bit lose-lose really.

Yeah. The real answer is "Don't constantly hand over territory, possession and kicking opportunities until you're over a score down in the last 10 minutes". There were a lot of fairly unforced mistakes by the Australians and I don't think England win the game without them, not when they had virtually no possession and territory for longer periods, missed over 20 tackles and conceded 4 tries. I'm still a bit puzzled by it to be honest.

I'd be a bit scared of the next two games to be honest - am expecting improvement and expecting a reaction - but then I heard Pocock's out. Wish he was playing but England's chances just skyrocketed.

• Advertisement

Yeah. The real answer is "Don't constantly hand over territory, possession and kicking opportunities until you're over a score down in the last 10 minutes". There were a lot of fairly unforced mistakes by the Australians and I don't think England win the game without them, not when they had virtually no possession and territory for longer periods, missed over 20 tackles and conceded 4 tries. I'm still a bit puzzled by it to be honest.

I'd be a bit scared of the next two games to be honest - am expecting improvement and expecting a reaction - but then I heard Pocock's out. Wish he was playing but England's chances just skyrocketed.

What is the current sentiment amongst English Lurkers in the Goode v. Brown debate?

Advertisement