Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Internationals Wk 1: How I Learned to Stop Working and Love the Bomb...

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭English Lurker

What is the current sentiment amongst English Lurkers in the Goode v. Brown debate?

Plenty want to see Goode given a go, what with him being player of the year and in red hot form; plenty believe he's been in great form for Sarries all his England career without ever looking like transferring it and it shouldn't be him. I'm with the latter.

Everyone's worried about Brown - he's ceased to be solid at the basics - but I think the majority would rather see Watson get a go there. I'm here if Brown has too go but agree it would be a shame to lose Watson from the wing. Vocal minority think Nowell's our man but he's not booking enough minutes for Exeter at full-back to make a conservative fan advocate that.

Incidentally, Mike Haley had a fantastic game for the Saxons at full-back. Looked very quick and was stepping them at will. Kicked the ball as long as anyone on the pitch. Big enough lad too. Huge pinch of salt given the standard of the game but there's now quite a bit of hope that he can continue pushing his game because full-back now feels quite a bit of a weak position.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

George North confirmed out of the remainder of NZL tour with hamstring injury. No luck, that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

George North confirmed out of the remainder of NZL tour with hamstring injury. No luck, that guy.

Replaced by the U20s lad right, how sick would a third test v All Blacks as a debut be for an 18 year old.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

errlloyd wrote: »
    Replaced by the U20s lad right, how sick would a third test v All Blacks as a debut be for an 18 year old.

Yeah, they called the U20's lad up the other day but they've only just confirmed North is out. Was Giles called up to replace someone else? Or did they suspect the worst for North but have only had it confirmed?

Watched Giles against Ireland the other day, he's lightning quick. His try in the first half I was sure he must have been a mile ahead of the kicker he was up on it so fast, incredible speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah, they called the U20's lad up the other day but they've only just confirmed North is out. Was Giles called up to replace someone else? Or did they suspect the worst for North but have only had it confirmed?

Watched Giles against Ireland the other day, he's lightning quick. His try in the first half I was sure he must have been a mile ahead of the kicker he was up on it so fast, incredible speed.

They were saying North was out right after the game, I think they're only formalising it now that he's had a complete diagnosis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

North, Anscombe and Williams are all injury doubts.

Advertisement