Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Top Gear, will you be watching it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jesus. wrote: »
    What did he say?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-takes-veiled-swipe-8126077

scroll a bit down and you will see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I enjoyed episode 2.

I'm certainly enjoying it more than the late Clarkson stuff.

But Eddie Jordan's voice - he's much clearer commenting on F1 than on here?!?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

quad_red wrote: »
    But Eddie Jordan's voice - he's much clearer commenting on F1 than on here?!?!?

I thought so too. He actually sounded like a Leprechaun!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,667 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm only watching episode 2 now and Evans just RUINS everything he touches.. watching the McClaren video and him shouting and acting like a 4 year old is making me want to turn off already even though the car is fantastic. Even when he's not shouting he's still an annoying tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Gave EP2 a watch and I'd agree with the sentiment here. Evans is completely unsuitable for the role. He ruined the McLaren piece which otherwise was epic. I'd be interested to see someone re-cut his pieces without him and see the improvement. The 'Star in a Rally-cross Car' is cringe worthy. Zero chemistry and it actually looks kinda painful for all involved. Its the same format each week and some 'stars' even look puzzled when they are trying to remember their first car, would they not at least check it beforehand? At least with JC people seemed to actually enjoy being there and some individuals were really interesting to listen to. The lap is also super boring to watch and looks like one of those 'extreme' events that are paddled out at shows but are actually as tame as kitten.

I'll be watching but I'll be skipping all of Evan's segments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

The Chris Harris review of the F12 TDF was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Patww79 wrote: »
    Anyone bother this week?

1st time in years iv decided not to watch. :(

Evans out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Patww79 wrote: »

Didn't bother last week and with the F1, football and chores to be done I'll give it a miss again. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I watched the hatchback segment which I thought was good but the leblanc questions to him afterwards and the ford salesman of the month was stupid. You could even see Harris getting annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭goochy

Enjoyed the London bit and show overall but then I wasnt a huge fan of old tg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Half expecting the tea lady to be given a segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

That bit a the end was really long, boring and a bit antclimatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

That bit a the end was really long, boring and a bit antclimatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Big improvement , really enjoyed the cars tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Barr wrote: »
    Big improvement , really enjoyed the cars tonight.

+1
    I only put it on at half time in the footie to see the RS review, now I've missed most of the 2nd half :) F12 tdf, RS, A45, Type R, Ken Block, R8 V10+....the show needs more Chris Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Also a little better for letting Matt do the links & Largely anchor the show..... Though he still isn't polished, just not as annoying as Evans.

Getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thought it was really good tonight. Kevin Hart was simply hilarious. Evans is showing his expertise and value during the celebrity interview segments.

The Ken Block piece at the end lost me. Too long and boring. Other than that, very good.

One final thought - someone posted that the show doesn't have the same production values of old. Could not disagree more! The film pieces in particular are pure eye candy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Ardent wrote: »
    One final thought - someone posted that the show doesn't have the same production values of old. Could not disagree more! The film pieces in particular are pure eye candy!

I agree. Even if the presenters aren't as good, its still very entertaining.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I really enjoyed it tonight. Chris Harris should have the drivers seat of this show - he's excellent and very comfortable. Kevin heart is great - very natural and his love of cars really comes through. We need more of these guys. I like Le Blank but he seems like hes reading from a teleprompter. Anyway a good turnaround and hopefully it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I thought the ken block piece was brilliant. No idea how they managed to drive around London like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Barr wrote: »
    I thought the ken block piece was brilliant. No idea how they managed to drive around London like that!

With great controversy

http://deadline.com/2016/03/top-gear-controversy-filming-london-war-memorial-matt-leblanc-1201719790/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Better, not sure if it was mostly due to Leblanc doing most of the host duties. I didn't know Kevin Hart and was a pleasant surprise; Also enjoyed the last bit with the "London tour" - those completely nuts, totally-pointless-if-not-for-the-sake-of-doing-it things are actually the essence of Top Gear, otherwise it'd become just another "this car does X miles per hour" show. Dare I say even Evans seems to be more settled (well, as long as he isn't a passenger).

The bad - the celebrity thing has become a chore. Seriously, I skipped over it; Too much blabbering and I reiterate the "first car/best car" to be completely useless. Also I just can't dig the rallycross thing, probably because they show the lap(s) in a more "chopped out" way they used to do with SIARPC (time constraints, I suspect).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Ken Block should get in the ****ing sea. What a crap segment! Bored the tits off me, it really did.

Kevin Heart was great, No thanks to Evans though! Evans can't interview for **** but Heart managed to carry it by himself, first time this season the interview has been any way entertaining.

Thought the bit at Laguna Seca was filmed really really badly, why skip out footage of 3/4 the track on a motoring show :confused::confused: and the bit's they did film were poor.

The rest of the show was fairly good. Loved the new Focus RS!! I bet anyone who has bought a Golf R feels a right tit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Really enjoyed the Chris Harris Ferrari segment. It actually felt like a proper TG test of old where Clarkson or Hammond wrote a love letter to a prestigious make and it's history, while caning the newest model around some Alpine vista. He really should be the top dog on this show, not Evans.

The rest of it I could take or leave. It has Evans fingerprints all over it, a lot of loud noises and colour but not much substance.

edit - Forget the Focus bit, that was ok!

Sitec wrote: »
    The Chris Harris review of the F12 TDF was brilliant!

Harris doesn't do it for me. You need someone with a bit of character and/or a bit funny for a show like this. Harris doesn't have it. He's more of a motor magazine type of guy. The black guy in the Focus was closer to the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Jesus. wrote: »
    Harris doesn't do it for me. You need someone with a bit of character and/or a bit funny for a show like this. Harris doesn't have it. He's more of a motor magazine type of guy. The black guy in the Focus was closer to the mark.

Rory Reid . Not just "the Black guy" haha :)

• Advertisement

Tearing around London in the 'Stag was cool. Enjoyed that part.

Advertisement