Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Top Gear, will you be watching it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

I won't be coming back either ;)

Seriously, what is it with Evans shouting all the time? Have his ears not popped since he came back from the highest pub or something?
    Hes a F***** ejit, and i thought I would get to like Mat but hes like listening to paint dry, very insipid guy

yer one from Texas must have been a cheap one, hopeless. The script is almost amateurish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Jordan has about as much personality as a luas driver. Does he not know how the f to drive a 4matic merc, jasus, what a joke,,,lol

Patww79 wrote: »
    It'll be gone b4 that, anyway, they just dont seem to have the right personality

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

I liked it tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thought it was a really good episode tonight. Plenty of LOLs in the Africa piece.

I think they might be on to a winner with celebrity guests taking part in challenges. A breath of fresh air IMO.

Wife enjoyed it also and reckons she'll watch the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Bit smarmy towards Eddie for banging that sh*tty Merc.

They just show Eddie looking sad, unresponsive etc, its how he's potrayed for years on BBC
    Jordan has about as much personality as a luas driver. Does he not know how the f to drive a 4matic merc, jasus, what a joke,,,lol

In fairness, its a tv show, hes made look a bit duncy on UK tv for years. He dosnt seem to mind. He's a smart man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So it would seem tonight is a 50/50 episode.
    Tbh people are mentioning how tg 2002 was the exact same i.e. Fair boring.
    But Clarkson then turned it completely around and considering that Evans and LeBlanc have taken the realms the job has mostly been done for them in terms of formatting.
    But Christ almighty could they not inject some sort of difference in the challenges they do?
    They removed the news which was one of the things I loved in old tg.
    The stupid "bombshell" joke at the end of the first episode said it all.
    Have they made anymore jokes tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Tonights episode was a massive improvement on last week.

If they can maintain or improve the standard of episode 2, they could be back onto a winner.

I particularly liked the concept of guest presenters.

Now..if only they replaced Chris Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Enjoyable episode.

In terms of comparison to the "old" top gear there's not much of a difference. Staged contrived jokes/conversations through out seems to be the norm no matter who presents.

I'd say the vast majority were getting tired of the 'old TG' also .....it couldn't have gone on much longer in that format, now you have presenters with even less appeal flogging the same horse.......it's a missed opportunity for a new direction........Evans was a huge mistake to be the main man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What I miss is the technology and contextual insight that the old TG trio could slip into a feature without you even noticing (if you weren't interested), this lot have no journalism background so can't write a script or do a quick dialogue exchange which tells us that the car in question is better or worse or just different than it's predecessor in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I still think Clarkson is/was one of the best in the business at reviewing cars. As in forget everything off camera and look at some of his reviews where he looked at the car.

I couldn't care less about the number of cup holders or any of that rubbish, the Alfa Disco Volante was one of the best reviews I have seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

166man wrote: »
    I still think Clarkson is/was one of the best in the business at reviewing cars. As in forget everything off camera and look at some of his reviews where he looked at the car.

Clarkson had his chance, did well, was getting stale, then blew it.

This idea that it's a car review show is bonkers.

I (and 95% of the viewing audience at a conservative guess) will never own the cars used in the show unless you include the reasonably priced car and I'm sure we all want to drive a Suzuki Liana.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Better show.

The only bit I didn't like was how they (appeared) to treat Eddie Jordan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Eddie Jordan thing was pure "bantz", not to be taken literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Seems the general consensus is no one likes Chris.

Chris. If you're reading this. Go away and never come back. No one likes your annoying personality or your fake front. Its just attention seeking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

I thought this week was better than last week. By a good bit.

Evans' voice though, good Jesus, turn him down.

Ill watch again next week, and see if it wins the 2 out of 3 for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 xboxgamer1982

Matt le Blanc was the best thing about it .Chris Evans is just trying too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cml387 wrote: »
    Well I'm enjoying it.

Look, just face it. Clarkson's not coming back.

Someone should tell the BBC because they seem to have a lad in pretending to be him like they are going to drop him back in later when the heat dies down.

It's like when you see an original version of the pilot of a show you're in to that was filmed with different actors that bombed with the test audience then they reshot it word for word with the good ones (only in reverse)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Tonight's episode was quite good, I think. Making the guests get out and do the timing and then having them drive seemed a little weird though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

cml387 wrote: »
    Clarkson had his chance, did well, was getting stale, then blew it.

This idea that it's a car review show is bonkers.

I (and 95% of the viewing audience at a conservative guess) will never own the cars used in the show unless you include the reasonably priced car and I'm sure we all want to drive a Suzuki Liana.

Yes well aware of Clarkson blowing his chance, thanks for stating the obvious?

I didn't say it was a car review show either but as far as reviews go, I still think Clarkson is one of the best in business. Chris Harris is a good reviewer as well.

Clarkson always managed to speak about how these cars made him feel which I thought was important, made it easier to relate to. Nobody cares about bootspace and cup holders :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

This week's episode was way better than last week's, I got a good few laughs from it.

I really loved EJs racing instincts, first he had the jump start and then when the 1 from texas was driving he was telling her to watch the starters fingers to know when to go rather than waiting for the start sign to turn, genius

• Registered Users Posts: 81,183 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Better this week but Evans still coming across as an out and out irritating flash bollix who has no business on the show, would be so much better without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Good show tonight. I must be the only person who likes Eddie Jordan. He plays the idiot but he is a sharp guy and no fool. Quick driver too so don't be fooled by the nonsense on screen.
    still has the inside line on the goings on in F1 too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

deandean wrote: »
    It's not a car show anymore.I'll give the new show a couple of weeks to pick up...else...pull the plug.

If it was just a car show it'd be as boring as hell.

The African trip tonight was good. The more people there were the more it 'neutralised' Evans.

Eddie Jordan's pants looked like they were sewn onto him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

They just show Eddie looking sad, unresponsive etc, its how he's potrayed for years on BBC. In fairness, its a tv show, hes made look a bit duncy on UK tv for years. He dosnt seem to mind. He's a smart man.

That's a conspiracy theory I never heard before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Not something i'd be running home to watch being honest. But, I'll most probably be watching it on the rte player. Put it this way, I wouldn't be sad if I missed it..

Advertisement