Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

podsull1 wrote: »
    Oh god I'd say there is no hope :(

I could be wrong though, so don't lose hope yet. Maybe give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all i contacted pas asi done supervised test end of july for the tipp area and got placed in batch 5 but they have informed me that they are not planning to do anymore interviews not sure if thats just for tipp area so best of luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi all i contacted pas asi done supervised test end of july for the tipp area and got placed in batch 5 but they have informed me that they are not planning to do anymore interviews not sure if thats just for tipp area so best of luck to everyone!!

And they have already done the supervised tests for the first 100 or so last week.from 2018 campaign for Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

tringle wrote: »
    And they have already done the supervised tests for the first 100 or so last week.from 2018 campaign for Tipperary.

ah well thats curtains for me so!!! it was pointless calling us up that late when the new campaign has started wasnt it and only reason i went up was i missed 2nd part of the 2018 online one due to my internet😫😫 but hopefully the people that have interviews done an waiting to get placed do get something now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Has there been movement in Longford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

It will be a joke to call people up for interview. Place them on panel and then nothing happens before deadline. It cost a fair penny to travel twice to do exams and interviews. Id be gutted. Esp kerry
    Any news on placements in corrk

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

Xenji wrote: »
    A friend of mine was told it would expire in October or early in November today and they were in the 90s, batch one has 100 people and they have interviewed a handful from batch 2 in recent weeks.

I was up for interview couple of weeks ago and passed that stage, when I spoke to them she didn't seem to think that it was likely that I would get placed before the end of the campaign unless there was a big request from departments but historically that doesn't look likely. Such a waste of time travelling up but if I didn't go I would have always been wondering :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Regarding getting called for interview if anyone's still waiting to hear, I called this morning and was told that that was it for interviews. Now whether that is just for Limerick or not I don't know, but the person I was talking too did say that things could change before the campaign comes to a close.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

It will be a joke to call people up for interview. Place them on panel and then nothing happens before deadline. It cost a fair penny to travel twice to do exams and interviews. Id be gutted. Esp kerry
    Any news on placements in corrk

Hi Podsull I got the call from PAS about two weeks ago now and I was in the top ten or so of batch 8 for Cork.there moving through them quicker there I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

jacqs wrote: »
    Has there been movement in Longford?

I rang yesterday and still at 85!! So frustrating tat it's not moving.

• Advertisement

Hi Podsull I got the call from PAS about two weeks ago now and I was in the top ten or so of batch 8 for Cork.there moving through them quicker there I'd say.
    Thanks for the reply do you know how many in the batches in Cork thanks again

Thanks for the reply do you know how many in the batches in Cork thanks again

No problem. That's the thing noone seems to know.
    Have you called them or emailed? It's best to call or email as otherwise you'll just drive yourself crazy guessing.

No problem. That's the thing noone seems to know.
    Have you called them or emailed? It's best to call or email as otherwise you'll just drive yourself crazy guessing.

Well I've done the interview and place like no 4 in in next batch. I must check how far they are one and how many in batches thanks so much. Did you get called for a job offer is it

Well I've done the interview and place like no 4 in in next batch. I must check how far they are one and how many in batches thanks so much. Did you get called for a job offer is it

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was on my way out to a Cork city game. Yes I got called and accepted a job offer.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was on my way out to a Cork city game. Yes I got called and accepted a job offer.

Congrats on that you must be delighted wish I was in your shoes haha, just need to know how many are ahead of me in your batch. I'm batch 9 top 5. Hope the match went well

Congrats on that you must be delighted wish I was in your shoes haha, just need to know how many are ahead of me in your batch. I'm batch 9 top 5. Hope the match went well

Thanks. The game was a disaster but that's for another post ðŸ˜...

If it doesn't work out maybe have a look at this job posting. You might have already seen it:

https://www.publicjobs.ie/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=97556

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Milliethemoo

Hi I did my supervised test in 2016, interview in 2017 and I just received an offfer on Thursday - Offaly batch 1 mid 50s! I have little info on what I will actually be doing but I had to send off vetting - how long does it actually take and when should I resign from my current job?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Hi Guys,

I’m asking on behalf of a friend who is wondering if anybody ever started in the civil service and kept on a part time evening job as well?

Or if it is even possible to do so? She would be taking a big drop in salary so she was hoping to keep on an evening job as well so she wouldn’t feel the pay drop as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Hi Guys,

I’m asking on behalf of a friend who is wondering if anybody ever started in the civil service and kept on a part time evening job as well?

Or if it is even possible to do so? She would be taking a big drop in salary so she was hoping to keep on an evening job as well so she wouldn’t feel the pay drop as much!

Civil service jobs are typically 9-5. Why wouldn’t she have time to work 2 jobs, I’m not seeing the issue.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Civil service jobs are typically 9-5. Why wouldn’t she have time to work 2 jobs, I’m not seeing the issue.

“The position will be whole time and appointees may not engage in private practice or be connected with any outside business which would interfere with the performance of official duties”

Quote from handbook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Molly2016 wrote: »
    “The position will be whole time and appointees may not engage in private practice or be connected with any outside business which would interfere with the performance of official duties”

Quote from handbook

Thanks Molly! I was thinking there would be something in the hand book

Molly2016 wrote: »

Quote from handbook

The op hasn’t mentioned what the second job is so I’ll assume it’s part time in a shop, pub, restaurant or similar. Hardly likely to interfere with official duties of an office clerical worker. That would be different if both jobs clashed time wise.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Im after getting assigned a position after two years waiting!! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

Whollywoo wrote: »

Congratulations!

HDonal wrote: »
    Congratulations![/quote

That’s great news, congrats.. what region

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Thanks! In offaly Batch 1

HDonal wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Congrats it must be great after such a long wait.

Well done. Best of luck in your new role.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement

Lads I'm out of nails. I got a reply to my email asking where they are in Limerick. They're 4 away from me. Will I make it before the panel closes!!

Just a passenger

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement