Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Do you mind me asking what number you are

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

taraxxxxx wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number you are

B6 #14 They've called up to B6 #10.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

How many were in each batch. Trying to figure out how many were called to date so ill have a better idea of the 2018 comp thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Lads I'm out of nails. I got a reply to my email asking where they are in Limerick. They're 4 away from me. Will I make it before the panel closes!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you mike... it's like being at the final hurdle.... you'll get over it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Was advised by pas that the 2016 panel will cease on the31st of oct this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

Good! At least there is an end date to this torture, and I'll either get in, or devise a Plan B. Sick to the teeth of the uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hi ll anyone got the number for the clearance department need to find out how far its gone ;(

podsull1 wrote: »
    Hi ll anyone got the number for the clearance department need to find out how far its gone ;(

*(01) 858 7730‬ Is the number for pas!! Just asked to be put through to clearance for the co 2016 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Does anyone know anything about working in the NSSO/PSSC?

Whollywoo wrote: »

You’re going way off topic there. Open a new thread for that.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ask on this thread, as people have been placed there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057787083

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Anyone know what batch and number there at for Mayo. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

I think the answer to that question depends on who you speak to.....I was told yesterday that no date has been set yet, but it is expected to expire mid-September to mid-October!!!:rolleyes:

fin12 wrote: »
    Ask on this thread, as people have been placed there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057787083

Thanks fin12, I see people have been placed there from this thread also hence why I asked as these are positions being offered for this campaign

You’re going way off topic there. Open a new thread for that.

Hardly off topic asking what positions being offered are actually like. I've seen loads people ask about different places on this thread! Every dept/job is different as far as I can see in the CO so asking about certain places can help people get a better understanding of jobs they might be offered.

Hardly off topic asking what positions being offered are actually like. I've seen loads people ask about different places on this thread! Every dept/job is different as far as I can see in the CO so asking about certain places can help people get a better understanding of jobs they might be offered.

Still, the question is a different topic than this thread so therefore it is off topic. I don’t know how that isn’t clear to you. Now I’m going off topic. If people could stick with the topic on the thread it would make it easier for people searching Boards for specific information.

Just a passenger

liniloo wrote: »
    I think the answer to that question depends on who you speak to.....I was told yesterday that no date has been set yet, but it is expected to expire mid-September to mid-October!!!:rolleyes:

Oh god your joking!!! I wish they would all just give the same information!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Hi all, just wondering, I have my start date, department etc, but was waiting on my Garda vetting to come through. This apparently can take a while because I'm originally from Northern Ireland ( therefore the Guards have to liase with the PSNI before completion of the process ), but living here now. Anyhow, I have just had an email saying -:

The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Public Appointments Service.

Is this normal ? I've never been in trouble, so wondering what the 'disclosure' could be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

davydoc wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering, I have my start date, department etc, but was waiting on my Garda vetting to come through. This apparently can take a while because I'm originally from Northern Ireland ( therefore the Guards have to liase with the PSNI before completion of the process ), but living here now. Anyhow, I have just had an email saying -:

The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Public Appointments Service.

Is this normal ? I've never been in trouble, so wondering what the 'disclosure' could be ?

Thats just what it says when it's complete

Thats just what it says when it's complete

Cheers Crunchymomma - My heart was in my mouth there for a while :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

davydoc wrote: »

Hi congratulations on the post! There's nothing to worry about thougj, that just the way they phrase it. A disclosure being made is probably the fact that there are no issues with you being employed by the civil service.

I though the same when I saw that too and checked it out.

HDonal wrote: »
    Hi congratulations on the post! There's nothing to worry about thougj, that just the way they phrase it. A disclosure being made is probably the fact that there are no issues with you being employed by the civil service.

I though the same when I saw that too and checked it out.

Cheers HDonal - probably need to word it a bit better, I doubt I'm the only one that panicked when I saw it :)

Apologies, I was having a **** day.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hi I did my supervised test in 2016, interview in 2017 and I just received an offfer on Thursday - Offaly batch 1 mid 50s! I have little info on what I will actually be doing but I had to send off vetting - how long does it actually take and when should I resign from my current job?

Same timeframe as myself.

Vetting takes about 4 to 6 weeks.
    If you accept a placement in a Garda Station, there is a secondry round of vetting called "special vetting".
    That takes another 4 to 6 weeks seemingly.

Im waiting for that to be completed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hi there. Does anyone know what place they are at for cork now. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Longford?

Apologies, I was having a **** day.
    Dont worry :) hope today is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭benhurt1

Well I've finally got a start date! It has only been 2 years, 3 months, 11 days since I first applied in May 2016!
    FYI, for people waiting for "special " Garda clearance, mine took about 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

benhurt1 wrote: »
    Well I've finally got a start date! It has only been 2 years, 3 months, 11 days since I first applied in May 2016!
    FYI, for people waiting for "special " Garda clearance, mine took about 8 months.

Only ... :D

Congratulations on the post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

benhurt1 wrote: »

Congratulations!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement