Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

jaxxx wrote: »
    I did mine on the 31st I think for Limerick. Haven't heard anything about an interview yet. Someone here had one alright and was just a few places before me. I'm hoping to hear something next week as I doubt I'd hear tomorrow, and I'm gonna ring Friday week to enquire about it if I've heard nothing.

That was me, I did it yesterday morning and I just got an email to say i passed but I still don't know what that means. I'm in batch 6, no 25... will they ever even reach batch 6. Oh it's an emotional rollercoaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

miccy203 wrote: »
    Just got the email to say I passed the interview yesterday!!!!! That was so fast.... Thanks for all the tips they were a great help.

Just have to sit and wait to see will I be placed now 🀞🀞

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sammyd80

Icbaby wrote: »
    That was me, I did it yesterday morning and I just got an email to say i passed but I still don't know what that means. I'm in batch 6, no 25... will they ever even reach batch 6. Oh it's an emotional rollercoaster!

Congratulations!
    Do you know what batch has been placed in Limerick or where they are placement wise? I am in batch 6 no. 40, I haven't been called for interview.

Sammyd80 wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Do you know what batch has been placed in Limerick or where they are placement wise? I am in batch 6 no. 40, I haven't been called for interview.

Thanks. I've no idea but I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if someone can explain it to me cause I'm totally confused. Someone said the batch no is geographical and not the 6th batch in limerick. So that would make it just 25 ppl before me. But if it cuts off in October I'm not thinking 25 will be placed. But someone in the civil service told me always ring and ask about your place incase you slipped through the net. So if I was you I would totally ring and ask.
    Let me know how you get on and I'll let u know what they say tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pyker

Hi. Anyone got offered position in Tipperary lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Pyker wrote: »

Im nearly sure I saw a girl get offered a job in a rural Garda Station from the Tipp area (could be back 10 pages) it didn't say what batch or number she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Had interview on Tuesday for Limerick. Got email today with positive result, Woohooo!! Fingers crossed my place comes up.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Had interview on Tuesday for Limerick. Got email today with positive result, Woohooo!! Fingers crossed my place comes up.

We'll done!

Pyker wrote: »

I met a woman from Tipp at the stage 3 interviews on Tuesday.

Just a passenger

Well done now lets all try figure out will we get a job. Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Anyone here do the supervised tests for stage 2 2016 on the week of July 30th this year and if they did; did they get an interview after??...I was placed batch 3 low 20s for my region. Haven't heard anything since...Not holding much hope now to be interviewed and placed again the panel expires...a tough process on the emotions!

hi i did for the tipp region but im
    batch 5 mid 20’s after supervised exams but to be honest im not expecting any more from it!!! but best of luck as your region may be different just seems pointless calling us up if there wasnt any chance going further

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

tiny14 wrote: »
    batch 5 mid 20’s after supervised exams but to be honest im not expecting any more from it!!! but best of luck as your region may be different just seems pointless calling us up if there wasnt any chance going further

Ye, I feel the same way especially when you hear that people have passed their stage 3 over a year ago and haven't been placed...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Has anyone on here been placed in Meath recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FlowerGarden1

Hi
    Anyone know how many are left on Batch 3 for Galway?
    Thanks

I done the stage 2 test same time as yourself for the Tipp region, placed at 20 and was called up for interview on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

Wexford up to no.63 batch 1.....starting to call batch 2 next week. ....I'm in the teens of batch 2 but they couldn't say if I'd get the call as the competition is closing in the autumn.

Icbaby wrote: »
    Thanks. I've no idea but I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if someone can explain it to me cause I'm totally confused. Someone said the batch no is geographical and not the 6th batch in limerick. So that would make it just 25 ppl before me. But if it cuts off in October I'm not thinking 25 will be placed. But someone in the civil service told me always ring and ask about your place incase you slipped through the net. So if I was you I would totally ring and ask.
    Let me know how you get on and I'll let u know what they say tomorrow.

I rang them today. The guy I spoke to said that he didn't think that anymore interviews were going to be done from my batch that it would all depend on the placements that come up between now and the 2016 campaign closing (which he said was soon) and they are starting to interview for 2018. I asked does he know why we got called up for stage 2 if nothing was going to come from it (I wasn't rude) he said that it wasn't something he could answer. Bit disappointing, got my hopes up when got called for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Anyone ever get TWO requests to fill out the online Garda vetting ? I got the 1st on Tuesday and filled it in and sent on to them, got the mail back to tell me they'd received it, and that I could track it's progress online via the link. That is still showing as being 'In Progress ( NVB)

Then tonight, I got another invite to fill out another request which had been forwarded by P.A.S.

I'm guessing that it's because , in between times I posted off my documents as proof of identity ( passport and public services card ) , and that receipt of this has generated another request for vetting ?

I've emailed them now, with a screen grab of the current one, and will ring tomorrow.

Has this happened anyone before ?

I rang them today. The guy I spoke to said that he didn't think that anymore interviews were going to be done from my batch that it would all depend on the placements that come up between now and the 2016 campaign closing (which he said was soon) and they are starting to interview for 2018. I asked does he know why we got called up for stage 2 if nothing was going to come from it (I wasn't rude) he said that it wasn't something he could answer. Bit disappointing, got my hopes up when got called for stage 2.

Where did you come in stage 2? There may well be people placed below you that got called to stage 3 and will get placements.

Just a passenger

Where did you come in stage 2? There may well be people placed below you that got called to stage 3 and will get placements.

I am in batch 6 # 40 for Limerick.
    I'm not talking about people who have gone to stage 3 already I didn't ask about that.
    I asked on my situation and where I stood as I haven't been called for interview and this is what I was told.
    Hopefully a position will come up for anyone who has passed stage 3.

• Advertisement

I am in batch 6 # 40 for Limerick.
    I'm not talking about people who have gone to stage 3 already I didn't ask about that.
    I asked on my situation and where I stood as I haven't been called for interview and this is what I was told.
    Hopefully a position will come up for anyone who has passed stage 3.

I don’t know why you haven’t figured it out. They clearly needed to bring in let’s say e.g. 100 people to stage 2 and had a quota of e.g 25 places to fill. Therefore the top 25 assessed at stage 2 will be invited to stage 3. If you didn’t make the cut you won’t be called for stage 3 interview unless (in your case) at least 15 fail the S3 interview.
    Am I understanding your question right?

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

davydoc wrote: »
    Anyone ever get TWO requests to fill out the online Garda vetting ? I got the 1st on Tuesday and filled it in and sent on to them, got the mail back to tell me they'd received it, and that I could track it's progress online via the link. That is still showing as being 'In Progress ( NVB)

Then tonight, I got another invite to fill out another request which had been forwarded by P.A.S.

I'm guessing that it's because , in between times I posted off my documents as proof of identity ( passport and public services card ) , and that receipt of this has generated another request for vetting ?

I've emailed them now, with a screen grab of the current one, and will ring tomorrow.

Has this happened anyone before ?

I had two lots of Garda vetting to do but not as close together as yours. I was waiting 4 weeks for clearance for my first lot of vetting and then when I forwarded signed contract etc. to HR I got a link to complete the second lot.

I done the stage 2 test same time as yourself for the Tipp region, placed at 20 and was called up for interview on Wednesday.
    thats brillant well done an best of luck to you!!! im batch 5 number an think im 30 or around that il double check it!!! were you in batch 5 also?

thats brillant well done an best of luck to you!!! im batch 5 number an think im 30 or around that il double check it!!! were you in batch 5 also?

Yep.. Batch 5.1 Place 20 so there may be hope for you yet!!!!!...I would love to get placed somewhere before the comp finishes as it's some trek up to Dublin twice in 3 weeks! I'd love to know where they are on the Tipperary list.

Yep.. Batch 5.1 Place 20 so there may be hope for you yet!!!!!...I would love to get placed somewhere before the comp finishes as it's some trek up to Dublin twice in 3 weeks! I'd love to know where they are on the Tipperary list.
    i can live in hope for another couple of weeks so!!! i no it would be brillant to get placed an hope all goes well for you in interview!!! i no its costly to be going up & down but hopefully will be worth it in end!! if you email pas they will tell u how many are placed to date & it will give you fair idea then & infairness they are very good to reply!! i think this panel open til end of october but i could be wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

Is reference checks just a call to your boss or do they have to fill in forms

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Kaiya wrote: »
    Is reference checks just a call to your boss or do they have to fill in forms

They can do either. They phoned my employer but I know they can just email an form for them to complete to.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hennesm

Hi
    Does anyone know what number they are up to for Mayo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackaattackin

Hi everyone.
    Just wondering does anybody know how far there along in Westmeath region??
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 happy hedgehog

Anyone here on panels for Carlow or Kilkenny? Had my interview 2 weeks ago and passed. Am I getting my hopes up of being placed before close of this campaign in October?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement