Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hey guys,

Any movement on Kerry or Cork? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

Murph29 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any movement on Kerry or Cork? Thanks.

Hi Murp. I was in batch eight and in the top ten in Cork and was called today by PAS. Delighted needless to say. It looks like they are doing about ten or so a week. Give it take. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Is it worth ringing to see what that the story is with regards to stage 3? I'm dead anxious about the whole thing, been two weeks since I was told I passed stage 2. I know 2 weeks is probably nothing in the scheme of things and it maybe takes longer, like I said I'm just anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

jaxxx wrote: »
    Is it worth ringing to see what that the story is with regards to stage 3? I'm dead anxious about the whole thing, been two weeks since I was told I passed stage 2. I know 2 weeks is probably nothing in the scheme of things and it maybe takes longer, like I said I'm just anxious.

Give it some time. 3 to 4 weeks. Easy for me to say I know. That's what I'd give. Depends on where you are on the list. An email might help. Of course a shout out here too :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

lexa15 wrote: »
    Hi I'm in batch 3! I've also been in contact with them twice. I called a few weeks ago and was told they are around 20s in batch 2...called them recently and they wouldn't tell me what number they were at! The panel maybe closing end Oct. I didn't have an interview yet just completed supervised tests earlier this year so it's doubtful I will get anything at this stage.

I called a couple of weeks ago too, and was told that they were up to batch 2 number 6, so still had 2 to go to get to me. I the asked was it likely, given the lack of movement, if I would get chosen, and they said they didn't know. Thenon Saturday morning they called - I actually rejected the call, as I didn't know the number, then googled it and rang them straight back !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

davydoc wrote: »
    I called a couple of weeks ago too, and was told that they were up to batch 2 number 6, so still had 2 to go to get to me. I the asked was it likely, given the lack of movement, if I would get chosen, and they said they didn't know. Thenon Saturday morning they called - I actually rejected the call, as I didn't know the number, then googled it and rang them straight back !!!!

That's brilliant you got the call you will be delighted! It's good you rang them back right away haha...here's hoping they will get back in touch with me! Coming to the end of TCO contract be great to know either way before the panel closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Grovekid

Anyone from Kerry get called for interview lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

miccy203 wrote: »
    Iv an interview tomorrow for the Tipperary region. I am getting quite nervous now!! Would anyone have any tips that I could work on??

Been there
    2 people doing the interview and very nice, very helpful. Asked from my application about my work history. Asked from my application form about processes involved from starting a job to completion, what steps were involved. Asked about what I think the important things are dealing with a customer and what I believe a customer expectations are. Wanted to know why I want to join public service. Few other questions regarding communication skills and Microsoft office. They will touch on education and any courses you’ve listed. Over in 30 mins but I was enjoying it and stayed on for 40 mins. Just remember that these people have never met you just the same as you have never met them, nerves will be on both sides.
    Good luck :-)

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

TheJet wrote: »
    Did you have to select dates when you applied? I was only half thinking of applying for 2 weeks shorter working year but wouldn’t really know when I would take it

Yes you have to select dates when applying. It’s so management know exactly how many staff will be on leave if they approve all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deegene

Hi Grovekid
    I had my interview for Kerry in July, batch 4. Rang them last week and they said there was 11 left to place in batch 3.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dee, I'm I'm in batch 5. Can't see myself getting called for interview lately if they are still placing people from batch 3.
    Deegene wrote: »
    Hi Grovekid
    I had my interview for Kerry in July, batch 4. Rang them last week and they said there was 11 left to place in batch 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Grovekid wrote: »
    Thanks Dee, I'm I'm in batch 5. Can't see myself getting called for interview lately if they are still placing people from batch 3.

Hi,

I’m batch 3 number 4 Kerry and still waiting to be placed!!!

Don’t give up hope as they usually take on temporary clerical officers in the summer so movement is usually a lot slower, it should pick up shortly.

Thanks,
    Fiona

To anyone who has done the e-vetting online, mine has been sitting at 'Application scheduled for completion' since 1.30pm yesterday - Is it likely to sit long like that, or what are the steps it goes through ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

jacqs wrote: »
    I just rang pas I think they must have made a mistake.. they said they st 95 in Longford now!!!
    I'm number 92 for Longford, and I've heard nothing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Spellmaker wrote: »

I rang back again, spoke to a different person.. he explained they have a list on their screen up to number 95..
    85 placed and 4 more were offered in the last week.
    To be honest I spoke to 3 different people and got 3 different answers.

Anyone that got invited to stage 3 interview, were you given a phone call or text message to say that you have a message in your Public Jobs account? I've been keeping my phone within earshot wherever I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Aoifemc1989

davydoc wrote: »
    To anyone who has done the e-vetting online, mine has been sitting at 'Application scheduled for completion' since 1.30pm yesterday - Is it likely to sit long like that, or what are the steps it goes through ?

Hi Davydoc

From my experience it still has three small steps to take after the stage you are currently at. It should not take that long. It usually takes five working days to be completed. You will get an email from the evetting saying it is completed and it has been sent onto PAS. It will take PAS a few days to get it and review it and then they will call you to ask you can they contact your reference. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Anyone that got invited to stage 3 interview, were you given a phone call or text message to say that you have a message in your Public Jobs account? I've been keeping my phone within earshot wherever I go.

I got email only.

Just a passenger

Hi Davydoc

From my experience it still has three small steps to take after the stage you are currently at. It should not take that long. It usually takes five working days to be completed. You will get an email from the evetting saying it is completed and it has been sent onto PAS. It will take PAS a few days to get it and review it and then they will call you to ask you can they contact your reference. I hope this helps.

Thanks for that Aoifemc1989- they've actually done my references and all , I told them to go ahead when they phoned me on Saturday, and I was actually with the guy when they rang him, then I contacted them, as I couldn't remember who my second one was, and was told they had done one and it was enough, so I just had to wait on the vetting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

jacqs wrote: »
    Spellmaker wrote: »

I rang back again, spoke to a different person.. he explained they have a list on their screen up to number 95..
    85 placed and 4 more were offered in the last week.
    To be honest I spoke to 3 different people and got 3 different answers.

My preferred county is Westmeath. Think if they get to me with Longford, I'm gonna gamble and roll the dice again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

I did my interview last Thursday and received a text (and email) on Saturday telling me to log into my account for a new message.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

I did my interview on the Monday 13th and got email on Monday just gone to tell me log into my account for new message. Don't know how long it will be before I get placed, don't know where they are on the Mayo panel for placements.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

MJG87 wrote: »
    I did my interview on the Monday 13th and got email on Monday just gone to tell me log into my account for new message. Don't know how long it will be before I get placed, don't know where they are on the Mayo panel for placements.

Have you rang PAS? They are very helpful. I'm not holding out much hope of being placed though, as I was told they are up to 173 of 200 in Batch 1 (Meath) and I'm in Batch 2. She said the panel is closing in Sept or Oct but they don't have a date yet......they should have a date in early Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

liniloo wrote: »
    Have you rang PAS? They are very helpful. I'm not holding out much hope of being placed though, as I was told they are up to 173 of 200 in Batch 1 (Meath) and I'm in Batch 2. She said the panel is closing in Sept or Oct but they don't have a date yet......they should have a date in early Sept.

I sent them an email and was told that they have called OOM 312 for Stage 2 and batch 2 OOM 11 for Stage 3. Couldn't say how many had been placed due to candidates have choice of 2 regions

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Anyone here do the supervised tests for stage 2 2016 on the week of July 30th this year and if they did; did they get an interview after??...I was placed batch 3 low 20s for my region. Haven't heard anything since...Not holding much hope now to be interviewed and placed again the panel expires...a tough process on the emotions!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Kerry Panel Update: number two in batch three has now been placed!!!

That's great, there almost at your number

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

You're getting there :)

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    Anyone here do the supervised tests for stage 2 2016 on the week of July 30th this year and if they did; did they get an interview after??...I was placed batch 3 low 20s for my region. Haven't heard anything since...Not holding much hope now to be interviewed and placed again the panel expires...a tough process on the emotions!

I did mine on the 31st I think for Limerick. Haven't heard anything about an interview yet. Someone here had one alright and was just a few places before me. I'm hoping to hear something next week as I doubt I'd hear tomorrow, and I'm gonna ring Friday week to enquire about it if I've heard nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Just got the email to say I passed the interview yesterday!!!!! That was so fast.... Thanks for all the tips they were a great help.

Just have to sit and wait to see will I be placed now 🀞🀞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement