Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

I don’t know how things work in the PAS...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Spellmaker wrote: »
    Bizarrely, I just received an email too. I did my interview for the Longford region in May 2017, and received an email shortly afterwards saying I'd passed.
    The email I just received is telling me I passed my interview for my second county, Westmeath.
    I understand the same interview suffices for both counties, but weird that I got this email today, more than a year later. 🀔

It's because you dont get notified about your other county until such time that you would hsve been interviewed for that county had you not already been interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

Bizarrely, I just received an email too. I did my interview for the Longford region in May 2017, and received an email shortly afterwards saying I'd passed.
    The email I just received is telling me I passed my interview for my second county, Westmeath.
    I understand the same interview suffices for both counties, but weird that I got this email today, more than a year later. 🀔

It's because you dont get notified about your other county until such time that you would hsve been interviewed for that county had you not already been interviewed

Oh. I get you. So they must have done a wave of Westmeath interviews lately.
    Unfortunately so it doesn't mean they have my file out on the table and are about to ring me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

Xenji wrote: »
    They interviewed a handful of people from the second batch this week for the first time since they sat Stage 2 over a year ago.

I got email this morning saying I had passed my interview so guess I just have to wait now and see if anything comes of it.

MJG87 wrote: »
    I got email this morning saying I had passed my interview so guess I just have to wait now and see if anything comes of it.

Congratulations.. What region was it for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Have many been called for Galway/Mayo in this campaign thus far?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clones1980

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    Folks, can anyone help with this question, do you get the option to apply for a shorter working year or term time if placed in a garda station in a small town

I worked in the Guards for 16+ years. It really depends on what Division you are attached to and who your Superintendent is. I worked job sharing for 5 years however I really had to fight for it. Also I know of people who applied for shorter working year and they were only usually granted a maximum of 1/2 of what they applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Kitty2011 wrote: »
    Folks, can anyone help with this question, do you get the option to apply for a shorter working year or term time if placed in a garda station in a small town

I'm in a station and half the civilians here are on job share and two of the six of us were allowed take the same month off for shorter working year so no issues with anything like that here

Is it usual for PAS to interview so close to the start of a new campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

jacqs wrote: »
    Congratulations.. What region was it for

for Mayo.....don't know how far along the panel they are with actual offers....I thought that this campaign was finished for me it's been so long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what number was placed in County Roscommon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I’ve been a CO for 2 months and I was just wondering can I apply for 2019 shorter working year when applications open later in the year while I’m still on probation or will I have to wait until my probation has been signed off on before I can apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

Oh. I get you. So they must have done a wave of Westmeath interviews lately.
    Unfortunately so it doesn't mean they have my file out on the table and are about to ring me.

I did interview may 2017 and heard back in June 2017 tat had passed still waiting for position for longford..losing hope now

Kaiya wrote: »
    I did interview may 2017 and heard back in June 2017 tat had passed still waiting for position for longford..losing hope now

Their at number 85 since June in Longford.. I think once all the term time temps are gone they will start recruiting again.. I think, I hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Any news on Limerick? I remember someone here was Batch 6, 23 I think and had an interview this week. I'm just a few places above that and am glued to my phone waiting for the call/text.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

TheJet wrote: »
    I’ve been a CO for 2 months and I was just wondering can I apply for 2019 shorter working year when applications open later in the year while I’m still on probation or will I have to wait until my probation has been signed off on before I can apply?

You can apply while still on probation but the dates that you apply for must be after your probation is served. My probation only finished in April this year but I applied last October and was approved to take time this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

Has anyone been called recently in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fific93

lexa15 wrote: »

Where on the panel are you? I've been in contact with pas twice, I got two different answers about where they are in batch 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

Fific93 wrote: »
    Where on the panel are you? I've been in contact with pas twice, I got two different answers about where they are in batch 2!

Hi I'm in batch 3! I've also been in contact with them twice. I called a few weeks ago and was told they are around 20s in batch 2...called them recently and they wouldn't tell me what number they were at! The panel maybe closing end Oct. I didn't have an interview yet just completed supervised tests earlier this year so it's doubtful I will get anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Iv an interview tomorrow for the Tipperary region. I am getting quite nervous now!! Would anyone have any tips that I could work on??

• Advertisement

I just rang pas I think they must have made a mistake.. they said they st 95 in Longford now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

jacqs wrote: »
    I just rang pas I think they must have made a mistake.. they said they st 95 in Longford now!!!

Well I rang 2 weeks ago and was told I was next to be called (number 91) rang yesterday to see any update and was told still 4 ahead of me tat at 85... so fustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

lexa15 wrote: »

Yeah, I got called on Saturday for Donegal - I was batch 2 around 8 ish I think, and I've just done the online Garda vetting form there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

jaxxx wrote: »
    Any news on Limerick? I remember someone here was Batch 6, 23 I think and had an interview this week. I'm just a few places above that and am glued to my phone waiting for the call/text.

That's me and I'm in tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

miccy203 wrote: »
    Iv an interview tomorrow for the Tipperary region. I am getting quite nervous now!! Would anyone have any tips that I could work on??

Hi there Miccy,

This is something I posted twice before. I hope it helps.
    Stick to the STAR technique:
    Build a story around your answer when they ask for examples

SITUATION - what was happening
    TASK - what you had to do
    ACTION - what you did and how
    RESULT - what happened after what did you achieve

I found the interviewers to be very welcoming.
    Good luck

Icbaby wrote: »
    That's me and I'm in tomorrow so I'll let you know what they say. Fingers crossed.

Best of Luck!

natc wrote: »
    You can apply while still on probation but the dates that you apply for must be after your probation is served. My probation only finished in April this year but I applied last October and was approved to take time this summer.

Did you have to select dates when you applied? I was only half thinking of applying for 2 weeks shorter working year but wouldn’t really know when I would take it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

Hi there Miccy,

This is something I posted twice before. I hope it helps.
    Stick to the STAR technique:
    Build a story around your answer when they ask for examples

SITUATION - what was happening
    TASK - what you had to do
    ACTION - what you did and how
    RESULT - what happened after what did you achieve

I found the interviewers to be very welcoming.
    Good luck

Thank you very very much... I'll go through my answers tonight so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Icbaby wrote: »

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Justasking1979

miccy203 wrote: »
    Thank you very very much... I'll go through my answers tonight so.

No prob. This should keep you focused

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement