Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12 Final Build up thread: uppity westerners v their ladyboy brothers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Leg 1 of the journey underway. Bruce Springsteen tonight in Dublin. Ferry in the morning. Jersey packed. That's all I need, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Zzippy wrote: »
    Leg 1 of the journey underway. Bruce Springsteen tonight in Dublin. Ferry in the morning. Jersey packed. That's all I need, right?

Don't be ridiculous.

Jersey and ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Bazzo wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous.

Jersey and ticket.

why even pack it

Just wear Match outfit to the concert, drink all night and on ferry etc..

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Zzippy wrote: »
    That's all I need, right?

Tissues :)

Adbrowne wrote: »
    Tissues :)

Not going to post the South Park meme, but yeah, when Aki scores a hat-trick there will be tissues needed...

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    why even pack it

Just wear Match outfit to the concert, drink all night and on ferry etc..

AKA "Muldooning it"

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/730743273745227778

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Full kit w*nker

Scrum preview from Neil Treacy: http://www.the42.ie/leinster-connacht-scrum-analysis-2791121-May2016/?utm_source=twitter_self

"...second best loosehead in the country at the moment in Denis Buckley..."(Ok ok I'll stop :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Well you know how pessimistic I am so you can't at all blame me for usually being carried away, for what I'm gonna say :
    it's 50/50.
    Leinster were favorite, I said it earlier in the week, but without Toner and Nacewa (2 of their 4 main leaders IMO) their slight advantage vanished

Back-three is now a tie (as back-row), 2nd row advantage Connacht. Same for centre pairing, which exactly compensates the slight advantages of Leinste up-front and for n 10.

Will be magnificent (on the paper of course)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Eh...Leinster don't have a slight advantage at number 10. It's a gaping chasm. It's the only one to be fair - I would be confident of Leinster getting the upper hand in the front row but not necessarily dominating.

Even without Nacewa and Toner, on paper Leinster are a better team. Which will just make it all he better for Connacht if they win....but I don't think they will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Winters wrote: »
    ill get me coat

Winters colds?

SOL played 20s with Canada. Still qualified for Ireland. 20s doesn't rule him out and he hasn't played for any other side

Do they have a Canada A? I think 20s counts as second team if not and would rule him out

Can't see Aki targeting Sexton. Why would he. Indeed I simply don't understand this concept of targeting players. McGinty will not let Sexton pass (his tackle stats are amazing). Aki will be far too busy creating mayhem with his runs to be bothered where Sexton is behind him. And if Leinster play an up and under game they are really asking for trouble. TOH is the best fielder of the up and under in the country and sets up the counter-attack so fast, well the game would be over by half time. Leinster do and again will target the scrum. Where they will lose in the breakdown is that their recycle is so slow while on the Connacht side Marmion is gone like a flash. So I think you need a different game strategy than proposed or this will be a very one-sided contest.

Man I really hope connacht do it but you're talking some awful ring here

Bazzo wrote: »
    Scrum preview from Neil Treacy: http://www.the42.ie/leinster-connacht-scrum-analysis-2791121-May2016/?utm_source=twitter_self

"...second best loosehead in the country at the moment in Denis Buckley..."(Ok ok I'll stop :P)

They've some very good analysis there in the 42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

to all those traveling today or waking up in Scotland - hope you have a great day, hope the two teams shine and hope it's a cracker of a game...
    Best of luck to all, but share a though for us at home, sitting through 1st communions and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

...final post for a few hours.... just a lovely little story about Connacht and the love and respect they have for their community....

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.mullarkey.1/posts/1250246134987343?pnref=story

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

...final post for a few hours.... just a lovely little story about Connacht and the love and respect they have for their community....

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.mullarkey.1/posts/1250246134987343?pnref=story

Lovely story. In fairness, the rugby pros are great at coming up trumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

to all those traveling today or waking up in Scotland - hope you have a great day, hope the two teams shine and hope it's a cracker of a game...
    Best of luck to all, but share a though for us at home, sitting through 1st communions and the like!

So sorry to hear that.

I think you underestimate how good McGinty is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

connachta wrote:

I think you underestimate how good the first choice Irish out half, first choice Lions out half and world player of the year nominee is, regardless of how well McGinty has performed in the Pro12.

• Advertisement

Missing a family communion ourselves. Some things are just too important... on the 1030 ferry now, looks to be about 5:1 green to blue. Hon Connacht!

Buer wrote: »
    connachta wrote:

I think you underestimate how good the first choice Irish out half, first choice Lions out half and world player of the year nominee is, regardless of how well McGinty has performed in the Pro12.

We're talking about one match, and on 80 minutes he can hold the comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

connachta wrote:
    We're talking about one match, and on 80 minutes he can hold the comparison

Only in so far as he plays to his best and Sexton doesn't.

If they both play to the best of their abilities, it's a pointless comparison. It would be like saying Noel Reid can hold a comparison to Bundee Aki over 80 minutes.

not the same IMO, kicking game to the post is the only area where the gap is as wide as you might expect, if both play the same % of their best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

connachta wrote: »
    not the same IMO, kicking game to the post is the only area where the gap is as wide as you might expect, if both play the same % of their best

Sexton has the big game experience. Him on his own is probably the mainreason why Leinster are favourites. Mc Ginty is a good player but there is no comparrison. You would back Sexton aganst any OH in the world.

Sexton misses games regularly, hope it's today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

connachta wrote: »
    Sexton misses games regularly, hope it's today.

Yeah I wonder will Connacht target him? A few early marginally late hits could disrupt him I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Yeah I wonder will Connacht target him? A few early marginally late hits could disrupt him I guess?

I doubt it. He is well used to dealing with that sort of stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Some great pics doing the rounds on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/craggyrugbypod/status/736467042338021376

Saw a tweet earlier from someone in Newcastle saying there were hoards of Leinster fans at the station waiting for the Edinburgh train.

It feels like there's a bit more excitement all around this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yeah, it's great to see, especially for the Pro12.

Goddammit. I really want Leinster to win, but Connacht winning would be super for Irish rugby.

Advertisement