Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12 Final Build up thread: uppity westerners v their ladyboy brothers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

LEIN wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be lost without these boys and girls...

TG4 have been massive supporters of the Celtic league for years now, over a decade at least anyway.

A lot of people would be lost without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

wp_rathead wrote: »
    there is a double room going in a hostel in Edinburgh for 1 night (Sat 28th) for €13,088...

Too late lads.

You snooze you lose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I'm planning to watch the Exeter Chiefs v Sarries game at the Murrayfield Fanzone from 3pm - could meet there? Think we could all unify and get behind Chief's :D
    I don't know where I'll be Friday or post match Saturday
    The clan are meeting up from 7pm in the three sisters. I suspect that's where many will be. Its not to far away from haymarket, where our bus leaves from at midnight so I'm heading there. Getting in the door might be a challenge though. As for before the match I guess its everybody to themselves. Team bus arrives at 4.15 so will probably be close by to cheer them into the stadium. Likely entrance is east side of stadium where dressing rooms are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    TG4 have been massive supporters of the Celtic league for years now, over a decade at least anyway.

A lot of people would be lost without them.

Connacht fans would have been completely ****ed without them, up until recently no other broadcasters had any interest in showing their matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

TG4 are great Id generally prefer not to understand the commentary than have to listen to Ryle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

To quote myself (because that's how I roll)
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    I now hate Connacht.

That's how they know they've made it.

I'm not even close to having a divided opinion on this. I want Leinster to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    To quote myself (because that's how I roll)

I'm not even close to having a divided opinion on this. I want Leinster to win!

I would like Connacht to win. But I want them to earn it by being better than Leinster at their best. I would prefer Leinster to beat Connacht at their best in the best final in European rugby history

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

salmocab wrote: »
    TG4 are great Id generally prefer not to understand the commentary than have to listen to Ryle

I'd like to hear Ryle's version Tommy Booooooowwwweeeee when Niyi Adeolokun scores :D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭redmca2

Can someone please confirm what channel Sky will be showing the match?

Thanks

redmca2 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm what channel Sky will be showing the match?

Thanks

Ss3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

My missus said if you get a tattoo, make sure you get have it done in a place that the doesn't matter...
    I'm off to Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

My missus said if you get a tattoo, make sure you get have it done in a place that doesn't matter...
    I'm off to Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Murrayfield Hotel might be an ideal place for some pints, if they've got their marquee up. Get their early and then it's only a 10 minute walk across the road.

I'll check in after work tonight.

Walked past last night.
    The bar at the Murrayfield Hotel (The Bothy) has the Marquee up, might not be a bad spot for anyone looking to get close to the ground, setup shop and the stroll across the road 30 minutes before kick off.

TheAlbert wrote: »
    My missus said if you get a tattoo, make sure you get have it done in a place that doesn't matter...
    I'm off to Munster

I don't know where that came out of but I think it should go back to the corner it came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Will the Connacht 23 be the same as for the semi-final?

Would expect Leinster to bring Rob K back in, shift Nacewa to the wing and DK to the bench, otherwise the same. Maybe see Triggs replace Molony on the bench but it would be very harsh.

Connacht have no new injuries and Danie poolman returns. It would be a real surprise if the 23 changes and certainly the first 15 looks nailed down

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Would expect Leinster to bring Rob K back in, shift Nacewa to the wing and DK to the bench, otherwise the same. Maybe see Triggs replace Molony on the bench but it would be very harsh.

I thought molony was excellent last Friday. He just carries so well and has a massive engine, really gets around the park.

It's funny, Leinster have always had issues at lock, now there's a headache on who the pick when all are fit. I genuinely don't think I can pick starters out of toner, McCarthy, Kearney or molony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

.ak wrote: »
    I thought molony was excellent last Friday. He just carries so well and has a massive engine, really gets around the park.

It's funny, Leinster have always had issues at lock, now there's a headache on who the pick when all are fit. I genuinely don't think I can pick starters out of toner, McCarthy, Kearney or molony

Yeah, Molony is a potential star. Toner is nailed on for the foreseeable but Kearney looks to have what it takes too. McCarthy - who knows? Add Triggs to that list and the Nagle signing looks even stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Ladyboy brothers!? I'm guessing that is supposed to be funny.

Why is that allowed as a thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

nc6000 wrote: »

Because it's a bit of banter that none of us take seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

At last it's not as insulting a upidty westerners, I'm outranged....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »

I think a lot comes down to what we need on a given day. Triggs' big selling point is the grunt he brings in the scrum over the likes of Molony and Kearney. Kearney and Molony are fairly similar in that they both operate well in the line-out and carry well. McCarthy is more the traditional enforcer as well and is a serious defender. It is a great position for us to be in though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

molloyjh wrote: »
    I think a lot comes down to what we need on a given day. Triggs' big selling point is the grunt he brings in the scrum over the likes of Molony and Kearney. Kearney and Molony are fairly similar in that they both operate well in the line-out and carry well. McCarthy is more the traditional enforcer as well and is a serious defender. It is a great position for us to be in though in fairness.

There's a case for playing one of them at 6 at times next season if we're coming up against big packs or have injuries. McCarthy doesn't have the legs for blindside anymore but Kearney has some solid experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Roux may get in ahead of Browne. Ronaldson might come in to the 22 jersey with a winger taking the 23 for more cover but it's probably slightly more likely to stay as is.

I've just bought my tickets and I saw a note saying some rooms are reserved in a few Travelodge's around the city, price doesn't seem too bad if anyone is looking for a last minute place, £170/£175:

https://secure.clydetravel.com/public/bookings/OfferOptions.aspx?ao=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've just bought my tickets and I saw a note saying some rooms are reserved in a few Travelodge's around the city, price doesn't seem too bad if anyone is looking for a last minute place, £170/£175:

https://secure.clydetravel.com/public/bookings/OfferOptions.aspx?ao=1

£175 a night for a TravelLodge!!! That's some serious price gouging.

Synode wrote: »
    £175 a night for a TravelLodge!!! That's some serious price gouging.

Final and the Edinburgh Marathon Festival on at the same weekend, not too bad, accommodation in Edinburgh will be going for silly money anyway from now until the end of August.
    Better than £525 for the Sheraton anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It's a reference to Neill Franncis or some other pundits comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looks like Poolman isn't gonna be in the 23 anyway

https://twitter.com/DaveMcSharry/status/736149026874220544

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

Advertisement