Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ziggyman17 wrote:
    Gave up at the 3rd boss fight, life is too short to be dealing with this .. like the game, but the randomness of the boss fights are ridiculous..

Summon, I did for about half the bosses. Finished it the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All.

I'm on mission 103 Sekigahara with a first build of 93. I must be near end game... Why do I see some builds online at 500+?

some guys are outputting 7k damage per strike when I'm averaging 500 per strike with a purple staff with 565 attack...

what am I missing?!

There was an infinite XP glitch in a previous version of the game, lots of people used it to get up to very very high levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

There are divine weapons (green) once you finish the main game. These can also be upgraded up to +5 for maximum output.

Thanks. So divine weapons are for ng+ or new missions unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally got around to finishing this last night, I must say the last 8 bosses were very easy compared to others in the game, took down 100 Eyes in less than two minutes on my first try, I think I finished up around level 115 and went the Heart/Magic route.

I enjoyed the game, the shallow story ( the historical aspects were nice though ) and lack of enemy variety, coupled with the annoying inventory system were the only flaws, the combat was very satisfying, the environments were interesting and the game felt fresh till the end, looking forward to the sequel as Team Ninja like to make multiple entries in their franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thanks. So divine weapons are for ng+ or new missions unlocked?

You can swap between NG and NG+ at will once you have finished the main story.

• Advertisement

You can swap between NG and NG+ at will once you have finished the main story.

Cheers. How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Cheers. How does that work?
    It's changing the mission difficulty from the map screen at will rather than a proper NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

About 60 hours in, really like it, very frustrating at time's but usually down to some stupid error on my part ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

40 I'm the sale is tempting me but I don't know if I could handle the rage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

40 I'm the sale is tempting me but I don't know if I could handle the rage.

It's definitely worth the price but yeah, the rage will be strong with this game. :D

• Advertisement

Just had a boss kick my arse for a bit, infuriating as some of his moves means you're fecked if he starts, beat him and I think the gratification of going foware outweighs the rage.... just!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The first fight with Hino-Enma was the only time I came close to Souls rage, plain sailing after that with every other boss.

Finished it. There were a few other bosses that really pissed me off but like souls it was a matter of patience and figuring out their attack pattern. I did look up a few YouTube videos for a bit of guidance. Mostly the same as what I was doing anyway.

I much prefer the wandering about anyway than the boss battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Don't think I'm bothered with the DLC, I did enjoy it but don't see myself going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I'm the tiniest bit disappointed Date Masamune isn't voiced by Kazuya Nakai, if only because now he unlikely to tell us to "Put ya guns on!" before we go fight oni. :pac:

ANyoine still playing post NG+ ?

I'd love to level up a Devine weapon to +10 but the guides seem like dutch to me...

These game systems seem to damned advanced to get your head around..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Need new Souls fix. Is this worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Yes, it's not hugely similar either but if you like the Souls, you'll enjoy it.

• Advertisement

So I finally got round to getting this. Finding it much harder than the From Software games. Initially it was grand then I got to Hino Enma I think she was called. Batgirl. Took me ages to get by her. First few times I took little or no health off her. Slowly progressed to half her health before finally besting her. Reason I think it's harder than Souls is there is practically no room for error. Get caught in one combo and you are brown bread. Can be frustrating. You really need to pay close attention to your stamina bar. It can be very slow filling back up. In saying that I'm enjoying it for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So I finally got round to getting this. Finding it much harder than the From Software games. Initially it was grand then I got to Hino Enma I think she was called. Batgirl. Took me ages to get by her. First few times I took little or no health off her. Slowly progressed to half her health before finally besting her. Reason I think it's harder than Souls is there is practically no room for error. Get caught in one combo and you are brown bread. Can be frustrating. You really need to pay close attention to your stamina bar. It can be very slow filling back up. In saying that I'm enjoying it for the most part.

Yeah, it reminds me of bloodborne though, Hino Enma is like the Gascoigne of Nioh. She appears completely over whelming at first, She is one of the hardest bosses in the game, likely because you're at low level and dont have as many skills at hand to use, your knowledge of the game is also minimal so you dont know yet what magics/ninjitsu's are useful.

nix wrote: »
    Yeah, it reminds me of bloodborne though, Hino Enma is like the Gascoigne of Nioh. She appears completely over whelming at first, She is one of the hardest bosses in the game, likely because you're at low level and dont have as many skills at hand to use, your knowledge of the game is also minimal so you dont know yet what magics/ninjitsu's are useful.

When do you start getting magic etc? Also, does the gameplay, i.e.enemies change at all? So far it seems to be the same enemies albeit more of them. I'm currently in the poison caves and at the centipede boss. Had one go at it then stopped. Apart from the poison it seems OK, managed to get it down to about half health bar. But to be honest I'm getting a little bored due to the aforementioned enemies and the very sameish gameplay throughout. Also I had been getting 7 elixirs at the shrine but since starting the new zone it's started giving me 3 which sucks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

I downloaded this game on release but didn't like it because I felt it was too hard . I'm stuck with it so may as well try to get back into it . I have finished dark souls 1 to 3 blood borne and the witcher 3 and all its dlc content . Surely I can best this game. Would appreciate some advice in starting weapon and where to power up stats at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

When do you start getting magic etc? Also, does the gameplay, i.e.enemies change at all? So far it seems to be the same enemies albeit more of them. I'm currently in the poison caves and at the centipede boss. Had one go at it then stopped. Apart from the poison it seems OK, managed to get it down to about half health bar. But to be honest I'm getting a little bored due to the aforementioned enemies and the very sameish gameplay throughout. Also I had been getting 7 elixirs at the shrine but since starting the new zone it's started giving me 3 which sucks.

Cant recall when exactly, its called onymo or something like that, and then theres ninjitsu, they are more of a support skill set to your weapon builds.

With regards to your elixirs, they are dependent on the lil green dudes you find, some of them increase your capacity in elixirs. So when you start each new zone, they will drop back down until you find the relevant cute lil bastards to bump it back up.

As for weapons, go with what you prefer to use, all are good. But in terms of whats i found to be the most useful/highest damage it would have to be the two mini swords, followed by the ball and chain rope thingy. I found there move set the easiest to counter most bosses. In saying that however, you can kick just as much ass with the sword/spear also, just maybe not as fast.

There was a skill you could get with the dual swords that just made everything roll face, im surpised it wasnt nerfed, however i havent placed any of the DLC's yet so it could be all different now. :pac:
    Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Surely I can best this game.

You can, easy, it seems difficult at first but the more you progress and the more familiar you get with everything the more manageable the game becomes, alot of the content becomes roll face with the odd wall. But i loved it start to finish, rich in content and likeable characters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just picked this up on PC and im up to the second boss which was also in the beta test on the PS4. I remember during the beta that the loot got from fighting Revenant's was super good compared to standard enemy drops and the Revenants themselves where pushovers for the most part. So this time around i'm not fighting any of them and im gonna collect all my gear from enemies. Would i be gimping myself in this way? Is there items that can only be got from Revenants like in the Dark Souls series?

Playing with the Tonfa's and the Nodachi at the moment. I was tempted to go with super heavy armour and a battleaxe and lots of HP but i can't help but feel armour/defensive stats are useless. Most Yokai 2 shot me and im wearing medium armour. Is it possible to get to a point where i could be considered "tanky"? Would be fun to go against the grain of what the game wants me to be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wouldn't mind picking up the complete edition actually.

What really frustrates me about about this game is on the map area you have a choice in what destination you choose a lot of the time but once that area is chosen you cant get out of it until it's completed. I'm in this arena type area now and I'm stuck . There's no shrine so I can't even level up. I can manage to get to the Cyclops bad guy but since my elixrs are gone from killing the previous enemies I can't kill him. The area is called the garden of the underworld

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    What really frustrates me about about this game is on the map area you have a choice in what destination you choose a lot of the time but once that area is chosen you cant get out of it until it's completed. I'm in this arena type area now and I'm stuck . There's no shrine so I can't even level up. I can manage to get to the Cyclops bad guy but since my elixrs are gone from killing the previous enemies I can't kill him. The area is called the garden of the underworld

You get something that allows you to quit the mission. Think it's called a fragrant branch or something. One type loses your xp and one let's you keep it. I'll see if I can find the proper name.

Edit its himirogi branch and also a travel amulet.

• Advertisement

You get something that allows you to quit the mission. Think it's called a fragrant branch or something. One type loses your xp and one let's you keep it. I'll see if I can find the proper name.

Edit its himirogi branch and also a travel amulet.

Where

Advertisement