Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not to boast but i didn't find her hard neither :P Beat her on my first attempt while fighting close (Range of an Odachi) without Sloth. Try fight her in low stance as your dodge is much faster as well as your attack so you can get in and get out very quick.

It was fine up to know but I find the game freezing a lot for maybe 15-20 seconds at a time usually at shrines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It was fine up to know but I find the game freezing a lot for maybe 15-20 seconds at a time usually at shrines.

Slowing down or complete freeze? cant recall my game ever freezing in spurts, even for a second :eek:

Are you playing from disc or downloaded copy?

Hope your system isnt on the way out :(

Downloaded copy, less than a year old so if it's gonna go it better be soon lol.

It freezes and recovers sometime at a shrine or what feels like loading an area transition.

What determines the price for soul matching ? Say I have 2 items at the same level , I could take both up say 5 levels and one would cost 30k while the other could be 6 figures :confused:

• Advertisement

I always came to the conclusion that the more levels you're raising the item would dictate the cost of the item, the more levels the more costly, the amount of stats on it also i predict makes a factor.

I did some digging seems if you've previously matched it then the cost will be much higher

Think thats the first time I've heard Irish spoken in a AAA game.

haha yeah, i was chuckling away when i heard it, i have heard it before though, sang, not spoken. The best has yet to come in the first Metal gear solid:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The ladder Smith & Emerald Herald in Dark Souls 2 and Father Gasgoine in Bloodborne are the only others that come to mind.

Edit: Doh! read that as Irish Characters.

• Advertisement

Emerald Herald in Dark Souls 2

I only read the other day that the Emerald herald is voiced by Ruth Negga :pac:

Oh there are some seriously bull**** fights that open up after you finish NG :mad:

Oh there are some seriously bull**** fights that open up after you finish NG :mad:

lol

Are you referring to
    Nobunaga and his missus
    ?

I loaded into that one and gave up for the night, cursing saying not another one having battled
    the two kings
    for an hour or so.

It throws XP at you end game and in NG+ doesn't it. I died and checked in the call back menu what I'd dropped to see if it warranted the use of a candle I knew I'd about 1.1 million boy did I read that wrong it was actually 11 million and enough for 8 points :eek:

NG+ isn't worth spending any time on beyond getting doing enough stuff to get the mission to push on to way of the demon and some gear.

You instantly get +10 lvl 170+ drops in WotD Wish I'd known this sooner :mad:

With that stuff and the XP you get (walking around with 100+ million now) you can melt those assholes in the 2v1 missions in NG

NG+ isn't worth spending any time on beyond getting doing enough stuff to get the mission to push on to way of the demon and some gear.

With that stuff and the XP you get (walking around with 100+ million now) you can melt those assholes in the 2v1 missions in NG

Yeah i didnt bother with NG+, just done all normal missions/bosses, platinumed and then moved on to next game. I've yet to do the DLC's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Isn't NG+ called Way of the Strong? I have moved onto another game after doing the main story but when I do come back to this I do one mission in Way of the Strong and then turn the game off. I assumed you had to clear all that to get to the next difficulty?

You actually need to do very few to move it on to NG++ way of the demon in terms of missions. I had the 1st 2 regions fully done and a hand full in others before The Queen's Eyes was available in Omi region.

Looks like I really didn't need those 2v1 fights for the Samurai of Legend trophy were they added by dlc maybe? I got the trophy when the twilight mission I needed came into rotation and I still had 3 of the 2v1 missions to do.

Just the blacksmith one now for platinum. That needs a spend of about 20 million. I'm at 13 with 3 in hand so shouldn't be too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You actually need to do very few to move it on to NG++ way of the demon in terms of missions. I had the 1st 2 regions fully done and a hand full in others before The Queen's Eyes was available in Omi region.

Looks like I really didn't need those 2v1 fights for the Samurai of Legend trophy were they added by dlc maybe? I got the trophy when the twilight mission I needed came into rotation and I still had 3 of the 2v1 missions to do.

Just the blacksmith one now for platinum. That needs a spend of about 20 million. I'm at 13 with 3 in hand so shouldn't be too bad.

So how hard would you rate too plat this?

• Advertisement

If you push on to NG+ then NG++ which isn't too bad as once you beat the game you can move between difficulties, co-op when you need it's ok you can get massive XP and divine gear that will help with any solo only missions in NG you can't deal with. You can get to NG++ in a few hours of starting NG+ of you focus on gear and stats.

20 million in gold to the blacksmith is the big one. You need to basically sell everything you pick up and won't use from the get fo to prevent a big grind.

DLC trophies and missions are not need for platinum thankfully which requires you to beat every mission on NG++ and some other grindy stuff as well as being just rock hard even on NG at level 220.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Any way to break the game? I've found it too hard and just want to see the content as this stage. Finished ds3 for the 10th time and still found new stuff . Ds3 and bloodborne are piss easy compared nioh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Any way to break the game? I've found it too hard and just want to see the content as this stage. Finished ds3 for the 10th time and still found new stuff . Ds3 and bloodborne are piss easy compared nioh.
    The sloth talisman Onmyo magic skill.

Evade wrote: »
    The sloth talisman Onmyo magic skill.

Yeah this alone turns the game into super easy mode, whats part of the game are you at Tyler? It gets easier the more you level and get more abilities.

I don't know about before but the sloth talisman is handy yes but you can only carry a certain amount and it's duration is variable on certain enemies , much shorter on humans. In no way would I say it's easy mode if you are under leveled/geared for the difficulty you are on. For me it was at best a way slow the boss etc for a bit while I tagged it with other debuffs etc. You can't spam soul stones any more either for living weapon.

I'm on to way of the wise now and about to walk away I think I started skipping cut scenes in the DLC which is a bad sign and not because it's bad but I'm into the cycle of playing for the gear and not the story/game and knowing me I could sink hours into that when I have new games waiting to be played.

I don't know about before but the sloth talisman is handy yes but you can only carry a certain amount and it's duration is variable on certain enemies , much shorter on humans. In no way would I say it's easy mode if you are under leveled/geared for the difficulty you are on. For me it was at best a way slow the boss etc for a bit while I tagged it with other debuffs etc. You can't spam soul stones any more either for living weapon.

I'm on to way of the wise now and about to walk away I think I started skipping cut scenes in the DLC which is a bad sign and not because it's bad but I'm into the cycle of playing for the gear and not the story/game and knowing me I could sink hours into that when I have new games waiting to be played.

Oh i only used it on bosses, the mobs are easy, the only ones that took time to master killing was the dude with the longue tongue and the feckin wheel! :mad:

nix wrote: »
    Oh i only used it on bosses, the mobs are easy, the only ones that took time to master killing was the dude with the longue tongue and the feckin wheel! :mad:

Wheel monks are a bloody pain, you need to hit them in their yellow spot on their back to stun them. Usually though they turn up unexpectedly giving you littlke chance to prepare for doom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

nix wrote: »
    Yeah this alone turns the game into super easy mode, whats part of the game are you at Tyler? It gets easier the more you level and get more abilities.

The ocean roars again

The ocean roars again

Oh that one is ok, light the 3 fires head to the boss. Then things get bad Umi-Bozu can one shot you in a couple of ways even when I was high level and helping lower level players. The way to cheese him on lower difficulty is with the fire masks. They melt him. You can do it without lighting the fires but then you have ads to deal with. Melt him with the mask then use a fire based guardian spirit for phase 2.

Quick change scrolls in the ninjutsu tree are probably the most valuable tool you can have in the game. Get used to using one at all times. If you die with one active (lasts about 4 minutes or so I think) you respawn immediately with 20% health.

• Advertisement

The ocean roars again

Yeah you are getting to the point where the game starts getting easier, the only bosses which will give you real trouble are the humans you spar with, but its all about learning the winning attack pattern with them as opposed to overcoming a boss mechanic. Just let them attack until they have expelled most of there energy and then unleash on them, they will get knackered/stunned when they have no energy.

Keep at it and get the sloth talisman for the cheese, you got this!!

Advertisement