Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

Starting to get into this now but I just noticed I haven't been spending the various skill points I've about 30 Samurai points unspent :s

For levelling up I've just put most into heart for swords and a few in skill stamina and spirit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

Starting to get into this now but I just noticed I haven't been spending the various skill points I've about 30 Samurai points unspent :s

For levelling up I've just put most into heart for swords and a few in skill stamina and spirit :confused:
    The samurai points aren't the points used for stats they're used to unlock new attacks.

Evade wrote: »
    The samurai points aren't the points used for stats they're used to unlock new attacks.

Ha yeah I've found that section at last , the kick at the end of combo looks useful. Could have used some of the other stuff for that flying boss earlier :mad:

EDIT:

I got really lucky really early too , I got a purple variant of the Raikiri the NPC has in The Spirit Stone Slumbers was great for chopping down the statue enemies.

This game needs to learn it's loot colours though , bugs me blue is better than yellow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ha yeah I've found that section at last , the kick at the end of combo looks useful. Could have used some of the other stuff for that flying boss earlier :mad:

EDIT:

I got really lucky really early too , I got a purple variant of the Raikiri the NPC has in The Spirit Stone Slumbers was great for chopping down the statue enemies.

This game needs to learn it's loot colours though , bugs me blue is better than yellow :D

Avoid fighting player Revenants on your first play, you can get some seriously overpowered stuff from them. Playing this game offline is fine as it doesnt have the awesome message system that Dark Souls has. AI Revenants are fine and some actually have voice lines after you kill them.

As for loot colour, you can actually change it in the settings. Have a look

Oh and set weapons add to the set bonus if you have them as your second equipped. So you dont have to actually use them in combat for the bonus

Avoid fighting player Revenants on your first play, you can get some seriously overpowered stuff from them. Playing this game offline is fine as it doesnt have the awesome message system that Dark Souls has. AI Revenants are fine and some actually have voice lines after you kill them.

As for loot colour, you can actually change it in the settings. Have a look

Oh and set weapons add to the set bonus if you have them as your second equipped. So you dont have to actually use them in combat for the bonus

Yeah I was doing a twilight mission there, still in the first area it's the one with all kinds of powerful monsters and a summoner on a temple had to kill a few revenants, one dropped a full level 44 Warrior of the West set.

EDIT: Ha you were right about the loot colors option but it's more a colour blindness option.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was doing a twilight mission there, still in the first area it's the one with all kinds of powerful monsters and a summoner on a temple had to kill a few revenants, one dropped a full level 44 Warrior of the West set.

EDIT: Ha you were right about the loot colors option but it's more a colour blindness option.

Oh. Didn't know it was a colour blindness option. I actually cleared the game 2 days ago and I'm working on the DLC and New Game+ at the moment. I'm at a point where I have the options set to only let me pick up Purple items and up. White yellow and blue are never an upgrade for me and it's way to much sorting at the end of a mission looking for what might be good.

I only hope it doesn't bite me in the ass when I need tonnes of materials for end game equipment.

I've been pondering what to do with all the clutter, the game throws stuff at you. I've been storing anything thats part of a set but the rest either gets sold or scrapped. I started to be more selective about what I pick up but even then theres tonnes to sort after a mission.

I found after a while that holding on to stuff was pretty pointless. By the time you got a full set of something it was usually outclassed by the random loot on the ground. After that I sold all the commons and uncommons and broke down or combined the rares and exotics.

I've been pondering what to do with all the clutter, the game throws stuff at you. I've been storing anything thats part of a set but the rest either gets sold or scrapped. I started to be more selective about what I pick up but even then theres tonnes to sort after a mission.

If its a set your not using, get rid of it. As Evade said loot gets outclasses quickly as you go through your first play of the game, not sure how it is in NG+ Besides later you get blueprints for these sets and you can craft them at any item level, and they still drop in later areas of the game. For example im using 3 Pieces from the Raging Bull set (the first set in the game) that are ilvl 150

I checked online and it seems to general consensus is to Dismantle>>Sell>>>>>>>>Offer to Shrine

For the offerings that's where familiarity comes into play correct? Or does that have any effect on anything else? What I've been doing so far is maxing a secondary I've no use for and offering that as it gets max familiarity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

The game is not for me . I just find it too hard for some reason and I've completed dark souls 1.2 .3 and bloodborne . The pulse mechanic seems to be something I just can't take too but something I need to master the game. I think this is harder than the from software games because with them you can always usr a run and hide tactic . This is just relentless with loads of enemies from all angles. Getting it for my brother for Christmas so perhaps he'll like it

I think my biggest issue regards difficulty is with how stamina works and the number of enemies that have the ability to hamper it's recovery. It's bloody pain to be hitting r1 or trying to get a block up or dodge, it can get a bit messy but maybe I just need more practice.

I think my biggest issue regards difficulty is with how stamina works and the number of enemies that have the ability to hamper it's recovery. It's bloody pain to be hitting r1 or trying to get a block up or dodge, it can get a bit messy but maybe I just need more practice.
    If you're fighting in one of those black and white areas the oni put down use a ki pulse or some salt to get rid of them.

Umi-Bozu is some bastard :mad:

Had no fire buffs left, and kept getting pummelled so no fire = not much damage.

Quick google in a fit of rage reminded me I had those fire masks to melt him with :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Umi-Bozu is some bastard :mad:

Had no fire buffs left, and kept getting pummelled so no fire = not much damage.

Quick google in a fit of rage reminded me I had those fire masks to melt him with :pac:

Are you finding it easier than dark souls?

Are you finding it easier than dark souls?

No not at all , I don't mind saying I did some jolly coop on a 2 bits so far out of pure frustration a flying boss in particular nearly cost me a controller.

It's different to DS but you know what to expect at the same time.

Took me until just a few minutes ago to realise you can press the touch pad on the map screen to manage your bloody character like when you are on a mission. If that was mentioned somewhere in the game it wasn't at all obvious to me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

No not at all , I don't mind saying I did some jolly coop on a 2 bits so far out of pure frustration a flying boss in particular nearly cost me a controller.

It's different to DS but you know what to expect at the same time.

Took me until just a few minutes ago to realise you can press the touch pad on the map screen to manage your bloody character like when you are on a mission. If that was mentioned somewhere in the game it wasn't at all obvious to me :mad:

Flying boss? The hot vampire? :confused:

nix wrote: »
    Flying boss? The hot vampire? :confused:

Yeah very early on at the bottom of the caves, likes those stun needles.

Yeah she was a mare when i tackled her first :mad:

Is it me or are some of the enemies you encounter super aggressive, more so than Dark Souls??

• Advertisement

Is it me or are some of the enemies you encounter super aggressive, more so than Dark Souls??

Yeah, with some being the opposite. Found the Giant Tongue Monk Oni to be the most aggressive, hes always rushing you down. Then the Cyclops Oni and the Axe Skeleton Warrior. Everything else feels like a Dark Souls enemy, as in they have spurts of aggression and some passive play. The Hellwheels seem totally feckin random tho, which makes them one of the more annoying enemies to face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Yeah, with some being the opposite. Found the Giant Tongue Monk Oni to be the most aggressive, hes always rushing you down. Then the Cyclops Oni and the Axe Skeleton Warrior. Everything else feels like a Dark Souls enemy, as in they have spurts of aggression and some passive play. The Hellwheels seem totally feckin random tho, which makes them one of the more annoying enemies to face

What is it about wheel shaped enemies that make them so annoying? I found them by far the worst in this. Bonewheel skeletons in dark Souls are one of the hardest enemies also (IMO).

I dropped this at the poison filled caves and The Great Centipede. I don't know what it is but I struggle to comprehend the control system and ki pulse. I never really bothered with the tutorial section after the first tutorial. If I were to go back and do some more training would it make any difference? I was really enjoying the game in the beginning but fighting the same enemies throughout every mission really started to bug me.

F'n spiders :mad:

The medium and large ones are fine but the tiny ones you swing and miss if you're in the wrong stance are a pain in the hole.

What is it about wheel shaped enemies that make them so annoying? I found them by far the worst in this. Bonewheel skeletons in dark Souls are one of the hardest enemies also (IMO).

I dropped this at the poison filled caves and The Great Centipede. I don't know what it is but I struggle to comprehend the control system and ki pulse. I never really bothered with the tutorial section after the first tutorial. If I were to go back and do some more training would it make any difference? I was really enjoying the game in the beginning but fighting the same enemies throughout every mission really started to bug me.

How the Ki pulse works is of you do an action that uses stamina it depletes your stamina bar right? It will quickly refill in a light blue colour, if you hit R1 during this time your Ki will replenish to the point you pressed R1. If you land it perfect near the beginning of your spent stamina bar you will get the pulse and remove defiled ground zones and other benefits depending on your weapon/skills unlocked. If you don't press R1 during the quick recovery stage your stamina will fall back down to the amount you spent and recover much slower.

That's it really. So let's say you do a full heavy combo with the Odachi and you can't combo anymore you wait a half second till the quick regent bar fills the hit R1 and you get almost all your stamina back and you can continue to pummel your enemy. But on the bigger enemies that have hyperarmour you can't get wild just doing full combos then Ki Pulsing. There is a skill on each weapon that lets you Ki Pulse while you dodge. So instead of pressing R1 to pulse you just dodge with X and it works the very same way. But not as effective as the R1 standing still version as there is some skills linked to it that give additional benefits other than the refund of the stamina.

Also blocking is very good in this game. If you get caught in a combo and you try to mash dodge to escape it (Dark Souls style) you will simply get stunlocked and killed. But the game allows you to block inbetween the enemies attack strings.

As far as enemy types, you will be fighting the same enemies right till the end of the game, with a few additions. Its not such a bad thing to be honest. When you learn what moves the enemies have you can play super aggressive against even the giant Demons and dance around them and dodge to their rear and attack while the swing at air, its very satisfying. Thats why i think this game isn't really a Dark Souls clone, feels more like a Ninja Gaiden game.

I'm slow to call a game cheap but a game that has a boss that can one shot you upon entering the arena is seriously f'n cheap :mad:

As in enter boom , dead.

I'm slow to call a game cheap but a game that has a boss that can one shot you upon entering the arena is seriously f'n cheap :mad:

As in enter boom , dead.
    Which boss?

Which boss?

Yuki-Onna , i've figured out they intend you to range her and as a result you have to farm the bloody boss arena for bullets.

Yuki-Onna , i've figured out they intend you to range her and as a result you have to farm the bloody boss arena for bullets.
    I got stuck on her for a while. I think I mostly meleed her in the end. Do you have the skills to increase your ammo capacity?

I got stuck on her for a while. I think I mostly meleed her in the end. Do you have the skills to increase your ammo capacity?

After I got used to her attacking upon entry and dodging I worked out that I can't stay close for long she throws her weapon and I can get 1 or 2 melee hits.She must have a low health bar as one shot with a rifle does 1k damage which does move her health bar down more than other bosses. Sloth doesn't stick to her for as long either so might try water talisman on my fire sword to lower her attack :confused:

I wish you could pull bullets from store at the shrines. If you bought them you should have them refresh like elixers.

• Advertisement

I didnt find her that hard, she can do heavy damage, but dont remember her one shotting me :confused:

Advertisement