Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

You get something that allows you to quit the mission. Think it's called a fragrant branch or something. One type loses your xp and one let's you keep it. I'll see if I can find the proper name.

Edit its himirogi branch and also a travel amulet.

Do they not just bring you back to the start of the level and not the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Do they not just bring you back to the start of the level and not the map

Nah its for quitting the mission IIRC. Specifically for that. Only problem is once you quit there is not really anything else to do.

Nah its for quitting the mission IIRC. Specifically for that. Only problem is once you quit there is not really anything else to do.

Is there a way to go back to the first map

Well you can do the actual mission instead of the sub mission

I'm doing a lot better with this game now but I still find it very hard . I'm on the angry gods sub mission and my character level is 33 . I dunno but I feel I should be much more powered up . I see players I summon at the same level as me and they are much more powerful. Perhaps my stats haven't been levelled properly. Is there a way of reseting your stats ? If so how should I reset mine

Body 12
    Heart 5
    Stamina 23
    Strength 13
    Skill 5
    Dex 7
    Magic 5
    Spirit 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What weapons are you using? the weapons you choose dictates which stats to level up

nix wrote: »
    What weapons are you using? the weapons you choose dictates which stats to level up

Using the axe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Yeah you are leveling the stats that are most beneficial to the axe, but Strength gives the most benefit. You can reset your stats from the Blacksmith, she sells a purple rarity book (forget its name) Make sure to check your gear at the end of each mission and equip new gear for the next one to keep you powered up. Keep your equip under 70% and make use of the Ki pulse

I felt the game is harder at the start compared to Dark Souls but gets alot easier than Dark Souls. Because of the lack of variety in enemies you get better and better at killing the same enemy types compared to DS where it throws new enemies at you often.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Remember the sloth talisman, which - if they haven't nerfed it - is a shortcut to success :)

Yeah you are leveling the stats that are most beneficial to the axe, but Strength gives the most benefit. You can reset your stats from the Blacksmith, she sells a purple rarity book (forget its name) Make sure to check your gear at the end of each mission and equip new gear for the next one to keep you powered up. Keep your equip under 70% and make use of the Ki pulse

I felt the game is harder at the start compared to Dark Souls but gets alot easier than Dark Souls. Because of the lack of variety in enemies you get better and better at killing the same enemy types compared to DS where it throws new enemies at you often.

My problem is I'm trying to play it exactly like dark souls. I just can't take to the ki system or the different stances. It's a headache for me

• Advertisement

Remember the sloth talisman, which - if they haven't nerfed it - is a shortcut to success :)

What stats should I increase to nerf it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Evade

What stats should I increase to nerf it
    The sloth talisman is one of the skills on the magic skill tree. It slows down enemies making a lot of situations ridiculously easy.

The stances basically determine what type of attack you do.
    Low: fast and weak
    Mid: medium speed and damage
    High: Slow and strong

Evade wrote: »
    The sloth talisman is one of the skills on the magic skill tree. It slows down enemies making a lot of situations ridiculously easy.

The stances basically determine what type of attack you do.
    Low: fast and weak
    Mid: medium speed and damage
    High: Slow and strong

They also determine how well your dodge with Low being the best and High being the worst. You also take less Ki damage when you block in mid stance but i haven't really noticed a difference.

I read about the Sloth talisman before i played the game and i plan not to use it. Saw videos of it in action and its makes the already easy boss fights super easy.

They also determine how well your dodge with Low being the best and High being the worst. You also take less Ki damage when you block in mid stance but i haven't really noticed a difference.

I read about the Sloth talisman before i played the game and i plan not to use it. Saw videos of it in action and its makes the already easy boss fights super easy.

How do u get sloth talisman and what stats should I increase to make it.bettrr

How do u get sloth talisman and what stats should I increase to make it.bettrr
    It's one of the onmyo magic skills. You have to complete the Omnyo Adept mission in the dojo to see it on the skill tree. Increasing the magic stat lets you equip more onmyo talismans.

This game has me very frustrated . The tutorials are very badly designed . How are you supposed to do what your asked like use skill points from the learn skill option in the status menu to learn a skill when you have no bloody skill points in the first place. Also how to you quit a tutorial uncompleted without wasting one of those branch items . All I want is to get the sloth talisman . The games a bloody head wreck

Ok I need help.before I fire this game against the wall

I'm in the way of the ninja novice tutorial. I need to either 1. Complete the mission or quit the mission . I have no skill points to do what I'm being.asked to do but I can't see how to quit the mission either . Very badly designed tutorial

Ok I need help.before I fire this game against the wall

I'm in the way of the ninja novice tutorial. I need to either 1. Complete the mission or quit the mission . I have no skill points to do what I'm being.asked to do but I can't see how to quit the mission either . Very badly designed tutorial

I gotta agree, the tutorials are badly designed. You have to pick up the Ninja Locks and use them to gain a skill point in the Ninja tree. Then use the point on anything and proceed to kill the 2 guys that come to attack you. Job done

The Ninja locks are in the usable items list

Going to get a disc in gamestop for 20 quid in the sale is the season pass worth a look for 9.99 on the PS store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This game is taunting me on the store..... Buy me... Buy meeee.

• Advertisement

This game is taunting me on the store..... Buy me... Buy meeee.

Taunting me even more at 16.99 in Argos , trigger pulled !!!!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A steal!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh thats a good price, is the PC port complete pants then? Because I'm tempted to just get it on PS4 if it is.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh thats a good price, is the PC port complete pants then? Because I'm tempted to just get it on PS4 if it is.

Playing the PC version and it seems equivalent to the PS4 version. Runs at 60fps which i assume the PS4 version does. Only issue i have with the PC version is that it does 16:10 aspect ratio with black borders and it has FPS drops in very specific areas, almost as if its loading in the assets from the next area and frames drop because of. But its only for a millisecond and has never happened to be in a combat. Decent port imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Going to get a disc in gamestop for 20 quid in the sale is the season pass worth a look for 9.99 on the PS store?

Yes

Is there much of a difference between action and movie mode on a standard ps4? I assume its fps at the cost of resolution ?

SPent 5 minutes there attacking the cell door as it gets highlighted and the attack controls are on screen :rolleyes:

Doing a twilight mission , it's the same as the 1st mission in the game but with monsters, going ok until I got to the main area and village where you have to go over the roofs. Those skeleton wheels are a big bloody problem as are the graves of other players which seem to activate themselves and attack :mad:

the graves of other players which seem to activate themselves and attack :mad:
    There's another enemy summoning them, it looks like a monk playing some kind of lute.

Evade wrote: »
    There's another enemy summoning them, it looks like a monk playing some kind of lute.

Ah ha like in bloodborne, fell through a rough and landed on one, was wondering why he died so easy.

• Advertisement

Question , are bonuses on secondary weapons active even if not in use?

Advertisement