Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

How much gold are people carrying? I've just spent around a million leveing up the 7 pieces of warrior of the west gear to levels 75-80.
    I'm level 72 at the moment i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

derfderf wrote: »
    How much gold are people carrying? I've just spent around a million leveing up the 7 pieces of warrior of the west gear to levels 75-80.
    I'm level 72 at the moment i think.

Soul Matching isn't viable during your initial playthrough, you'll never be making enough money under ordinary circumstances to keep up with the cost (it rises with gear level as you probably noticed).

Generally speaking you're better off just wearing whatever is the highest level and best bonus gear you've got (farming revenants along the way is pretty easy) rather than trying to maintain a particular set.
    The Red Demon set being an exception due to its sheer popularity and therefore drop-rate among Revenants.

If you're dead-set on trying to keep the WotW set then IMO you're better off
    farming Tachibana until he drops his three recipes (armor set, bow and katana) and then breaking down enough gear for the mats (and forging them into higher quality ones) to forge it along with farming whatever demon smithing material is needed (can't remember off the top of my head, don't think it's a horn).

As a warning, there is a large degree of RNG in forging, you can easily offer all purple materials and get a white forged so if you're inclined to save scum it's not a bad idea. Even if you get a purple it can have crappy bonuses which warrant significant reforging. You won't want to be doing this more than every 10 or so levels to make sure you don't deplete out your mats. I would still recommend leaving trying to maintain a set until after your first run though.

(I had about 4.5m at the end of my run but I was mostly either offering gear for amrita or breaking it down for mats so I'm not sure how much you could have if you primarily broke down gear and sold the mats which are generally worth more than the weapons/armors themselves.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it possible too get the plat in one run?

Is it possible too get the plat in one run?

Yep, I got my plat before I ever touched Way of the Strong, although Nioh works a bit different to Dark Souls in that NG and NG+ are separate so you can swap between them whenever you like at the map screen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna get the next I think , dieing too play it :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

I wish I didn't download this game so I could trade it in . I hate it . Love dark souls 1 3 and bloodborne. Finished them all but the difficulty of this thing is a joke . I might start another game from the very beginning in a few days because my current build is useless

I wish I didn't download this game so I could trade it in . I hate it . Love dark souls 1 3 and bloodborne. Finished them all but the difficulty of this thing is a joke . I might start another game from the very beginning in a few days because my current build is useless

You mean you're finding it harder than dark souls?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

You mean you're finding it harder than dark souls?

Yes way harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yes way harder

If you're still stuck on the second boss, summon someone to help, I'm sure anyone here would be happy to help out. While it is a good learning fight, it is a bit of a step up in difficulty. The subsequent missions are much easier.

Your stats at that stage in the game won't be making it much more difficult so I'd avoid restarting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I'd be very surprised if it was possible to mess up a build at an early stage of the game: so much of your power is based on equipment that I'd say level stats are a good bit less important than they are in Dark Souls.

I know this isn't much help if you're really stuck so apologies if it comes across negatively, but I genuinely believe the game is considerably easier than a Souls game - so if you've gotten past them, you definitely should be able to make it through this! Practice Ki Pulse, learn the weaknesses of the bosses (most are stunnable, even that challenging second boss who can be knocked right out of the air), charge your living weapon before boss battles and save it 'til you're desperate, and above all take risks. It's definitely a game where you need to get right in there - if you stand back and play defensively like you might in DS fights will become much more difficult. The balance between attack and defense is much more lopsided towards the former here!

One other tip for the early game - the Living Water skills are invaluable. Being able to Ki Pulse through dodging will speed up the flow of the game and keep you moving with a decent amount of stamina to play with :)

• Advertisement

I'm gonna get the next I think , dieing too play it :pac:.

I had a lot of fun with it and I'm really looking forward to the DLC. Every weapon feels properly viable, ninjutsu and onmyou likewise.

Only flaw for me really is maybe the lack of enemy variety and the gear/blacksmithing system feeling a little too RNG/spammy.

I hate to be that guy, but honestly I had the opposite feeling. Once I hit my stride, got my combos in order and learned how to deal with each different demon a lot of the difficulty in the game sort of fell away for me.

If you're dead-set on changing away from the axe, my advice would be rather than starting a new character (although at 16 you could without losing much), would be to Himorogi back to the main map, swap weapons and run the first mission and/or side missions attached a few times until you find something you like. One you've done that buy the respec book off the blacksmith (30k is nothing really) and reset your character towards that new weapon. As Johnny_Ultimate said unlocking the skills which allow you to ki pulse in different stances are vitally important.

Personally I started with the single katana before moving to the spear and alternated between them (though I'd pick the spear between the two). It gives you great range cover, great breaking ability and was just a generally great weapon for me in my playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

Are there six or seven regions? I'm almost done with the fifth now an I'm wondering how much is left.

Evade wrote: »
    Are there six or seven regions? I'm almost done with the fifth now an I'm wondering how much is left.

There are six regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh, getting the platinum for this is annoying, i never done the twilight missions, so ive to wait ages now to get the trophy until i play all of the twilight missions, you can only do 2 a days, all other trophies acquired. Whoever decided to include twilight missions into the trophy, i hate you :mad: I know you're reading this! :mad:

nix wrote: »
    Ugh, getting the platinum for this is annoying, i never done the twilight missions, so ive to wait ages now to get the trophy until i play all of the twilight missions, you can only do 2 a days, all other trophies acquired. Whoever decided to include twilight missions into the trophy, i hate you :mad: I know you're reading this! :mad:

How many twilight missions are there?

9 by the look of it :(

Can you change the date on your PS4 to get new missions?

EDIT: What level did people finish at? I've got two main missions left judging by the amount of Kodama left to get and I've just hit 100 without doing any real grinding.

Sorry to say, but there's 10 of them.

EDIT: What level did people finish at? I've got two main missions left judging by the amount of Kodama left to get and I've just hit 100 without doing any real grinding.

About 125 IIRC but I had the Toyotomi clan buff active and was doing all the side/twilight missions so that probably got me a few extra levels.

Sorry to say, but there's 10 of them.

Sure it'll only take you 5 days if that's the case

Are they online missions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I never understood why those twilight missions kept changing.
    I've finished the 2 easiest ones, suggested level 15 & 20.
    Keeping an eye out for the rest as they appear. I'm only at level 68 now so wont bother with the harder ones till later.

Sure it'll only take you 5 days if that's the case

Are they online missions ?

no they are just the same as other missions but just have alot more enemies in them.. im doing in on normal game mode as i pretty much one attack everything with the dual swords build i have..

I gave dark souls 3 a whirl last night, i was prepping a character for the expansion before nioh, playing nioh has ruined by DS skills, i keep pressing x to roll/dodge and just get flattened, and changing weapons when i go to heal :(

Soul Matching isn't viable during your initial playthrough, you'll never be making enough money under ordinary circumstances to keep up with the cost (it rises with gear level as you probably noticed).

Generally speaking you're better off just wearing whatever is the highest level and best bonus gear you've got (farming revenants along the way is pretty easy) rather than trying to maintain a particular set.
    The Red Demon set being an exception due to its sheer popularity and therefore drop-rate among Revenants.

If you're dead-set on trying to keep the WotW set then IMO you're better off
    farming Tachibana until he drops his three recipes (armor set, bow and katana) and then breaking down enough gear for the mats (and forging them into higher quality ones) to forge it along with farming whatever demon smithing material is needed (can't remember off the top of my head, don't think it's a horn).

As a warning, there is a large degree of RNG in forging, you can easily offer all purple materials and get a white forged so if you're inclined to save scum it's not a bad idea. Even if you get a purple it can have crappy bonuses which warrant significant reforging. You won't want to be doing this more than every 10 or so levels to make sure you don't deplete out your mats. I would still recommend leaving trying to maintain a set until after your first run though.

(I had about 4.5m at the end of my run but I was mostly either offering gear for amrita or breaking it down for mats so I'm not sure how much you could have if you primarily broke down gear and sold the mats which are generally worth more than the weapons/armors themselves.)

I don't think I'll be farming the smithing texts for it. Took me ages to just get the bow, with a luck scroll and weapen drop kodamas (?). That was only lvl 28, so that cost 700k alone to souls match up to 78 (at least it was purple though). I really wanted the full set.
    I have (had) tons of smithing material i can sell. I kill every revenant i can, so i have a lot of gear to disassemble.

What level gear did you finish the game with?

I don't think I'll be farming the smithing texts for it. Took me ages to just get the bow, with a luck scroll and weapen drop kodamas (?). That was only lvl 28, so that cost 700k alone to souls match up to 78 (at least it was purple though). I really wanted the full set.
    I have (had) tons of smithing material i can sell. I kill every revenant i can, so i have a lot of gear to disassemble.

I still don't think you'd have enough gold to do it mate, even if you sold literally everything you got. The costs just ramp up too much. It'll cost you 700k soon just to make 4-5 level jumps as opposed to 40-50.

As I said Soul Matching is intended to be done at (gear level) 150 for a particular type/rank of gear. And its still horrendously expensive even then (I'm talking millions for a single piece)
    What level gear did you finish the game with?

I beat the 145 Twilight mission before endgame so I had a level 150 Red Demon set gear that I forged for myself.

Twice during the last boss (I assume) I've used the item to go back to the map screen instead of the one that goes back to the last shrine.

I still don't think you'd have enough gold to do it mate, even if you sold literally everything you got. The costs just ramp up too much. It'll cost you 700k soon just to make 4-5 level jumps as opposed to 40-50.

As I said Soul Matching is intended to be done at (gear level) 150 for a particular type/rank of gear. And its still horrendously expensive even then (I'm talking millions for a single piece)

I beat the 145 Twilight mission before endgame so I had a level 150 Red Demon set gear that I forged for myself.

I well believe you. That was my first soul match since level 15 or something, all i could afford. I really want to keep the WoW gear and sword though (i like the bonuses), but felt my gear was lagging behind my progress.

So you'd advise dropping the set for higher level (similar) armour? I had a feeling I'd struggle keeping it at a high level without lucky drops from revenants.

I'm not actually having too much trouble with the game. The second boss (the flying Chun Li), and the sea monster, were the only bosses i gave a fist pump in celebration after beating. The rest all seemed like a matter of time, even if i died a few times.

So you'd advise dropping the set for higher level (similar) armour? I had a feeling I'd struggle keeping it at a high level without lucky drops from revenants.
    Drops are pretty good even from regular enemies. I managed to keep mostly to the warrior of the west set (weapons aside) for most of the game from drops, sometimes I was a few levels behind for a bit until I got the right drop.

Twice during the last boss (I assume) I've used the item to go back to the map screen instead of the one that goes back to the last shrine.
    To add some further stupidity on my part I forgot the game doesn't auto save when you quit which I did after beating the boss. So I beat the last boss again and then my game crashed during the post boss fight cut scene.

But I've finished it now, all in all it's pretty good. On to the platinum.

The side mission rewards are ridiculous. A pose and 4 pieces of high quality leather. I get more from the gear of one revenant.

• Advertisement

The side mission rewards are ridiculous. A pose and 4 pieces of high quality leather. I get more from the gear of one revenant.
    It's more about the drops you can get from the side mission bosses.

Advertisement