Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trivially happy that a thread has been named after me - recognition at last! :D And before anyone complains about my trivial happiness, I'd like to point out that I'm not in the wrong thread, since this is no longer the Trivial Annoyance thread, at least for the time being. So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

New Home wrote: »
    Trivially happy that a thread has been named after me - recognition at last! :D And before anyone complains about my trivial happiness, I'd like to point out that I'm not in the wrong thread, since this is no longer the Trivial Annoyance thread, at least for the time being. So there.

Welcome, thread overlord.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's Thread OverLady to you, Recylingbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oh Lord Lady, now you have made her angry Recycling

That's Thread OverLady to you, Recylingbin.

Sorry, ma'am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

My trivial annoyance today is cryptic thread titles. What sort of tomfoolery is going on in here? >_>

Annoyingly, people have to guess what actor my post is about now

:(

Trivially Annoyed, and a little bit sad too, that things are back to normal. Oh well, it had to happen at some point, I suppose... :/

:(

Trivially Annoyed, and a little bit sad too, that things are back to normal. Oh well, it had to happen at some point, I suppose... :/

You've had your fifteen minutes tbf

You've had your fifteen minutes tbf

TA that my 15 minutes of fame were more like 2 and a half...:mad::(

Better that nothing, I suppose, and I didn't even have to take part in Big Brother or some similar crap. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA at the thread turning into a chat thread. Grr.

TA also that the dinner I want to cook involves getting off the sofa and cooking it.

TA at me being a grumpy sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Overuse of the word "mate," especially on UK TV channels. And to make it worse those cop shows that pull some guy over, call him maaaate, tell him ANPR has showed he has no insurance blah blah. So mate we're taking you car mate and crushing it mate so get your stuff out mate and walk home mate.

IF HE'S YOUR F**KING MATE THEN GIVE HIM A LIFT HOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Up until less than a week ago I was an Amazon virgin. I'm not generally a fan of buying stuff online but Jesus I'm possessed now ! It started with a book I couldn't see in the book shop in town. I've since ordered 2 more books, and then another order of cosmetics and another book. I'm not arsed with bidding, and am rather trivially annoyed that I didn't notice the postage on one item is twice the price of the item. I'm hoping that the thrill will wear off soon, but the thrill of a book hitting the doormat is just too damn much for me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

73Cat wrote: »
    Up until less than a week ago I was an Amazon virgin. I'm not generally a fan of buying stuff online but Jesus I'm possessed now ! It started with a book I couldn't see in the book shop in town. I've since ordered 2 more books, and then another order of cosmetics and another book. I'm not arsed with bidding, and am rather trivially annoyed that I didn't notice the postage on one item is twice the price of the item. I'm hoping that the thrill will wear off soon, but the thrill of a book hitting the doormat is just too damn much for me right now.

TA'd I have memorised my new credit card number. BoI changed my card and I was TA'd I'd have to memorise a new number but it did stop me buying online during bouts of insomnia, as there was no way I was getting out of bed to go and get the card for the number, but now I have it committed to memory, there's no stopping me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I swore that I wouldnt have takeaways this weekend but Im sitting here waiting for one,stomach rumbling and TAd at myself for my total lack of willpower.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Colser wrote: »
    I swore that I wouldnt have takeaways this weekend but Im sitting here waiting for one,stomach rumbling and TAd at myself for my total lack of willpower.:(

TA that I want to reply to you and give you encouragement and tell you I have faith in you and know how hard it is - but that would be chat and I wouldn't do that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I had my usual Friday night takeaway and, for the second week in a row, it was ****ing disgusting. Once again, half of the chips had to be thrown away for having grey blotches on them and a damp smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Updates on video games EVERY FRIGGIN time i manage to get the lads on for a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I had my usual Friday night takeaway and, for the second week in a row, it was ****ing disgusting. Once again, half of the chips had to be thrown away for having grey blotches on them and a damp smell.
    Yuck..dont get them there anymore Hugo.

Ive eaten mine and now the usual rant has started..never again/Im stuffed/feel sick:rolleyes:

TA that I have only half a bottle of nice wine and then I will have to change a different one or beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Yuck..dont get them there anymore Hugo.

Ive eaten mine and now the usual rant has started..never again/Im stuffed/feel sick:rolleyes:

TA that I have only half a bottle of nice wine and then I will have to change a different one or beer.

Yeah, I'm gonna vote with my feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That f**king Ribena ad.

ZU-BE-DOO-ZU-BE-DOO

Hard to believe that an actual advertising agency could come up with such a concept, approve production, and execute the whole thing, without somebody somewhere along the way saying 'hold on, this is total shit!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Sooo tired when I used to only go out at this time.
    Must be getting old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

That paranoid feeling that your arse crack is showing when bending down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The annoying fukking virus that's still on my PC even after a System Restore.
    Reckon my Hard Drive is infected. So I'll have to fork out for a new Hard Drive

Grrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

gammygils wrote: »
    The annoying fukking virus that's still on my PC even after a System Restore.
    Reckon my Hard Drive is infected. So I'll have to fork out for a new Hard Drive

Grrrrrrrrrr! :mad:

Highly unlikely you'd need a new hdd. Have an aul google there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

People saying "or no" instead of "or not".

People who still do not take a few minutes out of their lives to learn the remedial difference between:

1. your and you're [you are]
    2. their and they're [they are]

There are numerous more, but these two in particular make me raise my eyes and be less open to what they're writing: a sloppy speller indicates a sloppy thought process.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The kids drank all my chocolate milk. They are on the naughty step for the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Waking up at your usual 'working day' time on the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

kfallon wrote: »
    Waking up at your usual 'working day' time on the weekend!

Waking up two hours before my working time on a weekend because my new fire alarm bought to replace the chirping one started talking to me again.... It's like they wait till 5 am and then just want a little chirpy chat!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement