Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Ush1 wrote: »
    My wifes indecisiveness when ordering food in a restaurant.

ME : Have you decided what you want to eat?
    HER : Yeah I definitely know what I'm getting.
    WAITER/WAITRESS: What would you like?
    HER : (her accent goes more Cork)Sorrryyyy now, but I can't decide between the fish cakes or the chicken dish! What do you think? Ah I'm terrible I knoooowwwwww.

Every. F*cking. Time.:mad:

I used to have a friend like this. Used to.

Also knew someone else who sent their food back every time. It got real old, real quick.

TA that I am having a hard time so decided to get out for a walk rather than stay in bed like I've done for the last 3 days.

Visited the graveyard then headed home. 100 metres from my house I realised I had left my keys beside one of the graves so had to turn back to get them.

On the way home it first hailed then poured.

Should have stayed in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

mud wrote: »
    I used to have a friend like this. Used to.

Also knew someone else who sent their food back every time. It got real old, real quick.

TA that I am having a hard time so decided to get out for a walk rather than stay in bed like I've done for the last 3 days.

Visited the graveyard then headed home. 100 metres from my house I realised I had left my keys beside one of the graves so had to turn back to get them.

On the way home it first hailed then poured.

Should have stayed in bed.

How many were you visiting? :D

(for completion and lest there be any confusion or breaking of rules, my lack of knowledge of how many graves you visited TA's me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    How many were you visiting? :D

(for completion and lest there be any confusion or breaking of rules, my lack of knowledge of how many graves you visited TA's me)

I visited 5! Funnily enough I knew when I put the keys down that it was a stupid thing to do.

TA that my head is obviously up my hole this week :pac:

TA pre-emptive fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ush1 wrote: »
    My wifes indecisiveness when ordering food in a restaurant.

ME : Have you decided what you want to eat?
    HER : Yeah I definitely know what I'm getting.
    WAITER/WAITRESS: What would you like?
    HER : (her accent goes more Cork)Sorrryyyy now, but I can't decide between the fish cakes or the chicken dish! What do you think? Ah I'm terrible I knoooowwwwww.

Every. F*cking. Time.:mad:

The pressure. Its like its a life decision to them. Like those couples agonising outside looking at the menu on the window alternating peering in at the diners inside as they nervously debate the life merits their decision to come in or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who got to he bother of driving to the coast/beach and then sit in the car reading the Sunday World.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People eating yoghurt in the office. It pongs, and the scraping of the spoon in the pot is horrible. (I actually like yoghurt!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Clickbait.

People who are meanies.

Bird****e on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Waiting for a tax refund on tuition fees. It's been "assigned" for the past two weeks. Does "assigned" mean sitting on someone's desk? And when you call, their opening hours are 09:20 - 16:00 - I want to work in Revenue!

It'll take the full 30 days they are allowed to take! I've done this 4 times in the past and they always needed a whole month to get back to me.

TA that my cold just won't go away, it's been almost 2 weeks now and I'm still not feeling great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

It was just hailing quite a lot and lots of sooty hailstones ended up in and around my fireplace, great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Vice used to put out some really great documentaries and articles, but they've gone to the dogs lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

The weird ways that laces are set up when you buy a new pair of shoes.
    Have to cut with a scissors, always too long and flop over the new shoes. Could get caught in an escalator or something dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The weather in Ireland.

Upcoming May bank holiday weekend - weather will be ****.
    Summer - weather will be **** - maybe a few sunny midweek days, but mostly rain, and ****.
    Winter - even our winters are ****! - just slightly colder versions of summer. feck all snow, just colder rain.

My OH is of the foreign variety, coming from a place where winter is winter, (-10/-20) and summer is summer (+20/+30), and thats it, you make plans for the summer and theres a 97% chance the weather will be fantastic. She hates the weather here.
    In Ireland you can make all the plans you want, and theres about a 0.0034% chance it just might not be raining that day! Look for sun that same day and the odds narrow even further.

The best predictions/plans we can make is that its sometimes nice in April & September, and thats it.
    When the good weather finally does show up, you have far too little notice to actually plan meaningful use of said weather unless you own a boat/camper/holiday home.

I was driving yesterday and the weather report said highs of 9 degrees in Dublin, I looked and the car outside temp said 10 degrees (I was giddy with the fact we were in double figures at the end of April). How pathetic.

Its 4 degrees in Galway, its like bloody winter again. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Its 4 degrees in Galway, its like bloody winter again. :mad:

I drove into work in snow this morning, not much but it was there!

TA'd that I have no more fluffy socks left to wear because I've been to lazy to put a wash on all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I ate all the coconut yogurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

It's the 28th of April. I should not be huddled under a blanket on the couch with my teeth chattering on the 28th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When a courier delivers something, and I have to sign my name on that little machine thing. It's like I lose the capacity to write at all, and the result is a big scrawly mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

73Cat wrote: »
    When a courier delivers something, and I have to sign my name on that little machine thing. It's like I lose the capacity to write at all, and the result is a big scrawly mess.

And then they have to ask you what your name is because it's completely indecipherable.

Courier, squinting at the scrawl: "Euphegenia, is it?"
    Me: "No, sorry, it's Maud" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

The minute anyone slightly famous dies everyone becomes their biggest fan overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

TA'd that I got my windows cleaned on Monday and lo and behold the top ones are already covered in bird sh*t from birds who must have eaten a few hot curries beforehand. I can't clean the windows because of the angle they open at and will have to look at this mess for the next few months till I get the window cleaners again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA'd that I got my windows cleaned on Monday and lo and behold the top ones are already covered in bird sh*t from birds who must have eaten a few hot curries beforehand. I can't clean the windows because of the angle they open at and will have to look at this mess for the next few months till I get the window cleaners again
    What the hell are they eating..my car door is covered in white s**** and its so big it looks like someone got sick all over it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Male friends who arrange to meet for a "catch up".

Just doesn't sound right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Restaurants that serve food in over sized soup bowls and not proper plates. (I'm told it's to make the portions look bigger.) Really pisses me off, coz you have to hold your wrists differently, than you do if you are eating off a plate. It's uncomfortable. And you can't shove some unwanted food off to the side of the plate (like the tails or skin off prawns) and have it stay there, it just falls back into the middle of the bloody bowl.

Use proper plates people. They are the way, they are for a reason !!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

73Cat wrote: »

It's even worse for a lefty (me) as the cord for the pen goes across the screen or generally gets in the way :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was behind a learner driver today, and I have no problem with them because I was one until January, but the person beside them was just awful. They kept indicating the opposite to what they were doing and stopping in the middle of roundabouts. Surely their licensed driver should have told them what to do. I was going mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

when you ask for another size in a shop and get shut down immediately being told "everything we have is already out on the floor"... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Calypso27

My lungs are wheezing like a pair of bagpipes, grrm.

No doctors appointments (anywhere it seems) until next week. Beyond TA

northgirl wrote: »
    when you ask for another size in a shop and get shut down immediately being told "everything we have is already out on the floor"... :mad:

And they get that glazed look in their eyes where you just now they are parroting it out because they are too fúcking lazy to go and check. I never believe shop assistants when they say this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA that some restaurants are wanting their tables back by a certain time to fit in another sitting.

I'm paying my hard earned money at your establishment, and you want to hurry up and move out to make more?
    F*6k you, I'm going somewhere I can take my time and enjoy the fruits of my labour!!

No other country I've been in does this... 'we're back baby!' indeed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement