Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

Fuppin' daft.ie sometimes.

People that

1) don't upload any photos at all
    2) upload photos of the house/apartment, but don't show you the room at all.

Damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fuppin' daft.ie sometimes.

People that

1) don't upload any photos at all
    2) upload photos of the house/apartment, but don't show you the room at all.

Damnit.

OR people on daft.ie who show you ten photos of the shrubbery and hedges.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Those ads for Vanish and the 'Tip Exchange'

Where they are trying to give you the impression that the 'tip' videos are filmed by actual people by simply adding a shaking effect to the camera!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

northgirl wrote: »
    Injuring oneself on inanimate objects and then cursing the object.. this morning's example - closing the door on my foot & crushing toes :(

I banged my hand the other day and I kissed it straight after. My husband said "why did you just kiss your own hand?" and without thought I said "eh to make it better?"

I put the bin just outside the back door with the intent of putting it straight into the wheelie bin but got called away for two minutes, well maybe 10 minutes. There was a chicken in it and by the time I got back, there were all these crows ripping into the bag. Loads of mess everywhere and had to carefully put the ripped bag into another bag and then into the wheelie bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Getting the train and bus to local hospital (never been to it before - new to area).
    That was fine, but on the bus back to the train station I asked the driver to let me know as I have no idea of the stops (different route back than I took out), we went past it, not that I ****ing knew anyway, and I had to walk about a mile back.
    Good news at the hospital so not all bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Inflate the tyres on your car to the recommended pressure, 25k-km later all tyres are cracked around the circumference, i go to tyre place,

They say "tsk tsk , they weren't inflated properly" (psi too low)
    Yes they were says I, look, psi on the car door.
    That means nothing they say.

I email the maker, (hit high says I) They emailed back, and said tyre dealer is RIGHT,
    car manufacturer recommended PSI is WRONG it's too low.

How the hell is that?

4th set of tyres, this is the only one that cracked, (but fuel consumption is better now)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Listening to Michael Owen commentating on a match.

Really gets on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a really horrible dream before waking up, and it's put me out for the whole day. The worst of it is it was so bizarre that it's almost laughable in the light of day, but it terrified me:(
    Realising that once more I have bought crappy clothes pegs.
    I drove into town earlier to pick up something that was to be ready for me today. What with traffic and finding a parking space, it took a half hour. When I went in to collect my stuff, it wasn't ready yet, FFS :(. Another half an hours drive home then in rush hour traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My brain.

Lying in bed and my brain decides to say..

Brain - "Hey, do you remember that time your dog got off the lead but you managed to catch him. Well, imagine if you didn't and instead he ran out towards the main road and...

Me -"STFU! Aaagggghhh la la la la la.... I can't hear you"

Seriously - why the **** does it do that???

fussyonion wrote: »
    I had a heavy night on the booze on Saturday and now I feel depressed.
    I felt a bit delicate yesterday but not too bad mentally.
    Today, however, I feel really down.

I hate feeling like this; I don't want to but I just can't snap out of it.
    I only drink on a Saturday night but I don't usually have as much as I did two days ago.
    I hope this feeling passes soon.

AKA "the fear". It's awful.

For me its especially acute after the Electric Picnic weekend. You've nothing to be afraid or down about yet you feel under siege and want to avoid all calls and human contact. A feeling of dread and foreboding.

Ugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

on the Aer Lingus website booking some flights for my brother, and on the country drop down list for selecting the phone country code and the credit card dress country, you have to scroll for ages down to the 'I' countries (because of course, they list every country in the world).

How about sticky the countries you fly from by volume at the top of the list?!?

on the Aer Lingus website booking some flights for my brother, and on the country drop down list for selecting the phone country code and the credit card dress country, you have to scroll for ages down to the 'I' countries (because of course, they list every country in the world).

How about sticky the countries you fly from by volume at the top of the list?!?

If you press the letter "I" it should bring you down to countries starting with that letter :)

(and in order to comply with the rules!)

Contacted 3 companies about doing some work. Not one of them returned my calls :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Clickbait.

People who are meanies.

Bird****e on my car.

I love Meanies (as in the crisps) I also love Banshee Bones -TA that you cant get them and more and that they :(are no longer been made

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

messrs wrote: »
    I love Meanies (as in the crisps) I also love Banshee Bones -TA that you cant get them and more and that they :(are no longer been made

Not true... Banshee Bones are still made by Perri crisps
    http://www.irishfoodmarket.com/banshee-bones-salt-vinegar-corn-snacks.php

The real TA is that Ghosties crisps are no longer made :'(

Noisy children on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Not true... Banshee Bones are still made by Perri crisps
    http://www.irishfoodmarket.com/banshee-bones-salt-vinegar-corn-snacks.php

The real TA is that Ghosties crisps are no longer made :'(

Really? I read somewhere recently that they weren't been made anymore
    Still TA'd at the fact I haven't seen them anywhere in ages, and they seem to be out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Impatience.
    It's like we're the 'F5' generation... no one can wait longer than a few seconds for things these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

This sh'ite putting full stops between each word to strengthen a point

F*CK OFF!!!!

Just from BBC now
    Just in case you'd forgotten, Manchester City play Real Madrid tonight in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final. Current score: 0-0. All. To. Play. For.

F*ck off BBC, you're supposed to be a proper news site.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

The way the foil cover on the Glenisk yogurts never peels off and the cardboard gets all wrinkled and in the end you have to cut around the edge and it's just one big fcuking mess in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The new 1 litre Tesco milk cardboard cartons, have those annoying tops that instantly spill milk when you do the first pour.. the bottles were better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

when people queue in the self checkouts with trolleys. wrecks my head as i may only have 1-3 items and these people taking up self checkouts and me having to wait longer to pay for my few items.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭valoren

Men's Pants Sizes.

Why do they come in 2 inch increments?

A 32 inch waist is a bit too snug and a 34 inch is little loose.
    33 inches is the Goldilocks pants zone for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The two little cats are now copying the big cat and can climb up and down our two storey house. I'm TA'd that they are no longer my little babies but that they are growing up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Listening to Michael Owen commentating on a match.

Really gets on my nerves

Mark Lawrenson too, he does my head in with his Captain Obvious observations.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

fussyonion wrote: »
    More recently, my partner's elderly Aunt said to him "You're putting weight on, aren't you?".
    "Well, you'll be dead of old age before I'll be dead of a heart attack."

Trivial annoyance - people who make a thoughtless comment but get upset when somebody makes a barbed reply.

Having to fill out forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

being asked why are you single..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Driving into the sun 1 hour before sunset and people driving towards me don't have their lights on 'cos its still bright and they can see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

robindch wrote: »
    "Well, you'll be dead of old age before I'll be dead of a heart attack."

Trivial annoyance - people who make a thoughtless comment but get upset when somebody makes a barbed reply.

"You are Drunk!"
    "And you are ugly, but I'll be sober in the morning"

TA at the length of time it takes to get thru to a human at three.ie. Ironic considering they are a phone company.

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    being asked why are you single..

give it time and you'll get:
    being asked why you haven't moved in yet...
    being asked why you're not engaged yet...
    being asked why you're not married yet...
    being asked why you've no house of your own yet...
    being asked why you've no kids yet...

:P

TA - Where do all my blue pens keep going??
    I used to have lots here around my desk and back home, but they've all seemed to disappear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement