Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Morning traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Argumentative people :mad:

The two bints walking slowly in front of me this morning causing me to miss the luas and then having to wait six minutes for the next (which is another TA, its never 6 minutes - it goes from 6 to 4 minutes in 6 minutes and then its "due " for 3 minutes, fairytale fúcking RTI). Get out of my way you fúcktards.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Argumentative people :mad:

I disagree.

Bumping into my neighbour's grown up progeny when I am out for a walk and the awkwardness of the conversation as an elephant called "your god bothering mother left anti-equality propaganda in my house before the marriage equality referendum, urging me to do the right thing in spite of (or perhaps because of) the fact that she knew I was in a same sex relationship, and me leaving the stuff back through her letterbox telling her to get stuffed" bouncing around.

"Isn't it a beautiful evening? Grand stretch now. yadda yadda"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ta'd that I cant argue back with OldnotWise on this thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TA'd that I'm sick for the first time in twenty years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Mine is that I've been waking up to two hours early every morning since Daylight Savings Time. I'm wrecked and my dark circles are getting so bad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that when I actually want to work from home my connection never works but tonight when I logged on with fingers crossed for it not to work so I'd have an excuse to go to bed at 7 there is no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

TA'd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA'd that I need to have a good old rant about a guy, but that I don't really seem to have anyone suitable to rant to at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The thoughts of putting my bare hands on a manky toilet door handle that countless others have touched. Am I the only one who always uses a tissue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

TA: Bumped to an absolute hunk of a guy whilst getting lunch in KFC today. Got talking to him after complimenting him on his awesome tattoos but rather than flirt up a storm, I shyly shuffled to the nearest table with my food and sat blushing, leaving him to his snack box in peace. He glanced at me a few times and smiled but neither of us were willing to tell each other our names, let alone exchange contact info. Aside from the fact that I was dressed in my comfiest laundry-day attire and sans make-up, I completely choked at the idea of attempting to flirt.
    And so, Gorgeous Tattooed Hunk gave me a friendly nod and left the restauraunt without my name or number. Kicking myself. He looked a bit like Jay from Tattoo Fixers but hunkier. Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My TA is that I have had a monster chocolate craving all evening so I decided to make chocolate brownies. Celebration Chocolate Brownies from the Green and Blacks chocolate cookbook - a double batch. We had a leftover box of celebrations hidden in the spare room. Shush!

All is pretty much done and all I have to do is unwrap the celebrations and of course sample a few. Couldn't leave the quality of chocolate to chance and next thing BANG my chocolate craving gone!!

Looks like the freezer will be having the whole double batch of brownies. Either that or it'll be brownies for breakfast. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My ten year battery life smoke alarm started "chirping" at 5am after being on the wall for 3 months...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My 'Trivial Incidental Thing That Annoyed me' is that I accidentally clicked on 'Mark all Forums as read', and that I don't think there's a way to reverse it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

My TA, sit in a nice quiet corner for breakfast in McDonald's to have ruined by some idiot having a conversation on the phone with loudspeaker on. Grrrrrrrrrrr

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The weather in Ireland.

Upcoming May bank holiday weekend - weather will be ****.
    Summer - weather will be **** - maybe a few sunny midweek days, but mostly rain, and ****.
    Winter - even our winters are ****! - just slightly colder versions of summer. feck all snow, just colder rain.

My OH is of the foreign variety, coming from a place where winter is winter, (-10/-20) and summer is summer (+20/+30), and thats it, you make plans for the summer and theres a 97% chance the weather will be fantastic. She hates the weather here.
    In Ireland you can make all the plans you want, and theres about a 0.0034% chance it just might not be raining that day! Look for sun that same day and the odds narrow even further.

The best predictions/plans we can make is that its sometimes nice in April & September, and thats it.
    When the good weather finally does show up, you have far too little notice to actually plan meaningful use of said weather unless you own a boat/camper/holiday home.

I was driving yesterday and the weather report said highs of 9 degrees in Dublin, I looked and the car outside temp said 10 degrees (I was giddy with the fact we were in double figures at the end of April). How pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

When your discussing with someone and then you say ''ill give you my email for further info''
    They then respond real hurriedly ''givus givus your email?''
    No acknowledgment and dismissing you were the one that offered. Like it was their idea in the first place.

Waiting for a tax refund on tuition fees. It's been "assigned" for the past two weeks. Does "assigned" mean sitting on someone's desk? And when you call, their opening hours are 09:20 - 16:00 - I want to work in Revenue!

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    The thoughts of putting my bare hands on a manky toilet door handle that countless others have touched. Am I the only one who always uses a tissue?

I do this, and then a TA that follows is what to do with the tissue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Robsweezie wrote: »

And petrol pumps :(

northgirl wrote: »
    And petrol pumps :(

Everything really. I keep sanitizing gel in my car, handbag, desk and coat pocket. There are far too many people in the world with filthy habits to take a risk on health and hygiene.

Edit: and it TA's me that I have to do this because other people were dragged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I slept in a sleeping bag in my bed last night because I had put away the winter duvet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I do this, and then a TA that follows is what to do with the tissue?

also do this & I have a tiny bin under my desk so I dipose of it there
    TA'd that so many people don't wash their hands when finished in the toilets forcing me to do this
    in work id be in the cubicle (im female) and hear some flush, and leave straight away - so f**king gross

messrs wrote: »
    also do this & I have a tiny bin under my desk so I dipose of it there
    TA'd that so many people don't wash their hands when finished in the toilets forcing me to do this
    in work id be in the cubicle (im female) and hear some flush, and leave straight away - so f**king gross

But then you have a bin of germs beside your desk.

The not washing hands thing drives me more than TA. There are Montessori students who have better manners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Shouty people in restaurants. Do you not know what an indoor voice is?! I went for a lovely meal with my OH recently and I could hear every word a man sitting on the other side of the room was saying - and I have hearing problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

The not washing hands thing is definitely more than trivially annoying for me. Yesterday in college I was washing my hands in the bathroom and heard someone quite gruesomely and quite aggressively leaving most of his colon behind in one of the stalls before walking out without flushing or washing his hands. Animals are cleaner

I just drove into college to hand an assignment up which has to be in physical form -- the lecturer wasn't in, so it was a wasted trip and would have been easier if he had just taken submissions by email

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My wifes indecisiveness when ordering food in a restaurant.

ME : Have you decided what you want to eat?
    HER : Yeah I definitely know what I'm getting.
    WAITER/WAITRESS: What would you like?
    HER : (her accent goes more Cork)Sorrryyyy now, but I can't decide between the fish cakes or the chicken dish! What do you think? Ah I'm terrible I knoooowwwwww.

Every. F*cking. Time.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

The weird ways that laces are set up when you buy a new pair of shoes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement