Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The word "bliss"

"I had a lovely sleep. It was bliss".
    "Pure bliss".

Ugh. It makes me want to vomit. Although not as much as the words "loverly" "hollybops" "scoops" "bevvies" and "niblings"!

Sweet divine Jaysus.

Hollybops... I just want to commit grevious bodily harm to anyone who uses it.

I also heard someone talking about "satfats" the other day. Just take the extra .00005 of a second to say saturated, your time is not that valuable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a heavy night on the booze on Saturday and now I feel depressed.
    I felt a bit delicate yesterday but not too bad mentally.
    Today, however, I feel really down.

I hate feeling like this; I don't want to but I just can't snap out of it.
    I only drink on a Saturday night but I don't usually have as much as I did two days ago.
    I hope this feeling passes soon.

On another note, I'm sick of getting bruises in the gym.
    I have a really painful bruise right above my knee and it's so tender.
    When one bruise fades, I get another and I don't actually know what's causing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The new boards layout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

I went to a show last night and someone brought a baby. I love babies but this one cried and cried and do you think the mother or father would bring the baby out, no. Trivially annoyed that the show was ruined and my money was wasted:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Last week, I needed to machine wash a white cardigan but I didn't have enough light coloured things to make up a load. So I gathered up a load of clothes that were clean and put away but but hadn't been worn for a while, and took a duvet cover off the bed in the spare room, it was clean but could do with freshening up.

And after all that when the wash was finished I discovered I had forgotten to put in the poxy white cardigan that I really really needed to wash in the first place.
    Major TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

When people can't take compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When I forget I have a mouse with a scroll wheel and I move the pointer across the screen to the scrollbar

People who are always late. Just be where you say you'll be when you say you'll be there. It's not that hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

I was given a Terry's chocolate orange easter egg at the weekend and my OH ate not just most of it but the oval part I saved from last night. Its the best part - has the thickest chocolate- :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

nicki11 wrote: »
    I was given a Terry's chocolate orange easter egg at the weekend and my OH ate not just most of it but the oval part I saved from last night. Its the best part - has the thickest chocolate- :(
    Grounds for divorce imo or at least a temporary split:mad: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

People / nutrition shows on TV that are shocked at "hidden sugars" in fruit juice. The sugar content is clearly labelled on the front of each carton, it's not hidden! !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dubgurl

When people say "bless", feck I hate that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I took a patch of skin off the roof of my mouth earlier eating a too hot roast potato, it's so bloody sore :(
    Also, I took forever lighting a candle earlier , between the wick not catching light and matches going out on me. I finally got it lit, then promptly blew it out with my nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'm getting blisters on just one foot. Not sure how to handle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I resisted the siren call of curry chips earlier and had a bowl of Cheerios instead.

Within an hour I had ordered curry chips and chicken cheese rolls and a bottle of Coke.

TA at my will-power (what will-power?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Chop it off I say.

failinis wrote: »

Chop it off I say.
    Can I just try shaving it a bit first?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'd be hopping mad if that was me

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I'd be hopping mad if that was me
    I guess I haven't a leg to stand on.

TA'd that apparently despite having 12 clearly marked points on the dial ranging from red to blue my shower only has two temperatures: scald the skin off you and freeze the bejaysus out of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that the long weekend didn't seem that long at all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When I'm cutting a bread roll in half and one side ends up being a little too thin. I end up with a top-heavy roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEEloYNTT4 - is it that?

My annoyance:
    Has anyone else noticed that when people tag friends in posts on Facebook, lately, they add additional letters to the end of their friends' names? Made up examples: Jemima Tittyhammerer and Dobby Delaneyey. It really annoys me!

Sadly no...way to rousing for the piece I mean.Has a real quite passage in the middle and this guy at the royal albert hall wouldn't stop coughing
    Thanks anyway
    Steve F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭valoren

There was a Hillsborough docudrama on the other night.
    I was in the mood to reflect on the tragedy and was TA'd that it wasn't a Documentary instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    When I'm cutting a bread roll in half and one side ends up being a little too thin. I end up with a top-heavy roll.

When I cut bread rolls, I only want to slice open a 'slit', if you will, to allow the bread to hinge back and thus stuff all the filling in there and close the hinge back.

TA whenever I over zealously cut the roll, so the top and bottom half are now separate pieces!!! :eek: It's just a squidgefest trying to hold the filling in, especially if it's dollops of coldslaw or tikka etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I keep thinking I can hear my phone ringing in another room. My phone is in my blimmin' hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you drop something and it rolls under the bed out of reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Injuring oneself on inanimate objects and then cursing the object.. this morning's example - closing the door on my foot & crushing toes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Steve F wrote: »
    Sadly no...way to rousing for the piece I mean.Has a real quite passage in the middle and this guy at the royal albert hall wouldn't stop coughing
    Thanks anyway
    Steve F

Found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcflwUYYoXk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Pass-remarkable people.
    Honest to God, why do some people think they have the right to just say whatever they like, regardless of how the other person feels?

I'm reminded of a particular occasion, last year, when my partner and I were in Kilkenny for my birthday.
    We had been out all day sightseeing and we were both wearing casual attire.

At around 6pm, we popped into a pub for a drink and something to eat (I'm not one of those girls who wants to be wined and dined in a fancy restaurant for her birthday.. I'm happy having a bit of pub grub or a curry or something! It's what I prefer.)

Anyway, we're in the pub and we're ordering our food and the waitress gets chatting to us.
    My partner mentions it's my birthday and she says "Oh, why didn't you dress up for the occasion? It's your birthday!".

I was gobsmacked and bit my tongue but looking back now I should have said "Sorry, what business is it of yours whether I dress up for dinner?".
    I was really annoyed and she made me feel self-conscious about myself.

More recently, my partner's elderly Aunt said to him "You're putting weight on, aren't you?".
    He laughed it off but I was fuming.
    How dare she say something so insensitive?

I would be so hurt if someone said that to me and it made me feel that there are people out there who don't care how their words affect someone else and it's wrong.

I wouldn't dream of telling someone they'd put on weight or suggesting their outfit isn't in keeping with celebrating a birthday.
    I wish people would just keep their mouth shut if they've nothing nice to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement