Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA that some restaurants are wanting their tables back by a certain time to fit in another sitting.

I'm paying my hard earning money at your establishment, and you want to hurry my up and out to make more?
    F*6k you, I'm going somewhere I can take my time and enjoy the fruits of my labour!!

No other country I've been in does this... 'we're back baby!' indeed...

Yes this so much, its as if they are doing you a favour by allowing you to spend money there. I also hate being asked if I want to be put on a cancellation list, for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

There was a lovely piece of calming relaxing classical music which I heard a couple of times and loved it but stupidly forgot the title.
    I remember it was on youtube from the albert hall and people were giving out about some fella kept coughing all the way thru it
    TA'd that I can't remember the title now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Being unprepared for poor weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Steve F wrote: »
    There was a lovely piece of calming relaxing classical music which I heard a couple of times and loved it but stupidly forgot the title.
    I remember it was on youtube from the albert hall and people were giving out about some fella kept coughing all the way thru it
    TA'd that I can't remember the title now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEEloYNTT4 - is it that?

My annoyance:
    Has anyone else noticed that when people tag friends in posts on Facebook, lately, they add additional letters to the end of their friends' names? Made up examples: Jemima Tittyhammerer and Dobby Delaneyey. It really annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Certain shoes or runners that tend to pong a lot more than others...

• Advertisement

Being insane in the membrane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA - When you buy a pre-packed sandwich that looks nice and you like the main ingredients (e.g Turkey / Ham), but there's a sneaky ingredient which you despise that's in there too but not clearly listed... like radish or worse still..... mustard!!!

bleagh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

angry co-workers that indicate they're angry by pummelling the life out of the keyboard... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Holding a door for someone and them not even acknowledging it. Not even a look!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Being insane in the membrane

When people put songs in my head. :p Insane in the brain..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-The next person that posts gets a 24 hour thread ban. The post better be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When your fart is unexpectedly wet.

(I'm offline til Tuesday anyway - take it for the team) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A major trivial annoyance, getting a set of toilet roll where there is no edge to pull at, its all sealed. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Gobs!!ts that rear end another car (hard) in crawling traffic, How did they pick up that much speed to hit a car that hard, on phone maybe? as if the traffic wasn't heavy enough today.

This morning on M7 to N7 two trucks one driving at 75kmh and the other overtaking at 75.0005kmh going from the 2 lanes (m7)to the 3 lanes (n7) the truck to the left didn't move over for the other guy, it stayed in the middle lane forcing the other truck to stay in the 3rd lane, while driving lane was free, grrrr, it seriously was a TITTA'd me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd that TITs (Trivial Incidental Things) are classed as annoying things per thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd that TITs (Trivial Incidental Things) are classed as annoying things per thread title.

It's all about the acronym :) TITTAYs ftw!!!

(By the way, as someone that has a pair, they can definitely be annoying at times.)

I'm annoyed that plastic storage boxes are so expensive. It's easily 15-20 euro for a decent sized one.

For that price I can buy any number of things that are way more complicated to produce - like a phone that bounces a signal through the air to a phone tower where it gets bounced to a satellite and back down to a friend on the other side of the world. And does more than a 1000 euro computer was capable of not very many years ago, while still fitting into your pocket.

But sure, a lump of plastic THAT DOES NOTHING is worth more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I just had to buy a birthday card and am still TA'd about how crap they all were. Cheap quality - check! Cringey poem inside - check! Badly designed, probably using MS Paint - check! Took me ages to look through them and it really wasn't a matter of finding a nice one but rather finding one that I wouldn't be too embarrassed to give someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA - When you buy a pre-packed sandwich that looks nice and you like the main ingredients (e.g Turkey / Ham), but there's a sneaky ingredient which you despise that's in there too but not clearly listed... like radish or worse still..... mustard!!!

bleagh!!

Onion!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA: Nicholas Cage

Need I say any more...? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Oh, and TA that so few commercial properties have street numbers on them - really unhelpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You know when I rise to power I'm going to build a special prison for ye Nicolas Cage fans on an old oil rig where you will be forced to wear magnetic boots. But somehow I think ye may enjoy that.

Nic you have your own special thread over here.
    Come bask in the worship of your followers. I suspect this might be the beginnings of a cult.

Now for a TA. Emmmmmmmmmm.

TA'd that I don't have one right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Loads of annoying pop ups on my mac making reading boards difficult!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that a certain mod of a certain thread is on a power-trip, renaming the same thread what must be, like, 57 times by now, and making me wonder when and why the hell did I ever subscribe to something now called 'The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Thread' and that, in the not-to-distant future, will likely be called 'The Thread Formerly Known as The Nicolas Cage Appreciation Thread'.

I'm TA'd that this thread will soon be called The Thread that annoys New Home.

Getting a bit fed up of the usual Friday evening chat with work colleagues .... any plans for weekend.

Will be the exact same on Monday/Tuesday this week.

They don't care about response as they clearly have forgotten.

TA'd that New Home finds a thread title trivially annoying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

We want TITTAY.

Bring back TITTAY.

I like Con Air, but I don't want to be part of a appreciation thread for the actor. Very underhand indeed.

Thanks to whichever mod renamed thread!!

Now New Home will be TA'd with more, probably even more than trivially too :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Without a doubt, the worst (WORST), 'actor' it's ever been my displeasure to watch on film. Worse than keanu reeves.
    The first time I saw him, I thought this f*cmer has to be juiced in somewhere and later I heard he was the godson of some famous director.
    Wouldn't get a gig on fair city if he was Irish.

Slightly better moderator though. :pac:

Edit: ah ffs. Damn title changing sons of b*tches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement