Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's lunch time, but I'm not hungry enough to eat yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And it has to be the table right in front of you. Cos something terrible might happen to them if they took a table a bit further away. :p

I travel a bit for work, and one place I stay, I'm often first in for breakfast in the morning, so two rows of empty tables. I pick my table, get my breakfast, sit down.
    Guaranteed the next person / people to arrive will squeeze in at the next table, ignoring all the empty tables around. Bit like when you park your car and someone has to squish in beside you, when there are loads of spaces around.
    I wonder what would happen if these people who HAVE to do that arrived into an empty dining room. Or car park. Decisions, decisions...

They'd circle the restaurant/car park until someone else arrives and then park/sit beside them...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Anything that is top-heavy. Like empty baby's bottles, empty kitchen spray bottles. Basically anything that requires more work than it should to make it not fall over.

When you don't have breakfast and then you get a break at 11:30am and you're starving. Do you eat a huge breakfast (and then not be hungry at lunch time) or tease yourself with a small breakfast so you're kind of hungry at lunch time? Or stay starving - not possible!

Anything that is top-heavy. Like empty baby's bottles, empty kitchen spray bottles. Basically anything that requires more work than it should to make it not fall over.

A half eaten yoghurt pot with a heavy spoon in it, that keeps tipping over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    A half eaten yoghurt pot with a heavy spoon in it, that keeps tipping over.

Yes!! F*ck me yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got some reflexology done on my feet last night. The area concentrated on was my digestive system, I thought it was all horsesh*t and I'll just get a foot rub.
    I took the longest slash of my life this morning, had a morning poop which I never ever ever do....and now I have to hit the can again for another #2.

I also found reflexology to be really helpful. The lady who used to do my sessions was able to tickle my tummy by pressing on a certain part of my foot :)

Also, TA by the fact that I have no cash until Thursday. Literally no cash until then. My finances are a scary thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

smash wrote: »
    It's lunch time, but I'm not hungry enough to eat yet.

TA'd that Im starving and its not lunch time yet:mad:

TA - Constant reminders about Boom Bap's 6lb brown trout that he birthed a year ago. BB please stop reminding us about your bowel movements! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Hailstones. Some form of wannabe snow but really just hard little pellets of rain that basically attack you suddenly out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trivially annoyed I have to go to the dentist today and get a filling done, I don't mind the filling bit but I bloody hate the injection.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Trivially annoyed I have to go to the dentist today and get a filling done, I don't mind the filling bit but I bloody hate the injection.

Especially that one that has to go right into the bone on the inside of the roof of your mouth :eek: (and the seeping of the overspill of anaesthetic down your throat as the dentist tells you not to swallow)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rhabarbarum

Constantly trivially annoyed at the squeaky chair in the office. Honestly, can you not? I've oiled you already, why in the world would you still release your annoying as fk high-pitched screams whenever I decide to move?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Love hearts on my toilet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People facing a murder charge, showing up in court on what appears to be
    A newly acquired walking stick. Just saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I got some reflexology done on my feet last night. The area concentrated on was my digestive system, I thought it was all horsesh*t and I'll just get a foot rub.
    I took the longest slash of my life this morning, had a morning poop which I never ever ever do....and now I have to hit the can again for another #2.

There is no trivial annoyance here. Please don't post in the thread again.

The King is dead,long live the king.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Just as I sat back at my desk, I needed to get up and go for a pee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ken wrote: »
    There is no trivial annoyance here. Please don't post in the thread again.

The King is dead,long live the king.:D

Well well well 'King' ken, it annoys me trivially that you do not see my trivial annoyances in my last post possibly because I specifically haven't announced them as a trivial annoyance.
    Going for a poop more than 1 time is a TA for me :pac:

Another annoyance of a trivial nature is that there is no annoyance in your post.

Check Mate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's almost May - I'm looking out at hailstones falling and it's feckin freezing

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Being excited for something but when it comes around, I couldn't be bothered with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People facing a murder charge, showing up in court on what appears to be
    A newly acquired walking stick. Just saying....

He got a new hip, the previous one got worn out after digging that big hole for Amy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

TA'd at TV3's 5 minute ad breaks during the Champions League. Even more TA's that I didn't press pause when cooking dinner so I could fast forward them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People on public transport sending texts with the key sounds turned on on their mobiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

The way the handles of plastic bags fold up and dig down into your fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I had a pretty shit day today. Had a gastroscopy (camera shoved down my throat) that I was told would last for 3 minutes, 4 at the "very most", and ended up lasting 18 minutes! Then got told I've got to take tablets for the rest of my life.

And even with all of that, my TA was this absolute fuckmonkey talking at the top of his voice in the waiting room. I live in a very 'nice' area, and was in the local hospital. I heard this twat say "And did you hear that Waitrose has closed down? Do you know why? It's because there's two 'pound shops' on the high street, it's attracting the lower classes," then listed a few nearby 'working class' areas that had buses 'shipping in' these people.

It took all of my strength not to smack him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    People on public transport sending texts with the key sounds turned on on their mobiles!

Totally agree, on a recent Citylink journey from Cork to Galway this person had her phone on message vibrate, the only problem being that this one single vibration was rather loud and was going off every five minutes so kinda similar to say a smoke alarm with its battery running low. Was trying to get some sleep and it was next to impossible. :(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Road to school is closed tomorrow so I will have to get up extra early to get there on time. Super annoying because I am not a morning person!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The woman being served in front of you at the shop.

She has her few messages, pays for them. Transaction done.
    Then she orders a lotto ticket & a euromillions ticket. Without quick pick, then with quick pick.
    Pays for them.
    Transaction done.

Then she orders 3 scratch cards & 20 John Player Blue.

Every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

KatW4 wrote: »
    Road to school is closed tomorrow so I will have to get up extra early to get there on time. Super annoying because I am not a morning person!

Indeed, I had to be up an hour earlier than usual this morning and it doesn't go well with me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Companies that give out mobile numbers on their websites etc and then when you ring them, they answer "hello?" forcing you to ask "is this such and such company".. then they say yes.

It's a pain in the arse and unprofessional to boot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement