Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread closed temporarily to trivially annoy you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread Re-Opened after review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Trivially annoyed at your over estimation of how much we actually missed the thread.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Thread Re-Opened after review.

Your post doesn't have a TA, in breach of thread rules.

*that TA's me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Maybe this only happens in Donegal/The North, but bedsheets/posters/displays on large outdoor TV screens proclaiming "Lordy lordy, Mary's forty". Or worse, "Nifty shifty, Teresa's fifty." Who says "nifty shifty"? What the hell does "nifty shifty" even mean? It's a nonsense phrase that only serves to rhyme with Fifty and just sounds stupid.

Go on, go around town and say "nifty shifty" to random people and see how long it takes the guards/PSNI to catch up with you.

• Advertisement

I saw (and was TA'd by :rolleyes:) a carpet shop the other day that has "GET LAID" in huge writing on it's front. Like seriously....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I saw (and was TA'd by :rolleyes:) a carpet shop the other day that has "GET LAID" in huge writing on it's front. Like seriously....
    Did you go in?

smash wrote: »
    Did you go in?

TA'd that I cannot answer this the way I want.

Pre and post weekend chit chat annoys me.

"Are you doing anything for the weekend?".

Three days later....

"Did you do anything for the weekend?"

Fúck off you inquisitive small talkery bástard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People talking about other people as if you know them.

"We were over in Brian and shiela's for at the weekend"

Who the fug are they? Actually scrap that, I don't care who they are.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Did you hear John died?
    Who?
    John... you know... john?
    No!

Did you go in?
    Did you hear John died?
    Who?
    John... you know... john?
    No!

Rulez in post #1 :mad:

Rules trivially annoy me!

/drops mic... walks off stage!

:pac:

I was out for a few drinks last night. A not half bad looking man starts chatting me up. I point out his ring and his response? "Maybe I'm just looking for a bit of fun". Asshole.

Like what the actual fück is it with taken men being interested in me!!!!!!
    Leave me alone!

People showing their ring to me! Especially in public.

It's a TA.

Another TA.

Yesterday evening, filling out the census form. Mrs E kept sing that John Denver song...."you fill up my senses"

It was funny the first two times.......

In the jacks earlier washing my hands. My boss's boss's boss comes in and starts taking a leak at the urinal and starts to chat.
    I'm finished and wanting to leave, but he still wants to chat and is having the longest wee recorded in history.
    It's not the biggest of toilets either. It felt like hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Wet cutlery.

Spilling weetabix crumbs all over the counter top while breaking them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I got a fight. A physical fight:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Folks, as has been pointed out, this isn't Facebook. Post your trivial annoyance and discuss them but this isn't a chat thread. Please keep that in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

You're on your own in town shopping or whatever and decide to find a nice cafe to sit and have a cup of tea.

When you enter theres plenty of tables available so you proceed to the counter to order (cos theres no table service). There's only one or two people ahead of you in the queue but for whatever reason (they're making a ludicrously elaborate order/ they can't find their change purse/ they're just plain f**king slow) its taking them half the day to order.

Meanwhile, you notice the queue is getting longer behind you but, not only that, the friends of the other people in the queue are starting to sit down and occupy the remaining tables (something you couldn't do cos you're on your own). The number of available tables is dwindling and it's a race against time to get in your order and sit down (or worse, it's a cafe where you have to wait at the counter to collect your coffee).

Eventually you do place your order and collect your coffee but by then theres nowhere left to sit. :mad:

Annoying, huh? Happened to me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In the jacks earlier washing my hands. My boss's boss's boss comes in and starts taking a leak at the urinal and starts to chat.
    I'm finished and wanting to leave, but he still wants to chat and is having the longest wee recorded in history.

Clearly he was taking the right p*ss ;)

Absolutely knackered on the drive home.. nip to bed for 40 winks... wide awake!?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People in the shops who buy 4 euros worth of items with a credit card,
    People who complain about getting abuse or insulted on twitter or
    facebook.
    Use the privacy settings to only allow real friends or family to see your account.
    Stupid people who put birthday info on facebook .
    did you have to make it so easy for hackers to scam you or get acess to your bank info.
    IF your job does not require it, eg writer, journalist get off social media
    and twitter .
    if you get harrassed .
    Websites like fb and twitter have millions of users so of course theres bound to be x amount of trolls ,weirdos using those services .
    Anyone who talks in a public toilet,.
    we go there for one reason.
    its not a social centre .
    Talk to no one unless you are spoken to .

People who just buy anything that apple makes ,even if its awful.
    i have a phone, and a laptop.
    i can think of no reason to buy a 500 Euro watch,
    my smartphone has 1000,s of apps,
    why would i buy a watch that needs charging
    and has a tiny screen.
    when i have a 5inch phone with 2gig ram and 32gig storage on it.
    Most people stopped wearing watches when smartphones came in,
    watches are mainly now for decoration ,
    or status , for rich people to show off.
    And you need a iphone to use an apple watch properly.
    its like carrying a 12inch apple laptop and then buying a tiny laptop to carry around at the same time ,
    just because it has a apple logo on it .

This reminds me of a similar TA. When someone engages me in conversation and I am not doing something at the time like making a cup of coffee or something, and all I can think is, "what the hell am I meant to do with my hands?!"

People who stop, looking for verification in between every sentence to make sure you are listening.

"I walked into the shop"
    (silence)
    "Right?"
    " er...ok"
    "And then I went up to the counter"
    (silence)
    "Can you hear me?"
    "Yes"
    "OK so I walked up to the counter and asked the guy a question"
    (silence)
    "Are you listening to me?"
    NOT FOR LONG YOU FÚCKING IDIOT FINISH THE FÚCKING STORY BEFORE WE BOTH DIE! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:mad:

I got some reflexology done on my feet last night. The area concentrated on was my digestive system, I thought it was all horsesh*t and I'll just get a foot rub.
    I took the longest slash of my life this morning, had a morning poop which I never ever ever do....and now I have to hit the can again for another #2.

When you are sitting on the luas in the "family area" on the outside seat and the only place to look is out the window or else you'd be looking at the person in front of you so you kind of "look past" the person on the inside to see out the window and they start looking at you funny because they think you are looking at them. Idiots.

When you are in a café on your own and there are loads of free tables so you take one that doesn't have anyone facing you so you're not eating/drinking in front of someone and then some numpty sits at the table in front of you, and facing you. urgh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Yes, I know someone who does that. Strangely enough, while she expects you to know every character in her drama-laden life :rolleyes:, she has little or no interest in anyone else's life/ friends etc.

And just to add to the TA, people who refer to someone who happens to be in the news, usually a tragic story, as though they know them personally.
    'Poor Johnny and Kate, what will they do now?' 'Who?'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When you are in a café on your own and there are loads of free tables so you take one that doesn't have anyone facing you so you're not eating/drinking in front of someone and then some numpty sits at the table in front of you, and facing you. urgh.....

And it has to be the table right in front of you. Cos something terrible might happen to them if they took a table a bit further away. :p

I travel a bit for work, and one place I stay, I'm often first in for breakfast in the morning, so two rows of empty tables. I pick my table, get my breakfast, sit down.
    Guaranteed the next person / people to arrive will squeeze in at the next table, ignoring all the empty tables around. Bit like when you park your car and someone has to squish in beside you, when there are loads of spaces around.
    I wonder what would happen if these people who HAVE to do that arrived into an empty dining room. Or car park. Decisions, decisions...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement