Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Would love a few pints! SAB's?

TA'd that I've no beer. Though there is a bottle of Paddy...

Yes, loads of SAB's! You'll be more than TA'd in the morn if you go to town on the Paddy ;)

Also TA'd that I forgot to the double I had for Dundalk tonight, they both won ffs! Not great prices tbh but prob would have paid 5/2 or 11/4ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

TA that I don't know what a SAB is.

Probably not South African Breweries.

TA that Google doesn't answer everything after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TA'd that there was a "porridge bowl" in my kitchen tonight. Yup, not put in water, nor rinsed. OMG concrete city.

The perpetrator is not here either, so that is a double TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm soo tired but TA'd that an apple pie I put in the oven is taking too long..... Hurry up so I can go to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm TA'd that I'm away for the weekend and it seems like the vomiting bug I had last week has come back. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

My TA is that kildare village only list what they have by Brand and don't give a list of shops, it's bloody meaningless..... So frickin annoyed..... By something so trivial....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

TA'd that I can't get to the exact right temperature right now. Open a window and I'm too cold. Put on the heating and I'm too hot. Open the window and put on more clothes, and I'm too hot and then too cold.

Similarly, TA'd that my shower is doing that thing where you need some sort of laser tuning device to stop it from turning from burning hot to freezing for no apparent reason. Has been happening for the last few weeks and I usually forget it after each morning.

TA'd that I remembered about the shower thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Couldn't move all day and full of beans now. TA.

My main trivial annoyance at the minute is with myself. I would be here all night if I was to go through all the crap right now.
    But yeah annoyed with me for never learning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Jokey, passive aggressive, mildly threatening adverts on the radio reminding you to pay your tv license, toll etc. They're doing it with the census now. " please answer the door and fill out your census form or we'll fuucking kill you, you will NOT **** this up for us!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

My TA is about my uncle's situation. He had a stroke a couple of years ago, and doesn't use his left arm. He is great. He is almost 80. He would have you in convulsions laughing. He goes to the pub and has a 7 Up. However, there is a local person who doesn't leave him alone. Constantly baiting him and annoying him. I would love to attack him (he would feckin' kill me). Its not fair though. This fecker annoys everyone. But to bother a man that is nearly 80 is fecked. I still want to attack him...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I was perfectly healthy all week and was well able to work 13 hours a day, and woke up on Saturday dosed with a cold. Typical! Very trivially annoyed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA'd at 'microfibre' 'teatowels' that don't absorb water.
    TA'd that BoomBap can't spell trivial
    TA'd the other threads were closed

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Trivially annoyed that I have to go someplace today. The only place I want to be is in my PJ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its a Friday, which means that Facebook is full of people telling you its a Friday, usually accompanied by a (what they consider to be) witty picture or cartoon.

Also, we will have a day of radio DJs telling us the weekend has officially begun. Like it isn't allowed to happen until they say so.

.... and now on Sunday we have all the same people posting "oh no, I can't believe tomorrows Monday" stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

It annoys me when you are stuck behind a car at a red light and the driver in front is distracted by either talking to the person beside him/her in passenger seat or on the phone thus taking him/her an age to notice the green light!! this goes on at each traffic light!! you dont need to look at the person when talking to them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I have a cold. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA that Mr Sam took upon himself to fill out my details on the census form without asking / discussing with me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd when joining a motorway (especially when driving my mam's 1.0L Yaris), the car in front is on the on ramp and is ambling along at about at 60 km/h and doesn't seem too interested in accelerating up to motorway speed!!

Dammit man I need that downward slope to pick up speed!!!

Also;

TA'd that I only found this thread today!!! I had so many TA's the last 3 days that I've forgotten!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

TA'd when joining a motorway (especially when driving my mam's 1.0L Yaris), the car in front is on the on ramp and is ambling along at about at 60 km/h and doesn't seem too interested in accelerating up to motorway speed!!

Dammit man I need that downward slope to pick up speed!!!

Also;

TA'd that I only found this thread today!!! I had so many TA's the last 3 days that I've forgotten!!

Or when you are trying to Join the motorway and a load of pricks are driving at a snails pace on the outside lane while centre lane is empty making it difficult to get on the fecking thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

trivially annoying how it cost me thousands to go to college this year between fees and having my own car which I wouldn't need otherwise.. and then someone who got a big grant and fees paid because he's from far away was complaining to me that he had to pay 45 euro to get a thesis printed and bound and that I was allowed to print mine at home

trivially annoying how the other day when I was going into the carpark in college some guy with his window down said "stay in ur lines" when he was the one who had his tyres actually on top of the centre line AND he had just rolled through a stop sign without actually stopping. I couldn't believe how annoying his voice was to me. it reminded me of that cyclist from dublin that makes the videos.

Trivially annoying when someone tries to overtake you on a roundabout but they actually go through much slower than you and then they think you're racing or something.

Trivially annoying when someone takes forever to move over to the overtaking lane to let you merge onto the dual carriageway and then they just stay out in that lane for the next 10 minutes, like changing lanes costs money or something.

trivially annoying when someone enters the roundabout while you're going around, and then they take the same exit as you and they don't let you move into the left lane, and again act like you're in a race or something

trivially annoying when someone is indicating to go around the roundabout so you come to a stop.. and they then take the exit before you.

Trivially annoying when you're getting a lift from someone and they do all of the above.. and more.. and you don't want to say a word to them

Trivially annoying when you try your absolute best to overtake a cyclist at the safest place and they don't appreciate it. there was a guy the other day and I stayed behind him for a good couple of KMs, over speed bumps, around a corner, waited for the straight, rev matched down from 5th 4th 3rd.. indicated, pulled out giving loads of space and overtook in the shortest amount of time possible.. I could still see the guy shaking his head slightly at me in the rear view.

Thank god the trivially annoying thread is back, I couldn't cope without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd at long posts, especially when on phone. Even more so if someone decides to quote the whole bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I am completely stuffed up, but it's all in my sinuses so I don't look or sound particularly sick so no one is giving me sympathy... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that the silence from Electric Picnic festival is deafening, c'mon dudes give us the second wave of announcements.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Calypso27

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that I am completely stuffed up, but it's all in my sinuses so I don't look or sound particularly sick so no one is giving me sympathy... :(

This is my TA too, my sinuses are killing me! Come into my bosom there for some comfort.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah the p0xy census form, I forgot about it. I'm going to fill it in now with a novelty jumbo sized pen from Dubrovnik.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

pot holes pot holes everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

On my way to meet a friend and I've forgotten my glasses/ contacts...

My ankles are so swollen that I barely got my boots to zip up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Yay! I missed this thread! And so, I shall bemoan once more! :D

TA #1: Got the 41c home from the village today and the bloody bus driver kept packing people on like sardines despite it being standing room only on account of the slew of Dublin supporters heading into Croker for t'match. Could hardly breathe from the stench of Lynx off the eejit who kept his arm up to grip the rail. A pox on the people pushing and shoving me from behind- they kept edging me closer and closer to his armpit until I had a bit of a panic attack and jumped off the bus a stop early. I HATE PACKED BUSES.

TA #2: My faithful tea pot is no more, meaning I can't brew up a pot of green tea to sip whilst I attempt to tackle my long-put off writing attempts. Got the news when I came home that the lid went AWOL and the handle broke off in my mother's hands as she was taking it out of the press. Sure, I might pick up a new one in Tiger but to my knowledge, they no longer due the big white ones anymore. :(

TA #3: I think I might be getting a cold. Nose is running like a tap and my chest feels heavy. I'm meant to be going away to visit friends this weekend so it's a triffle inconvenient to say the least...

TA #4: I can't remember how to use the camera controls in The Sims 4 and I've misplaced my manual. Kind of annoying when I'm trying to build a house from scratch and can't view a room from a different angle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm a bit more than trivially annoyed about the CONSTANT top news story being the negotiations between FG and FF. It has been endless speculation (emphasis on speculation) and nothing of substance reported

If I were to be cynical I would think its all with a view to cover up other news stories, such as the mental health budget being halved etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement