Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid cyclist?

Options
  • 16-04-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I've seen some of this guys videos before, and in fairness sometimes he's right, but in this case I think the woman is being perfectly reasonable. Does he really need to put this up on YouTube? In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What an utter tosser

Jesus, he sounds painful, a real man with a mission. Of course drivers can be arseholes, but saying a stationery car with a puncture poses a danger to cyclists...do they lack eyes or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Not this tosser again, his voice makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Jesus, he sounds painful, a real man with a mission. Of course drivers can be arseholes, but saying a stationery car with a puncture poses a danger to cyclists...do they lack eyes or something?

I know, you'd swear nobody cycled on the roads before cycle lanes. I say that as a driver and a regular bicycle user (I'm in no way a cyclist!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen some of this guys videos before, and in fairness sometimes he's right, but in this case I think the woman is being perfectly reasonable. Does he really need to put this up on YouTube? In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it

The guy is the biggest clown of an absolute bully going in Ireland.

She has her hazards on and for 99% of cyclists, she is a minor inconvenience at worst.

This fool however takes it as an affront to his personal freedom to move through the city unobstructed.

I'd love to see him navigate central London.

Regardless, he will find the trouble he is looking for some day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Guy deserves a smack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Not legible to vote (live outside Ireland) so immaterial question to me. I don't think enough people will change, though. Those that voted for minority parties on the basis of a "protest vote" have probably only seen their views vindicated in the last few weeks (be it a good thing or a bad thing).

This tosser should consider getting the bus to work and going for a good long spin up the mountains at the weekend. It would be healthier for him in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

He's clearly in the wrong here.

I have a funny feeling that this thread will be derailed very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He should be banned from youtube.

He is a no1 fool.

He even has his name on his page.

Cops are sick of him along with any other road user that comes across him.

He hands out business cards with his YouTube profile URL to motorists he's targeted and tells them to search for their reg to see the video. Muppet of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I enjoyed this write-up about this particular person http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/youtube-channel-of-the-week-number-five-641

Some day he'll pick on the wrong person (I hope..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

He wouldn't get off his hole and change the tyre for her. Probably hasn't the hands to wipe his hole. What an annoying littel pr!ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

xabi wrote: »
    Not this tosser again, his voice makes my blood boil.
    Not the same tosser, a Liam Phelan acolyte :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/talk2liam?&ab_channel=LiamPhelan

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

The number of YouTube hits are now North of 20,000 with 745 thumbs down. The comments section has been disabled since last night. Since he has the option to delete or privatise the video one could only guess that going viral is the motive for leaving it up. It really is a spectacular own goal to p1ss off so many cyclists here and on Reddit ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,235 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Look at his other videos. I think he must have something wrong with him mentally, probably shouldn't be taking the píss out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Some people are just c*nts.

She had a flat tyre, hazards on. Driving forward would have been dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

I enjoyed this write-up about this particular person http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/youtube-channel-of-the-week-number-five-641

"He appears to have a pathological hatred for all human life, which manifests itself through the conduit of his bicycle."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Fair enough that she's there. She's not wrong it but would be more considerate to drive the 10 metres around the corner and be out of the way. (That's what I'd do myself)

I really think this guy should stop making videos. He's annoyed people so much that whether he's right or wrong, he's always wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Cienciano wrote: »
    Look at his other videos. I think he must have something wrong with him mentally, probably shouldn't be taking the píss out of him
    I'd prefer bating the shite out of him for terrorising & bullying that poor auld one :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Fair enough that she's there...but wouldn't it be more considerate to drive the 10 metres around the corner and be out of the way?

I really think this guy should stop making videos. He's annoyed people so much that whether he's right or wrong, he's always wrong.

I think she said she had tried to around the corner but was blocked by a car and had to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

mordeith wrote: »
    I think she said she had tried to around the corner but was blocked by a car and had to come back

Fair enough, couldn't make that out on first listening.

I watched three of his videos on that 'vice' article. The 'wrongdoers' were a group of school kids, a granny and a young female learner driver.

Maybe its not a representative sample. I'm sure he would be equally likely to dispense justice if the Leinster Rugby team bus were to cut him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"While there are indeed YouTube accounts like this that mainly serve to highlight to daily plight of the cyclist on troublesome British roads, CycleDub's is basically evidence that could one day be used in his manslaughter trial. A man so constantly, insidiously irate it defies belief that his heart continues to beat. "

I'm a cyclist. Drivers annoy me sometimes. I'm also a driver. Cyclists can be tools.

CycleDub deserves to be shot in the face with pellets of his own frozen shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I bet there's a whole load of times he's broken the rules of the road, which are conveniently edited out of his videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

For somebody who is a complete menace, he seems to be gaining a high profile for himself!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057562746

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Should be hairy aped be 7 big butch truck drivers, see how his cycle lane would like that carry on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I don't suppose it entered his head to offer to help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

NiallBoo wrote: »
    Fair enough that she's there. She's not wrong it but would be more considerate to drive the 10 metres around the corner and be out of the way. (That's what I'd do myself)

By driving forward you weaken the tyre walls so it'll cost you a new tyre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement