Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid cyclist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Being a tosser doesn't exactly deserve a beating. He's a rude dick, but he's not threatening anyone or damaging cars. He's clearly not right in the head, perhaps fancied himself as a traffic Garda but couldn't pass the test.

People fantasising about him getting a beating or being shot need to have a good long look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

By driving forward you weaken the tyre walls so it'll cost you a new tyre.

Not driving ten metres

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

seamus wrote: »
    Being a tosser doesn't exactly deserve a beating. He's a rude dick, but he's not threatening anyone or damaging cars. He's clearly not right in the head, perhaps fancied himself as a traffic Garda but couldn't pass the test.

People fantasising about him getting a beating or being shot need to have a good long look at themselves.
    If he got knocked down or a punch and wasn't badly injured, you wouldn't laugh?

Jawgap wrote: »
    I don't suppose it entered his head to offer to help?

Isn't he already being a hero?

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Did I hear him say he has kids ? God bless them , I use these roads every day , hope I don't meet his wrath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The only person living in a fantasy world, is that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

If he stopped and helped her change it the cycle lane would have been unblocked sooner. He'd have actually done something to improve road conditions for cyclists, helped cyclists reputation and most of all he could feel a little less bitter about the world around him.

Instead he bitches about it and anonymously uploads a video to youtube... Solving nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

He wouldn't get off his hole and change the tyre for her. Probably hasn't the hands to wipe his hole. What an annoying littel pr!ck.

That poor woman, she probably thought he was going to offer to help her. That didn't occur to him of course.
    What a complete tool. He will definitely get what's coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

To be fair he's putting videos of peoples faces and their car registrations up on youtube which I consider to be particularly nasty. It could have an awful effect on someones mental health.

Basically he's a bully and we all like when a bully gets whats coming to them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

To be fair he's putting videos of peoples faces and their car registrations up on youtube which I consider to be particularly nasty. It could have an awful effect on someones mental health.

Basically he's a bully and we all like when a bully gets whats coming to them...

AFAIK a person's visual image (face) and car registration are classed as personal data, which is why you see them blurred on many published videos. It appears that consent is required to comply with data protection laws. Perhaps someone who knows more about it might like to comment. Maybe that would be the best route to follow in order put an end to this obnoxious sort of behaviour.

• Advertisement

It's funny, he does have a point on a good few occasions.

But because he acts like a nasty bully, it gets buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I bet there's a whole load of times he's broken the rules of the road, which are conveniently edited out of his videos.

The few videos of his I've seen he's obeyed the rules of the road to the point of putting himself in real danger, rules of the road are useful but cop on to not put yourself into dangerous positions is much more important. The problem is that someday he'll be so right that'll he'll end up dead, but at least he'll have a nice video to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Ah yer one is actually so nice and apologetic. I have occasionally stopped and asked people why they're parked in a cycle lane...but not posted it on youtube! If I'd asked her I'd probably have been mortified after since she has a legit reason! I'm taking this as a reminder that sometimes there are legit reasons for people stopping in the cycle lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I enjoyed this write-up about this particular person http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/youtube-channel-of-the-week-number-five-641

Some day he'll pick on the wrong person (I hope..)

Ah here look at the comments in that link. Looks like cycledub got all his friends to go and decent him. I've heard he's a boardsie...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He has so much time why couldnt he put his super cool observations to fighting crime.

He could go around catching theifs robbing bycycles or video them with his go pro.

He could then go around with his y fronts outside his super tight lycra shorts.

He could be a great asset😆.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen some of this guys videos before, and in fairness sometimes he's right, but in this case I think the woman is being perfectly reasonable. Does he really need to put this up on YouTube? In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it?

I like the way he suggests that having to cycle around a parked car puts him in danger, yet he is quite happy to stop in that exact spot, outside the car, to dish out a bollocking. If you watch a few of his videos you'll find a few where he stops in the middle of the road, facing oncoming traffic, to dish out his condescending little lectures to those he deems to have caused him the most trivial of inconveniences. He puts himself in more danger that anyone in any of his clips. He's a bully and a twat and a goddamn awful cyclist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Well, I just reported that video for bullying on YouTube. It probably won't amount to anything. It's a real shame that this tool is gaining the oxygen of publicity by sticking up these videos. And yes, the irony of my contributing to a thread about him isn't lost on me. If he's happy to stick up motorist's details, then he should share with us his own contact details. Like where he lives :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cycledub is a complete and utter toss pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

He has so much time why couldnt he put his super cool observations to fighting crime.

He could go around catching theifs robbing bycycles or video them with his go pro.

He could then go around with his y fronts outside his super tight lycra shorts.

He could be a great asset😆.

As long as he had a cape and a theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Mehhhhh cycle lane mehhhh.

I'm telling mammy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

God I hate people like this. Everyone makes mistakes now and again, or something happens that can't be helped. Do people like him not have anything better to do than go around giving lectures to people? And to put up a video of them and their registration is a disgrace. What a rotten quality to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

Yeah it seems to me he's just complaining for the sake of it. True, you shouldn't be parked in a cycle lane but when there's a genuine reason why there should be some common sense shown by the cyclist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I love the title of the video too. Was he there for the full hour while the cycle lane was blocked? C*nt.

Not sure if it will do anything, but just reported his video for...
    Hateful or abusive content > Abusing vulnerable individuals

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

she was so apologetic. god, I wish it were me sitting there that he tried to speak to like that. maybe I'll park in a cycle lane and wait for him..........to sit what he'll do........and post it on U tube. that be funny.

I'd actually love to know how much longer he makes his daily commute if he stops for a couple of minutes at everyone who's parked in a cycle-lane or fails to indicate.

Must take him hours to get through Ranelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

NiallBoo wrote: »
    I'd actually love to know how much longer he makes his daily commute if he stops for a couple of minutes at everyone who's parked in a cycle-lane or fails to indicate.

Must take him his to get through Ranelagh.

I'd love to follow him and get videos of him breaking lights, not indicating and acting the dickhead. I'd post all the videos as replies to his ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I would love to do something to merit a telling off by him, then when he comes to berate me, I'd be ready with a camera to film him. I think we all deserve to know what he looks like. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

The only thing that video showed was that the woman was obviously a well mannered and polite lady and the guy filming her is an attention seeking clown.

Yes, she was blocking a cycling lane, but there was a good reason. A valid reason. What if it was someone who had pulled in because they were having pains in their chest? Would this guy have put that on you tube as well and titled it selfish man having heart attack blocks cycle lane for 2 hours.

There's lot of bad and dangerous drivers out there. However, posting something like this is so petty it's embarrassing. He should learn from this and the next time he encounters a nice lady that needs her spare wheel put on he might consider getting off his bike and offering to help.

Some people really just live to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Ironically he hinders traffic and other cyclists by stopping to record some incidents. He should be banned from cycling because he obviously doesn't know the rules of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

mordeith wrote: »
    In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it?

Why wouldnt he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement