Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid cyclist?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen some of this guys videos before, and in fairness sometimes he's right, but in this case I think the woman is being perfectly reasonable. Does he really need to put this up on YouTube? In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it?

A real man would have fixed her puncture for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

A real man would have fixed her puncture for her.

A decent human being would have offered.

I cant believe he has an issue with someone broken down FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

His voice matches his personality anyway. "What's your favourite humming noise"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

If I had the time and was really bored. I'd like to follow him around with a go pro cam all day.

Find any mistakes he makes and put his face all over YouTube.

She really shouldda got him with the door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

To be fair he's putting videos of peoples faces and their car registrations up on youtube which I consider to be particularly nasty. It could have an awful effect on someones mental health.

Basically he's a bully and we all like when a bully gets whats coming to them...

Well they are all in public, so there's no offense being carried out. If these videos cause an "awful effect" on someones mental health, i'd be very very surprised. That's really sensationalist.
    me_irl wrote: »
    I love the title of the video too. Was he there for the full hour while the cycle lane was blocked? C*nt.

Not sure if it will do anything, but just reported his video for...

There's no abuse going on in the video at all. He's acting like a díck, but he's not abusing people or taking advantage of anybody.

He has tons of videos, many of which highlight how dangerous it can be as a cyclist, driver or pedestrian. He's incredibly pedantic, where most people would just think "asshole" when encountering a bad driver, he goes out of his way to berate them. I don't wish him any harm, but I wish he would at least change his tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There are laws around showing people's faces when the videos or photographs are going to be used for commercial purposes. You need a model release form for that. I'd be interested to know if he has ads on his videos which could indicate he participates in the YouTube revenue share scheme. If he does, there's potentially a case against him because he's profiting from it. Any lawyers here care to clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Well they are all in public, so there's no offense being carried out. If these videos cause an "awful effect" on someones mental health, i'd be very very surprised. That's really sensationalist.

There's no abuse going on in the video at all. He's acting like a díck, but he's not abusing people or taking advantage of anybody.

He has tons of videos, many of which highlight how dangerous it can be as a cyclist, driver or pedestrian. He's incredibly pedantic, where most people would just think "asshole" when encountering a bad driver, he goes out of his way to berate them. I don't wish him any harm, but I wish he would at least change his tactics.

I would have thought the same before that nurse radio prank incident when Kate was expecting. To you and me it's OK but everyone's different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

smash wrote: »
    There are laws around showing people's faces when the videos or photographs are going to be used for commercial purposes. You need a model release form for that. I'd be interested to know if he has ads on his videos which could indicate he participates in the YouTube revenue share scheme. If he does, there's potentially a case against him because he's profiting from it. Any lawyers here care to clarify?

It's not just the face, on close inspection the car registration is also revealed. Both of these are classed as personal data AFAICS from a basic search on-line and cannot be published without consent. It would be interesting ok to get a legal opinion on it.

There surely has to be some safeguards to ensure a person's identity is protected from being splashed out virally all over the net. This video had over 20,000 hits earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

It's not just the face, on close inspection the car registration is also revealed. Both of these are classed as personal data AFAICS from a basic search on-line and cannot be published without consent. It would be interesting ok to get a legal opinion on it.

There surely has to be some safeguards to ensure a person's identity is protected from being splashed out virally all over the net. This video had over 20,000 hits earlier.

The Garda Traffic Twitter page goes nuts if people tweet images with face or reg number visible so there must something to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ive just been going through the videos,I'm not sure why I like annoying myself. It's hilarous the way after every percieved wrong doing the camera bobs down as he puts his starts cycling at his best to catch up for a chat. I can pinpoint the moment in each video he thinks "oh no you dont"

I saw another video where he criticizes the driver for being in a bus lane, despite it being marked mon-sat. The video was published on a sunday so I'm assuming it was shot the same day. He seems like the kind of guy who can't wait to get home to publicly shame "bad" drivers.

Ironically, he wasn't using the cycle lane beside the bus lane :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I'd prefer bating the shite out of him for terrorising & bullying that poor auld one :mad:
    You should probably go seek help for yourself if you honestly think that. The guys a prick but anybody hoping he gets a beating is far worse.
    Jawgap wrote: »
    I don't suppose it entered his head to offer to help?
    That the kind and sensible thing to do but it would get in the way of all his self-richous tirades. The funny thing is his near zealous attitude will do his cause more harm than good.

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Ironically, he wasn't using the cycle lane beside the bus lane :rolleyes:

Im be willing to bet he's the kind of cyclist who complains constantly about the condition of cycle lanes so he doesn't use them... Unless there's a car parked in them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If I had the time and was really bored. I'd like to follow him around with a go pro cam all day.

Find any mistakes he makes and put his face all over YouTube.

In alot of his videos he does do something wrong, usually in an effort to catch up with some driver over a minor incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I watched three of his videos on that 'vice' article. The 'wrongdoers' were a group of school kids, a granny and a young female learner driver.

Maybe its not a representative sample. I'm sure he would be equally likely to dispense justice if the Leinster Rugby team bus were to cut him off.

I see two videos embedded directly in that article.

In fairness, for the kids, it was incredibly stupid and dangerous for themselves to be walking there. Especially seeing as the road seemed to curve around at that point. There was a proper footpath on the other side of the road.

The young lady did cut in dangerously in front of him. Drivers do this frequently. I don't cycle much but when I used to do it, one of my pet peeves was when there was a line of traffic obviously stopped about 20m ahead yet a car would accelerate to squeeze past me and swerve in in front of me rather than just slow down behind me.....the result of their accelerating, swerving and braking being that they sit waiting to move for 21 seconds instead of 20. It's such pointless behaviour. And it often happened that they would cut in and stop on cycle lane. The next worse, and also common, thing is when people accelerate past you to make a turn left across you and force you to slam on the brakes.

It doesn't matter that she was a learner driver...she seemed to be of the impression that she was a "great driver".

Yeah your man might be a bit of a dickhead for posting it but they were in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

But he did get it very wrong for the lady with the puncture. That was a legitimate reason

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

seamus wrote: »
    Being a tosser doesn't exactly deserve a beating. He's a rude dick, but he's not threatening anyone or damaging cars. He's clearly not right in the head, perhaps fancied himself as a traffic Garda but couldn't pass the test.

People fantasising about him getting a beating or being shot need to have a good long look at themselves.

Do you have a go pro on that high horse you ride around on?

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/721394479291363328

Garda Traffic's opinion of the incident. I would love nothing more than to see this idiot prosecuted for his own video. :pac:

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Garda Traffic's opinion of the incident. I would love nothing more than to see this idiot prosecuted for his own video. :pac:

Yes but that's their opinion. It's perfectly legal to film in public. But if you're doing it for commercial gain then you need permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

For those who care (and please remember I have a lot of free time) I asked the gardai about this, showing face, erg. plate etc, its not allowed, in their words "you have the right to a good name and reply"

Some day, the fecker will stop and harass the wrong person and he will end up getting a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I remember in one of his videos he gave out to someone and they called him an "arsewipe".
    Think that insult sums him up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Im sure a lot of people would be very distressed of they were told they were in a video like that with 25k+ views on it. Especially people who wouldn't have a good understanding of YouTube or the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Being a tosser doesn't exactly deserve a beating. He's a rude dick, but he's not threatening anyone or damaging cars. He's clearly not right in the head, perhaps fancied himself as a traffic Garda but couldn't pass the test.

People fantasising about him getting a beating or being shot need to have a good long look at themselves.
    Not just shot. In the face. With pellets of the aforementioned.

Just seeing him shot? Nah...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Being looking now for hours and still have the same opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What an absolute tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

endacl wrote: »
    Not just shot. In the face. With pellets of the aforementioned.

Just seeing him shot? Nah...

:)

I'd rather see him in a traffic accident. Preferably trapped and in pain

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So he stopped in the middle of the road and held up traffic to complain to that woman with a flat tyre and in his opinion she's in the wrong??
    What a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

He does not seem to care about peoples privacy. Youtube takes down a video and he sticks it up on viemo.

There is a picture of his face on one of the radio stations Facebook pages.. Wonder how he would feel about it being plastered all over the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

prinzeugen wrote: »
    He does not seem to care about peoples privacy. Youtube takes down a video and he sticks it up on viemo.

There is a picture of his face on one of the radio stations Facebook pages.. Wonder how he would feel about it being plastered all over the net.

What radio station?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement