Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid cyclist?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

What radio station?

I can't remember! It was when one was giving away free coffee in town. I'll look later but remember the pic. Was also in one of his now deleted videos.

Notice the Garda traffic twitter have said he is basically breaching the Data Protection Act..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

hairyslug wrote: »
    For those who care (and please remember I have a lot of free time) I asked the gardai about this, showing face, erg. plate etc, its not allowed, in their words "you have the right to a good name and reply"

Some day, the fecker will stop and harass the wrong person and he will end up getting a slap

on the twitter account its because people are making accusations and those accusations appear on the garda account. They could se sued

This guy, while a prick, is just showing cars parked. If anyone feels he lies about them, they can sue away

data protection wise, its okey dokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

esforum wrote: »
    on the twitter account its because people are making accusations and those accusations appear on the garda account. They could se sued

This guy, while a prick, is just showing cars parked. If anyone feels he lies about them, they can sue away

data protection wise, its okey dokey.

That is not what gardai have said at all. Rather, they refer to posting on any social media site without consent because of right to good name.

Some people here have said you can record what you want in a public place and post it once its not for commercial reasons, but what if it goes viral and causes the person stress or embarrassment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Imagine having to work with this twat, frightening.

He seems a bit Premature in his judgements, I wonder does affect the little Prick in any other way?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I have no idea whether it's legal or not but it shouldn't be. That someone can video your face, your car make model and reg and put it up on you tube because he had to cycle around you is ballox.

• Advertisement

OttoPilot wrote: »
    That is not what gardai have said at all. Rather, they refer to posting on any social media site without consent because of right to good name.

Some people here have said you can record what you want in a public place and post it once its not for commercial reasons, but what if it goes viral and causes the person stress or embarrassment?

do you know what right to good name means? I think not. It means innocent until proven guilty of a crime. Garda twitter account aint a court

if its fake you get sued, if its true tough ****.

may I ask how you think newspapers and photographers do it if data protection says no?

Like the fat guy dancing a few years ago.

It looks like while its not a problem to film public and post it, once you start doing a cycledub and add other info you are in bother.

Some eegit posted a link to a UK site to justify the twats actions.

do you know what right to good name means? I think not. It means innocent until proven guilty of a crime. Garda twitter account aint a court

may I ask how you think newspapers and photographers do it if data protection says no?

Newspapers and photographers don't print personal details like car registration, at least I have never seen it. Although I admit I'm no expert on the law.

If this guy believes a crime/offence has taken place, he should turn it over to the gardai, not a public forum. His aim here is humiliation and degradation of the person who has "wronged" him. Notice how he suggests the woman move around the corner, where the street looks narrower, than block his way. Surely its better she's blocking a cycle lane than a full driving lane?

He doesn't give a toss about "endangering cyclists", he is just a selfish twat.

They use words like "the accused" and "it is alleged" in the story. Cycledub is basically saying these people are guilty.

Youtube is not a court and cycledub is not a Garda, judge or jury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

His camera view seems very high, has he it on a mast on his helmet or something?

• Advertisement

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They use words like "the accused" and "it is alleged" in the story. Cycledub is basically saying these people are guilty.

Youtube is not a court and cycledub is not a Garda, judge or jury.

A, correct and they are free to sue for defamation is they so desire, not however data protection.

B, He also isnt running the Garda twitter acount!
    Newspapers and photographers don't print personal details like car registration, at least I have never seen it. Although I admit I'm no expert on the law.

They print faces and names aall the bloody time, not too mention where people live. Cmomn, do you read the papers?

(http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/ryan-family-heckle-accused-man-28823989.html)

(http://www.sundayworld.com/news/backfire)

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200496/Police-watch-volley-shots-ring-Real-IRA-boss-funeral-killed-clinical-daylight-hit.html)

Thats just using one name for a person never convicted of an IRA related crime. Names, addresses, occupations, faces and even business addresses named.
    If this guy believes a crime/offence has taken place, he should turn it over to the gardai, not a public forum. His aim here is humiliation and degradation of the person who has "wronged" him. Notice how he suggests the woman move around the corner, where the street looks narrower, than block his way. Surely its better she's blocking a cycle lane than a full driving lane?

My original post agrees, not sure why you are raising that with me. I only corrected the comment about data protection
    He doesn't give a toss about "endangering cyclists", he is just a selfish twat.

Again I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Doubt he works as he is always out on his bike protecting the people of Gotham oh wait we are talking about batman right.

Bat out of his mind.....

A, correct and they are free to sue with for defemation is they so desire, not however data protection.

B, He also isnt running the Garda twitter acount!

They print faces and names aall the bloody time, not too mention where people live. Cmomn, do you read the papers?

(http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/ryan-family-heckle-accused-man-28823989.html)

(http://www.sundayworld.com/news/backfire)

(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200496/Police-watch-volley-shots-ring-Real-IRA-boss-funeral-killed-clinical-daylight-hit.html)

Thats just using one name for a person never convicted of an IRA related crime. Names, addresses, occupations, faces and even business addresses named.

Ok just relating to this, I would argue just because a newspaper has done something, doesn't mean it was lawful. The person may well be entitled to sue but hasn't or hasn't seen the articles.

Ok just relating to this, I would argue just because a newspaper has done something, doesn't mean it was lawful. The person may well be entitled to sue but hasn't or hasn't seen the articles.

absolutely. Unlikely but yes of course. Papers do indeed get sued but not for data protection, for defamation.

garda twitter doesnt want people posting criminal allegations against other people on their account as they could be open to a claim, thus the ban. If cycledub wants to take that chance, well eventually someone will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

His camera view seems very high, has he it on a mast on his helmet or something?
    He rides a Raleigh High Horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

endacl wrote: »
    He rides a Raleigh High Horse.

I see what you did there....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

What an utterly horrible person

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

That woman is lovely.
    Your man is just a cyclepath.

That woman is lovely.
    Your man is just a cyclepath.

Feck.. Was going to do that.. OH said cyclepath .

He is on boards. Two different names. Its all here in the public.

As per boards rules.. Keeping quiet. Post not the poster..

But as they seem to be inactive accounts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

What's the point in putting that up on Youtube? What an absolute bellend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Seems like some troll/ sociopath looking for attention, likely playing some sort of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Youtubes most toxic cyclopath strikes again. A nasty, poisonous man. Eventually he will end up in hospital after someone kicks seven shades out of him. No doubt about that whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It appears this video is now trending on Youtube Ireland.

It appears this video is now trending on Youtube Ireland.

I hope every media outlet on the planet picks this up.

Shame the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Shame the ****.

That would be the best comeuppance for the prick

The girl doing her driving lesson and the woman with the puncture both were reasonable and tried to explain themselves but he was having none of it the little hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Shame the ****.

The unfortunate thing is that the polite lady in the video is probably not wanting any of the attention that self serving prick wants.

That would be the best comeuppance for the prick

The girl doing her driving lesson and the woman with the puncture both were reasonable and tried to explain themselves but he was having none of it the little hitler

I actually thought that wee girl learning to drive was pretty cool too with the way she dealt with that busy body prick. As a learner driverI'm sure she already was anxious without that idiot cyclist talking nonsense. (And to qualify I am both a cyclist and a driver) There are loads of idiot cyclists and car drivers about.

This guy really takes the Michael.

timthumbni wrote: »
    The unfortunate thing is that the polite lady in the video is probably not wanting any of the attention that self serving prick wants.

Yes, its true.. But I hope she, or he family see that vid..

I would like to add also that most cyclists are dead on, just like most car drivers, Lorry drivers etc.

We all have to share the road after all. If out on a bike with a mate or 2we will go single file often to allow traffic to pass easier. A lot of the vehicles will toot their thanks on the way past and I will give them a wave. Each toot gives me a wee lift and I hope my wave does the same to them.

The guy in this video really shows himself up. It's not big and it's not clever for this clown. But that lady really seems dead on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

He has a Liveleak account too with a single video on it. Every comment on it abusing him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement