Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranoid cyclist?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm sure I've seen some of this guys videos before, and in fairness sometimes he's right, but in this case I think the woman is being perfectly reasonable. Does he really need to put this up on YouTube? In fact, since he initiated the conversation is he legally allowed to do it?

This guy personifies helmet cam warrior. Cycle myself, I've had a few Frank exchanges of views with motorists. However there is a difference to letting of steam to an incident that puts you into immediate mortal danger than looking for material to fuel your one man mission orientated YouTube page.

Than man needs some sort of professional help based on his previous altercations. Cameras should be used to record dangerous situations and act almost like a witnessed account. Not as an audience member of this cyclists Jeremy Kyle show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

seriously, could the woman take him to court for posting a video of her without her permission??

where does the law stand on that anyway???

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

fryup wrote: »
    seriously, could the woman take him to court for posting a video of her without her permission??

I was wondering that myself. Could I just go around with a go pro and put up videos of everyone I meet in my day?
    Also, boards is a pretty big place. Does anyone here know him? Is his family and friends not mortified by his behaviour??
    I only looked at two of his videos before my blood boiled and I couldn't stomach another one.
    Is it just women he seems to harass?? He's unreal and not in a good way!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

fryup wrote: »

Good question and some answers to that over the last few pages. One of the sneaky underhanded aspects to this video is that she probably doesn't know she's on YouTube or elsewhere for that matter. I do hope she finds out and then takes legal measures to sort out this creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

anybody recognise where the video in the first post happened.

Maybe a few of us could line the road and shout "Wan:Pker" at him as he cycles by

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Maybe a few of us could line the road and shout "Wan:Pker" at him as he cycles by

I do that at cyclists most days.

He must love the attention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

His family need to intervene before he taps on the wrong window and ends up wearing that bicycle frame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

His family need to intervene before he taps on the wrong window and ends up wearing that bicycle frame

It's a wonder that hasn't happened before now.
    I wonder if that nice polite woman's son / husband appeared on the scene there, having arrived to help her, would that guy hang around for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

One of the biggest gribes I got with this guy is that there is clearly nothing behind him.
    By that I mean, if you're gonna be a constant dickhead to people you have to expect you are gonna get a punch at some point. But I would be willing to put money down that when he get's a punch he will fall back about 3 feet and pretend that Superman just hit him... That he just got "viciously assaulted for no reason" in which he'll then use his footage to get someone arrested and then sue the hole off them.

He is dangerous. Not in the traditional sense of the word.

What if he "loses" his camera during this vicious assault? No camera, no evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

What is he actually trying to achieve anyway?

The Gardai take no notice/action of the non-issues posted in his videos.

The only person he's shaming is himself ......... he is totally irrelevant in the real world.

I also notice the pr1ck chooses certain areas to cycle in ......... I'd love to meet him some day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mercy on anyone of they ever have an accident with him. It certainly won't be his fault anyway. Can you imagine the footage!

LOOK OUT FOR YOUR REG ON YOU....
    *dies

I just put my reg in on the off-chance..no result found. I am disappointed and will increase my efforts.

Ranelagh, opposite the Triangle. Shows up in a lot of his videos.

https://goo.gl/maps/mrWMPxm4T5q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Not this guy, he annoys me so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Many have tried, all have failed. He has never been wrong in his life. Everything is black and white, and if you cannot follow the rules, then you must be removed from society.

IMO His behaviour follows a distinctive pattern that suggests a condition on the spectrum of something.

beauf wrote: »
    IMO His behaviour follows a distinctive pattern that suggests a condition on the spectrum of something.

Spectrum of c*ntishness....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

beauf wrote: »

Sometimes the condition is just "acting the asshole".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Everyone's a bit annoying in the road but if you don't have some degree of give and take we would be in permanent road rage traffic jams quoting laws at each other.

City and town streets and rural roads that weren't built to modern specs were never, ever designed to allow absolute right of way of anything.

Also human drivers on roads that are far from optimally designed for traffic are bound to have the odd mistake here and there.

In my experience the most dangerous driver on any road is the one who is totally inflexible and will drive into something as a matter of principle or to "teach someone a lesson".

I think you've a very similar mentality amongst a tiny % of cyclists too. Everyone is wrong and they're going to correct the world around them.

The best road users accept reality and drive or cycle appropriately, avoiding putting anyone in danger, including themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mod: Hey, folks, it's been brought to our attention that the thread has some pretty bad stuff in it so for the moment I'm locking this while I do a quick review, sorry for any inconvience caused

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement