Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All households must be registered with a licensed waste collector by July 1

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

cocoman wrote: »
    You would be able to cancel but I don't think you would be saving a huge amount. The city council charge €5 per standard bag of refuse and you will have to bring it there yourself.
    Nappies will be a big problem. God help anyone with 2 in nappies :(

Thank God I have the first one out of nappies .il have to potty train this one within the first month!! Does it not say per car load though? So a car load of recycling and food,then 5 for the black? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ja1986 wrote: »
    Thank God I have the first one out of nappies .il have to potty train this one within the first month!! Does it not say per car load though? So a car load of recycling and food,then 5 for the black? Thanks

Terry nappies a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

gozunda wrote: »

That's always struck me as the moral equivalent of saying, "Since it's so hard to keep up with the dirty dishes using a dishwasher, have you considered doing them all by hand?".

Do they have cloth diaper services in Ireland? Pro: No need to put diapers in the rubbish and pay for them. Con: Diapers go in their own bin, for which you pay a weekly fee when it is collected. Savings? I dunno. :) I actually would think so, because you are paying only for laundry and nappy "rental", rather than disposal on top of that. And you don't have to pay Irish Water for the water to launder them. Quick profit idea, someone start some!

Niemoj wrote: »
    It costs me around €280 a year for one recycling bin and a normal refuse bin to be collected every 2 weeks (they alternate) here in Carlow!

Paying by weight is going to make that €280 bill €2800! :rolleyes:

How so? Do you have figures for your refuse company?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

gozunda wrote: »

It is definitely a possibility,will have to weight up the washing costs vs the bins. I rang that crowd and they said it's 2 Euro per boot full of recycling . 5 Euro per bag of refuse, 5 Euro for 1-4 bags of food. I think il go a few months with the pay by weight and see which is more feasible. Because when I rang them they said they will be putting up their prices too. And my company said they won't have their prices up until May.

My mam helps me out with my daughter but wont take anything off me so I have been paying her bin account for the last two years. Awkward conversation coming up I think !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

HensVassal wrote: »
    You have always been fined if you are caught for illegal dumping. This is just another money grubbing scam under the guise of protecting the environment. The Irish are such suckers. Back in the day there was an incentive to return your bottles. You got 5p back for them. Then some schmuck scrapped that program while some other schmuck decided "hey, how about I generate loads of money by charging the public idiots to take their bottles? Ka-ching!"

Complete scam and the Irish just never learn.

Eh? I put my bottles in the bottle bank for free... :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Refuse collection should never have been privatised, it is never going to bring down prices not in a small country like ours, maybe in Dublin it might but not throughout the country.

And as for noise pollution here in Waterford city we have about 4 or 5 companies collecting bins and there is never a day bar Sunday that a bin lorry is not doing its rounds.

Give it back to the councils I say.

Not sure what the current prices are but when I switched a few years ago (Galway), Citybin were far cheaper than the council and did more pickups. None of this 2-3 week break over Christmas that others endured (one year my parents had to lug rubbish out to ours for collection as their council service was well sh!te). Found them very easy to get in touch with for any issues too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This was signed into law three months ago.
    Why has it taken so long for people to notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

snubbleste wrote: »

The collectors in my area haven't even decided what their prices are going to be. What was there for us to notice, other than political chatter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

What was? The OP's claim? There was never any such provision.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    What was? The OP's claim? There was never any such provision.
    These new regulations that affect almost everyone.
    Goes to show that citizens don't pay attention to Dáil business, of course these regulations are a result of an EU Directive...

These new regulations that affect almost everyone.
    Goes to show that citizens don't pay attention to Dáil business, of course these regulations are a result of an EU Directive...

Again, is the OP's claim correct or not?

Ask the OP.

Ask the OP.

OP, where the proof of your claim?

Households are not required to register.

However, all bin companies will be required to provide data of household, bin collection, weight etc to the local authority upon demand
    All households will receive a breakdown every month of weight/charge each bin
    A bin company can impose a penalty on a householder if they don't separate their waste properly

Households are not required to register.

However, all bin companies will be required to provide data of household, bin collection, weight etc to the local authority upon demand
    All households will receive a breakdown every month of weight/charge each bin
    A bin company can impose a penalty on a householder if they don't separate their waste properly

Ah, so the OP's claim is incorrect. Must get a mod to shut this puppy down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Ah, so the OP's claim is incorrect. Must get a mod to shut this puppy down.

The OP is 100% correct

All waste collectors

From 1 July, 2015, all waste collectors (including household waste collectors) will be subject to fixed payment notices for specified offences,
    the 3 strike approach for breaches of a permit (automatic review triggered) new definition of ‘fit and proper person’ and new waste collection permit application / review process

Householders

Obligations for householders are not proposed to come into effect until 1 July 2016, although they will start receiving the weight of each waste collection from 1 July, 2015. From 1 July, 2016 it is intended that householders will be required to demonstrate they are managing their waste correctly and will be liable to a fixed payment notice if they cannot demonstrate same

source - http://www.wicklow.ie/household-waste-collection-reform

Other county councils have the same information

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    The OP is 100% correct
    Eh, that does not mean that households have to register with a collector.

Eh, that does not mean that households have to register with a collector.

It means the household will have to prove they are disposing of waste via an approved vendor.

People can claim they are using a neighbour's/parents bin and sharing the cost but I reckon it will be a case of guilty till proven otherwise.

Same thing happens with TV licence..... people without TVs end up in court justifying why they don't have a license.

Again, the OP assertion is incorrect. Thread is invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

The OP is 100% correct

OP not entirely correct.
    Householders will still be able to avail of public waste facilities (such as Civic Amenity Sites) and so not have to register with a permitted waste collector.

In order to satisfy the requirement to demonstrate they are managing their waste correctly, householders will need to retain receipts from the waste facility.

Again, the OP assertion is incorrect. Thread is invalid.

I wouldn't say invalid... it's bring to attention that the householder is required to prove they are disposing with a registered/approved vendor . Very little information and discussion in the public arena on the matter.

I wouldn't say invalid... it's bring to attention that the householder is required to prove they are disposing with a registered/approved vendor . Very little information and discussion in the public arena on the matter.

Householders will be expected to demonstrate that they are managing their waste responsibly through either the production of a contract/bill/receipt from their household waste collector / Management Company or the production of receipts from a pay-to-use facility. You are NOT required to be registered with a waste collector.

Householders will be expected to demonstrate that they are managing their waste responsibly through either the production of a contract/bill/receipt from their household waste collector / Management Company or the production of receipts from a pay-to-use facility. You are NOT required to be registered with a waste collector.

How many people sharing bins with neighbour/parents will be unable to prove this to the satisfaction of the Coco's and court ? It's a perfectly valid thread to have opened and the discussion is not invalid.

It will only be a matter of time before there are a couple of threads posted here by people who are unable to prove via receipts or bills that they are disposing of waste using legitimate means and find themselves accused otherwise and facing fines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

What if I keep sending them my TV licence or Water Bill back?
    And repeat ad infinitum.
    Sorry I am just too thick to know which tax you want off me.
    I get confused with all these letters.
    TV/household charge/water/waste, what's next? Irish air tax?
    I don't have a mortgage, but my motor tax is as good as having one.
    Born free, free to be taxed, that's Ireland.

Advertisement