Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tom21

Hi guys I got a call for interview also, any recommendations on dress code for the interview smart, casual, suit, is there many interviewers on the panel, average length of interview. Any info appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

Tom21 wrote: »
    Hi guys I got a call for interview also, any recommendations on dress code for the interview smart, casual, suit, is there many interviewers on the panel, average length of interview. Any info appreciated, thanks

Its an interview so clean shave and a nice suit. Its was 30 mins long (on the button) for me, think thats the given time for everyone. You should have got info in the mail about it, no?

Anybody have any info on when the next batch of student paramedics will be called? There was talk of november, that would mean we should be hearing more about shortly??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

How many are on the first panel ? How many in classes out if that group so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

dmc36 wrote: »
    Anybody have any info on when the next batch of student paramedics will be called? There was talk of november, that would mean we should be hearing more about shortly??

I think November was speculation more than anything else. The expression of interest comes out 3 months before class starts. The first class from this panel starts at the end of September so phase one be done by Christmas.

If they finish one class and start another straight away at the start of January we would hear at the end of this month. This is what I hope and is based on no facts or sources whatsoever.

I don't know how many are on the panel but two classes have been formed of 56 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭flix1

I've helped a couple of folks successfully through this interview and it's tough....but only if you aren't well prepared. Its a competency based interview...and the bulk of the work is done on your application form. Competition will be fierce in terms of experience, so focus on your weaknesses in your preparation and how you can improve them. Know your strengths. Don't talk in 'team' terms...when giving a competency based response, they interviewers will need to hear about you and what you did...not we did this and we did that. I'm happy to give anyone a hand if they get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Hi. Anyone have any information on when the next intake of paramedics will happen? I see from this forum that there was one in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

didds wrote: »
    Hi. Anyone have any information on when the next intake of paramedics will happen? I see from this forum that there was one in April.

Qualified paramedics or student paramedics? There's a recruitment drive on at the minute for qualified paramedics.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

MN_Medic wrote: »
    Qualified paramedics or student paramedics? There's a recruitment drive on at the minute for qualified paramedics.

Student paramedics. I understand I've missed this intake, so just wondering if there's any indication of when the next might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Quick question about that. How can anyone who qualifies in Ireland be a paramedic not working with the NAS? Other than DFB I know but they rarely cross over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Quick question about that. How can anyone who qualifies in Ireland be a paramedic not working with the NAS? Other than DFB I know but they rarely cross over.

There are qualified paramedics that trained abroad and others within the defence forces that may be interested. Also some people that left the NAS or DFB may be interested in returning to frontline work. The private ambulance services have qualified paramedics on their staff and others also work in large industries.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

There are qualified paramedics that trained abroad and others within the defence forces that may be interested. Also some people that left the NAS or DFB may be interested in returning to frontline work. The private ambulance services have qualified paramedics on their staff and others also work in large industries.

Cheers for the reply never thought of foreign paramedic's.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Is there many here that expressed interest in the November class?

Is there many here that expressed interest in the November class?

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 karlospet

I did

karlospet wrote: »
    I did

You hear anything today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 karlospet

mr ice wrote: »
    You hear anything today?

No.maybe tommorrow

Heard noting myself either. I'm supprised with the low numbers, had heard there would be a full class in November, and as far as I know that is still the case. Maybe not as many going in to ballinasloe in October.

How long do they wait to tell people if they have a place after expressing interest? Strange there were only 21 places this time for Dublin, not like 32 for Septembers class.

dmc36 wrote: »
    How long do they wait to tell people if they have a place after expressing interest? Strange there were only 21 places this time for Dublin, not like 32 for Septembers class.

Possibly a space thing.

E mail to proceed came through about 15 minutes ago.

• Advertisement

Possibly a space thing.

:(

Possibly a space thing.

Got the same, anyone know what's involved in the health screening? I presume it's a standard medical?

Hey everyone, got an interview for the supplementary panel just wondering if anyone knows how many got through? People are saying was less than 100??

I was told my a reliable source today that there are 83 being interviewed next week for the supplementary panel.

Am I right in saying that the first class from the initial recruitment campaign are starting soon and next class is due to start in November and that will be 50 ish people used off the first panel which had 150 ish people on it??

shaunac93 wrote: »
    I was told my a reliable source today that there are 83 being interviewed next week for the supplementary panel.

Am I right in saying that the first class from the initial recruitment campaign are starting soon and next class is due to start in November and that will be 50 ish people used off the first panel which had 150 ish people on it??

Two classes starting soon in Tallaght and Ballinasloe and one in Tallaght in late November taking nearly 80 total.

mr ice wrote:
    Two classes starting soon in Tallaght and Ballinasloe and one in Tallaght in late November taking nearly 80 total.

Sorry 4 classes in progress by the new year?

3 Classes from the recent panel, about 80 used, classes in September, October and November

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

Could one expect that if they got through the interviews next week to start early 2017 or are we looking like it would be well next Easter or even summer .? ��

Could one expect that if they got through the interviews next week to start early 2017 or are we looking like it would be well next Easter or even summer .? ��

People on the panel before this one were on it for 2 and half years. I'd just concentrate on prepping well for the interview and worry about the rest after.

I'd suggest working hard and saving some cash as the mula isn't amazing starting off so having a rainy day fund would take a bit of pressure off.

mr ice wrote:
    I'd suggest working hard and saving some cash as the mula isn't amazing starting off so having a rainy day fund would take a bit of pressure off.

Give or take what could you expect to take home every fortnight starting off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Give or take what could you expect to take home every fortnight starting off?

About 830 a forthnight while in the school after tax

Advertisement