Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

sjb25 wrote:
    About 830 a forthnight while in the school after tax

OK thankfully that's not a big drop for me so I should survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

That's nearly 100 more than I make a week working full time so I wouldn't be complaining. I've no house or children so I can also understand the other side too !

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

Anybody following the forum start classes yesterday in tallaght, how was it?

Jumping the gun here but just curious what is the paramedic pay scales here for trainee, year 1, year 2 etc... I found the HSE document with all pay for hse workers but can't find Paramedics on it only EMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dmc36

The Salary for the post as at 01.01.2016 is:

€25,702, €27,530, €28,557, €29,770, €30,590, €31,096, €31,902, €32,719, €33,528, €35,147, €36,640, LSI

Shift and weekend premia payments also apply.

That should have been supplied in the job spec they sent you.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the last round of interviews were. Additional informal we got at start of campaign said we can expect to find out about our order of merit placing 1 week after final interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the last round of interviews were. Additional informal we got at start of campaign said we can expect to find out about our order of merit placing 1 week after final interview.

I think I heard there were more on yesterday but not sure. Don't think there'll be too many days of them though. Were you in during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Hey ,
    I know it's a bit of silly question to ask at this stage since they just ran the recruitment this year, but how long does it usually take before they run another one?
    Missed out on it this year didn't have enough time to get the C1 licence.

Thanks

Well as far as I know and i'm open to correction the last recruitment drive was in 2013 before this year. However last August they announced a total of 150 new emergency technicians for the Intermediate Care Service will be taken on over the next two years, and 461 additional paramedics will be recruited over 5 years.

So even with the two campaigns this year i'd doubt there would a 3 year wait again before another recruitment. :)

carav10 wrote:
    I think I heard there were more on yesterday but not sure. Don't think there'll be too many days of them though. Were you in during the week?

Yeah I was in on Wednesday think I got on ok but the waiting around not knowing is torture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Anyone that has been through pre employment recently, how long before class start did yee sign contracts etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

Anyone that has been through pre employment recently, how long before class start did yee sign contracts etc?

About a month

Just got an email, results of interviews have gone out in the post ! Best of luck everyone :)

No letter today, the wait continues

No letter today, the wait continues

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Any news yet? ive not heard

I got my results in the post yesterday guys ! Really hope ye get post on Monday, as the waiting is sickening 😢

Got mine in the post today too. Over the moon with the result

Good stuff hope we won't have too long to wait !! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Frazer212

Got my letter yesterday...over the moon.

Anyone know (on average) how big the classes are?

• Advertisement

Frazer212 wrote: »
    Got my letter yesterday...over the moon.

Anyone know (on average) how big the classes are?

It all depends on demand at the time, like the last three classes were 32, then 24 then 21. On average tallaght can hold 32, and ballinasloe about 24 at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 robbielk

anyone in ballinasloe and tallaght be able to tell me how much accomodation is? congrats to all who got through as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Menapian Medic

Congratulations to everyone who made it through. As one who is going through the pre-employment process for November's class, you will need to have hearing tests, eye test(including colour test), vaccinations done. birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport, another letter from ndls, whatever qualifications you used to qualify for the position, your driver's licence, these will have to be notarised. Your medical will be in tullamore. Make sure you are fit, and have good lung function. Have your references aware that there will be a form to fill out and email back to HSE. This stuff comes at you with very little warning, once you have been' invited to proceed'. It's difficult to get it all together in a week.

Congratulations to everyone who made it through. As one who is going through the pre-employment process for November's class, you will need to have hearing tests, eye test(including colour test), vaccinations done. birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport, another letter from ndls, whatever qualifications you used to qualify for the position, your driver's licence, these will have to be notarised. Your medical will be in tullamore. Make sure you are fit, and have good lung function. Have your references aware that there will be a form to fill out and email back to HSE. This stuff comes at you with very little warning, once you have been' invited to proceed'. It's difficult to get it all together in a week.

Is there a time limit as to how far back the hearing tests etc. Can be done i.e can I do then in November/December and use them in 6 months or whatever if I get called to proceed?? What vaccinations are needed? Is it the same ndls form we already submitted?

They want them fairly recent. As an example the ndls has to be within 3 months of the invitation to proceed. I would look at your panel number and calculate roughly when you think you might be called and try and work that. Otherwise you can get the tests done and wait for the call, and then ask them will they be acceptable. All they can say is no, and you are the same as everyone else then.

The ndls is the same as the first one you got. Showing penalty points, etc.
    Vaccinations they are looking for are bcg, hepb, tetanus, . They will also want to know whether you had chickenpox. There are other ones but can't remember.
    They will take bloods from you at the medicals.
    I was offered a booster of tetanus, for free there, plus flu vaccine.

Thanks...anyone have a general educated guess on when they think the supplementary panel will get a call to start training?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Thanks...anyone have a general educated guess on when they think the supplementary panel will get a call to start training?

I would suggest anyone who is near the start of the panel start making preparations now as I would think within a couple of months there will be a call. Even if you leave it until end of month. Should be ok then. IMO.

I would suggest anyone who is near the start of the panel start making preparations now as I would think within a couple of months there will be a call. Even if you leave it until end of month. Should be ok then. IMO.

Any tests you have to get done have to be within 3 months of starting date of the course, this includes the letter of entitlement from NDLS, so another €15, as the first one will be out of date. Find out who your local peace commissioner is, as there will be a number of items, as mentioned earlier, you will have to get notarised, and solicitor signatures come quite costly, versus peace commissioner is free. Get any records of vaccines from your GP and health centre, there can be a waiting list in some centres. And be prepared to have everything ready to go as they give a very short window to return, like us, we were given a week, not a lot of time to source all the above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Your medical will be in tullamore. Make sure you are fit, and have good lung function.

What are the rough guidelines for the medical? What do you have to do exactly?

Advertisement