Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

I've got ringside tickets for this, but they are a few rows back from the front, can't think of the exact number off the top of my head. I'm assuming if sales stay as they are moving up a few places will be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Poor sales probably aren't that surprising given how much of the crowd at the Raw ones are children who wouldn't have the same interest in NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Considering the low overhead, I'd imagine the company would be happy if they had 3,000 people in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

What's the low overhead? Still have to pay for the whole group, ring crew, venue costs etc plus ads for the show.

Developmental talent isn't paid anything for doing the shows, which is a significant saving. You still have to pay Joe, Balor, Nakamura, but say you have Bayley Vs Nia Jax in the semi main and American Alpha V The Revival third from the top, you're not paying anything from the gate to those talent. That is the specific reason they are touring with NXT and making a good profit off audiences of between 1,000 & 3,000.

• Advertisement

I don't know you still have a lot of costs to cover with everyone flying over and costs I mention before. Plus is seems odd the talent don't get sort of a cut. NXT has be proven to be a money loser and if this show doesn't sell well it only add to that.

So much incorrect in this.

NXT is a money loser only in the sense it's part of the developmental division & that division incorporates the performance centre. NXT shows themselves are not money losers. The ones that play in front of 300 - 400 people in Florida are, obviously, and the TV tapings are basically a free show. But the rest? Of course not. Why do you think they started to run them? To lose their ass? They're revenue generators. You think they're flying their whole crew over to Europe for the second time in 6 months and they lost money last time and they're going to lose money this time? Really, this is what you think? Genuinely asking.

I agree that the talent should be paid something. I would imagine talent were really disappointed after that big Brooklyn gate when they realised they were getting nothing. However I can also see from the companies point of view that they have recruited talent and are paying for their education in the craft while also paying the talent, so why should they then cut said talent in on the revenue they do bring in especially if they're still not offsetting the entire cost of the PC?

I think if you read the whole thing, someone made a point that even if doesn't sell well, due to low overheads NXT would still make a profit. I just asked how could they if they show didn't sell well as they still have costs to cover. This is the first time there playing Ireland so this show could be a lost for them. There coming back to England for second time in 6 months were we can assume those shows did do well, we don't know how this Irish show is going to go for them. NXT is a money loser for the WWE. If you took away WWE backing we won't have international tours, the big names and high end look the show has.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

The sales are grand in England:
    • Plymouth Pavilions (4,000 capacity, sold out)
    • Liverpool Echo Arena (11,000 capacity, only top balcony left!)
    • Bournemouth BIC (4,000 capacity, ringside gone? Confusing seat map)

Are the WWE ignorant of Ireland's population? Did they think people would travel from elsewhere, despite the unholy amount of NXT Live shows in June?

Unless the WWE received a substantial discount, choosing the SSE and the 3Arena were terrible decisions for all involved. The SSE quickly curtained off a few thousand seats though, and updated the seat map.

The seat map is still the same for the 3Arena though. That should be about 13,000 capacity. Absolutely ridiculous. Does anybody know where the curtain will be/what the new lowered capacity is?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I was thinking recently actually, if the Olympia didn't have that sloped floor it would be a perfect venue for a NXT (or similar) size show.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Really thinking about travelling up from Cork for this. Would it be a bit mad to travel up to the event and back down in the same day or is it doable? Otherwise I am afraid the cost would likely make it no worth my while. Have no real other reason to be in Dublin. Train ticket price is not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Really thinking about travelling up from Cork for this. Would it be a bit mad to travel up to the event and back down in the same day or is it doable? Otherwise I am afraid the cost would likely make it no worth my while. Have no real other reason to be in Dublin. Train ticket price is not too bad.

If you're travelling from Cork I would consider the Cork city - Dublin Aircoach route instead of the train. For one it's much cheaper, and also it's hourly and runs til 1am. And leaves you off at Westmoreland St so just a short walk away from 3Arena. If the show runs late (probably won't but just in case) no big deal and even if you want to hang around after the show for a pint you can do that too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lads just FYI the luas from city centre to the 3 Arena is not running for the next two months; however there is a bus that goes along a similar route. That said you could walk to connelly station to 3 Arena in under half an hour (and sure there are bars along the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I smell a nogger conga along the Luas line.

Know ya half mentioned it but any plans re: something OSW?

If you the owner of an NXT ticket for Dublin I'd be very very sure they are a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Ticket sales are not half as bad as people are suggesting, where are you guys getting your info from? Without getting into too much detail, as I don't want to get into trouble, the majority of tickets have been sold. Ground floor tickets virtually gone. It looks as if the tiered seating will go too. First 15 rows of seats are on sale, the rest will be sectioned off. Don't think upper tier were ever on sale. Have a ticket myself, hoping this will be a decent so. Massive double page interveiw with Finn in yesterdays Star paper, that should boost sales. Balor cheekily invited Conor McGregor to the show or at least he did in said interveiw.

(I work at an outlet)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Ticket sales are not half as bad as people are suggesting, where are you guys getting your info from? Without getting into too much detail, as I don't want to get into trouble, the majority of tickets have been sold. Ground floor tickets virtually gone. It looks as if the tiered seating will go too. First 15 rows of seats are on sale, the rest will be sectioned off. Don't think upper tier were ever on sale. Have a ticket myself, hoping this will be a decent so. Massive double page interveiw with Finn in yesterdays Star paper, that should boost sales. Balor cheekily invited Conor McGregor to the show or at least he did in said interveiw.

(I work at an outlet)

Someone posted months ago sales were poor and last week you coukd get ringside tickets first few rows

Upper tier were on sale but we're pulled from sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I read article in paper yesterday and already have a great ticket for this show Just want to ask again is there any plans re a meetup for a few drinks before the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Podcastaway

Really thinking about travelling up from Cork for this. Would it be a bit mad to travel up to the event and back down in the same day or is it doable? Otherwise I am afraid the cost would likely make it no worth my while. Have no real other reason to be in Dublin.

Do it! I'm heading up-and-down in the day from Mayo for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Podcastaway

A song for Bayley:
    Don't, don't close your heart to how you feel
    Dream and don't be afraid the dream's not real
    Close your eyes pretend it's just the two of us again
    Make believe this moment's here to stay

Touch, touch me the way you used to do
    I know tonight could be all I'll have with you
    From now on you'll be with someone else instead of me
    So tonight let's build this memory for the last time

**HUG** me now don't cry don't say a word just
    **HUG** me now and I will know though we're apart
    We'll always be together forever in love
    What do you say when words are not enough

Time time will be kind once we're apart and
    Your tears, tears will have no place in your heart I wish
    I, I could say how much I'll miss you, when you're gone
    All my love for you will go on and on and

**HUG** me now don't cry don't say a word just
    **HUG** me now and try to understand
    That I hope at last you've found what you've been searching for
    And though I won't be there anymore I will always love you
    (**HUG** me now don't cry)

Don't say a word just **HUG** me now and I will know though
    We're apart we'll always be together forever in love
    What do you say when words are not enough
    What can I say now my words are not enough

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

nazmoalex wrote: »

(I work at an outlet)

The 3arena can only curtain off rows 31 to 53. That leaves row 1 to 30 open and currently row 15 is on offer on ticketmaster. That leaves around 15 empty rows across the tiered section as it stands. I can't see many more tickets being shifted between now and then. The place will be half full but I still think the atmosphere will be cracking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

BTW.. Anyone have any idea what time the show will start at? Doors open at 6:30pm but there's no word on the start time. I'm traveling from Wexford and I'm off work shortly before 6pm so I might be pushing it for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

7.30 start I'd imagine and I'd say over at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just thinking is there any chance Balor could win the title in Dublin? By the looks of WWE.com it'll be a card not unlike the below.

Balor V Joe

American Alpha V The Revival

Nia Jaxx V Bayley

Aries V Shinsuke

Tye Dillinger V A. N. Other

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just thinking is there any chance Balor could win the title in Dublin?

None.

I'd say it was taken off him ahead of his callup. Winning it back would be a massive step backwards.

Its why, I reckon, they've been running (and will in Dublin) Joe/Dillinger vs Nakamura/Balor; they can have the faces winning without having to worry bout a title change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just thinking is there any chance Balor could win the title in Dublin? By the looks of WWE.com it'll be a card not unlike the below.

Balor V Joe

American Alpha V The Revival

Nia Jaxx V Bayley

Aries V Shinsuke

Tye Dillinger V A. N. Other

If we got that card happy days. re balor winning back title can't see it being honest personally hoping for a call up for Balor this summer (and bayley) to main roster so makes no sense for him to win it in Dublin and have to drop it again within a few weeks. That is of course assuming Joe is haning around in NXT until someone like Aries or Nakamura wins title off him to move up to main roster.

WWE strongly doesn't book for the home town at its house shows. If memory serves, they had Becky Lynch pinned on a Dublin show recently.

My point being anyone expecting Balor to take the title in front of a 35% full 3arena might not want to get their hopes up too high.

They could do the old thing of him winning on this show and losing on the next house show and not talk about on T.V. (I know different era with social media) at the very least I except a dusty finish of some sorts for Finn/Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They did that already just last month with the Joe win and it was everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Will there be a meet and greet at this event?

• Advertisement

They did that already just last month with the Joe win and it was everywhere.

You misread what he said. He's suggesting flipping the title to Finn, then back to Joe, and not mentioning it on their TV show.

It's a cute idea but in 2016 you just can't.

Advertisement