Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

First live event for me! Will we know the card in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Monokne wrote: »
    You misread what he said. He's suggesting flipping the title to Finn, then back to Joe, and not mentioning it on their TV show.

It's a cute idea but in 2016 you just can't.

I don't think he did. If Finn won the NXT title match in Dublin it would be all over twitter that he won and then when title is flipped back to Joe same thing all over twitter that Joe won title like last time. Doing this with the NXT title now here could set the tone for future title reigns to last a few days to a week like Ryder winning at WM then losing title next night to Miz on raw.

I assume card will be announced but as always subject to change. Remember Seth getting injured in Dublin last year that could happen anyone especially with the shows in UK before the Dublin show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Menelaun wrote: »
    First live event for me! Will we know the card in advance?

Usually would be posted before now on he 3Arena site. May still get added, but often it's wrong anyway. So probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lycan238 wrote: »
    I assume card will be announced but as always subject to change. Remember Seth getting injured in Dublin last year that could happen anyone especially with the shows in UK before the Dublin show.

This is actually a worry for me - they are really stacking their scheduale at the download festival:

Friday: 1 signing session 1 live show
    Saturday: 2 signing sessions, 2 live shoes
    Sunday: 1 Signing session, 2 live shows

Then after that they have belfast on Monday, and Dublin on Tuesday (followed by other dates in the UK)

it's an incredible run of shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

This is actually a worry for me - they are really stacking their scheduale at the download festival:

Friday: 1 signing session 1 live show
    Saturday: 2 signing sessions, 2 live shoes
    Sunday: 1 Signing session, 2 live shows

Then after that they have belfast on Monday, and Dublin on Tuesday (followed by other dates in the UK)

it's an incredible run of shows!

Yes I know. Common sense dictates that they run two seperate shows Saturday and Sunday ie no wrestler appears on both shows. I know there is a low chance of this happening as most fans will want to see the top stars but assuming the above is the run of shows leading up to Dublin we are the seventh show in 5 days so risk of injury will increase if same wrestlers appearing on all of these shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

just looked up tickets there - block e - row 16 which are good seats.... 28.50 each!! Thats a steal!! should be deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Maybe they'll be more likely to "rotate" the roster for festival shows where people would be there anyway and not at specially scheduled events, but we'll have to wait and see. Glad I only bought a cheap ticket nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

lycan238 wrote: »
    I don't think he did. If Finn won the NXT title match in Dublin it would be all over twitter that he won and then when title is flipped back to Joe same thing all over twitter that Joe won title like last time. Doing this with the NXT title now here could set the tone for future title reigns to last a few days to a week like Ryder winning at WM then losing title next night to Miz on raw.

I did meant that. It's old trick on a tour lose a title on the first night and on last night they win it back. You don't mention it on TV and act like it never happen. Like I said I don't think it do-able in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

No tiered seats seem to be available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They changed the pricing, there is still tiered seating right now but it's only €29. Still ringside Row C availabe for €68 and Row A available for €130.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

They changed the pricing, there is still tiered seating right now but it's only €29. Still ringside Row C availabe for €68 and Row A available for €130.

3000 at it I'd say

3000 is a great number for NXT here, still no clue why they decided to out it on in the 3arena though. The National Stadium would have been perfect and sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Think it was said before but they had no choice but to go with 3 arena due to WWE contract with the 3 Arena. It would have been a breach of the contract if the show went any where else. I agree a smaller one would have suited.

Got my tickets at last: RINGB, row C, seats 20-21 are these good seats and anyone know the story with the best place for parking? thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think they should have only done 1 irish date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

They are only doing one Irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

Monokne wrote: »
    They are only doing one Irish date.

They're doing two. Belfast and Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Podcastaway

plus.three.ie/Offer/Details/6833
    Win tickets for a Meet and Greet with the stars of WWE NXT at the 3Arena on 14 June 2016 3Plus Competition

Promotion Dates: 26/05/2016 12.00am to 11.59am 7/06/2016

Eligibility Criteria: Entrants must be aged 18 or over and registered for 3Plus.

Winner(s): The winners will be chosen by random selection. The winners will be chosen on 07/06/2016.

Prize(s): There is 1 winner who will get 2 tickets to the WWE NXT event at the 3Arena on 14/06/2016, and tickets to the Meet and Greet event before the show.One Winner will be contacted directly with details for collecting tickets at 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Latte1 wrote: »
    They're doing two. Belfast and Dublin

Oh, I thought you meant ROI as opposed to the whole island.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Ringside F row A can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Any clarification on whether most expensive tickets include meet and greet? I'm for Belfast, assuming not as there's no info on it.

• Advertisement

I don't know if there is any meet & greet, that 3 competition is the first I've heard of one. No tickets were sold with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Bit of a noob question, but haven't been to the Point for over a decade. I pre-paid for parking at Point Village Car Park. It mentions that the 'concert rate' is 6.30 onwards. If we arrive a bit early, would we have to pay extra for any time beforehand, or does it cover you for the whole day, so long as you leave when the show is over?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Looks like I will have to make it a day trip - what time should it finish at?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Looks like I will have to make it a day trip - what time should it finish at?

Id say 10 or latest 10.30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Virtanen wrote: »
    Bit of a noob question, but haven't been to the Point for over a decade. I pre-paid for parking at Point Village Car Park. It mentions that the 'concert rate' is 6.30 onwards. If we arrive a bit early, would we have to pay extra for any time beforehand, or does it cover you for the whole day, so long as you leave when the show is over?

I usually end up there earlier and they don't charge extra. They will have people at the gate asking to see your receipt and will wave you through the right barricade when you show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've got a parking ticket if anyone wants to buy it from me for face value?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

sorry to jump into this thread but my nephew loves wrestling (hes ten), i know nothing about it but would the wrestlers at this be big names?...

jobless wrote: »
    sorry to jump into this thread but my nephew loves wrestling (hes ten), i know nothing about it but would the wrestlers at this be big names?...

To kids and casual fans they wouldn't be 'big names'

Finn balor may be the only one your nephew may know as he is Irish and probably the most recognisable given his look and he does a lot of the PR circuit for nxt

Depends on his age , if but if he is young he may get bored , it's more pure wrestling show rather then the entertainment show you d normally get

Feel free to pm if you want more info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

To kids and casual fans they wouldn't be 'big names'

Finn balor may be the only one your nephew may know as he is Irish and probably the most recognisable given his look and he does a lot of the PR circuit for nxt

Depends on his age , if but if he is young he may get bored , it's more pure wrestling show rather then the entertainment show you d normally get

Feel free to pm if you want more info

hey thanks for that... he's ten and i suppose the entertainment thing is the big draw for kids that age... so there wouldnt be any of the antics like usual shows... wrestlers on the mic etc... ?

• Advertisement

jobless wrote: »
    hey thanks for that... he's ten and i suppose the entertainment thing is the big draw for kids that age... so there wouldnt be any of the antics like usual shows... wrestlers on the mic etc... ?

The antics wouldn't be as cartoonish , they will interact, he may enjoy it but note that nxt is not on sky etc its only available on the WWE network

Also note that the crowds at nxt are usually a lot more vocal , so it may happen at event that you will get non pg chants .

If he is ten he may enjoy it it's hard to know , kids can vary. Just prep it so he knows the likes of cena etc won't be there and that some people might be louder (I guess to put into perspective if you have been at an event before and you hear cena sucks from a few adults , basically at nxt they will be the majority not the minority)

Obviously no one will intentionally upset a young kid but some might feel intimated . I once witnessed a dad get very aggressive with a group of lads who were chanting cena sucks and upset his son. I felt bad for the lads because for rest of show they felt they couldn't say a thing .

Once your nephew is made aware what to expect then he should be fine :)

Advertisement