Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

tickets got for Belfast show, block B row 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Lord TSC wrote: »
    All the tiered seating offers great views. Prefer it to ringside myself, cause there is way less chance of people standing in front of you, blocking your view.

I could not find a ringside seat close enough for my liking plus I got a ticket at the cheapest price point so I am happy out. The cost for the whole day will be less than the second highest price point depending on what merch is there. Hope we get balor and bayley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I got ringside A row A seat 3. Never been to a live event before, any idea where abouts that seat would be? Hope I get a good view.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Asmodean wrote: »
    I got ringside A row A seat 3. Never been to a live event before, any idea where abouts that seat would be? Hope I get a good view.

14527s.jpg

Right at a corner post beside the entrance ramp. Perfect place for loads of high fives :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

All the tiered seating offers great views. Prefer it to ringside myself, cause there is way less chance of people standing in front of you, blocking your view.

Agreed. I reckon it won't be close to a sellout so every seat will be top notch. I'd prefer tiered to being 7-8 rows back as it just takes a few people to stand and everyone will stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

14527s.jpg

Right at a corner post beside the entrance ramp. Perfect place for loads of high fives :P

Goddamn that's brilliant. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Fair point

Again, going on the main show, "card subject to change". Until you see them in Dublin, I wouldn't presume anyone is locked in....

I want to believe if we all cheer loud enough, "Takeover: Dublin" is in the future :P
    I really hope someday we get that over here. If the UFC broadcast live from here....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got Block D , Row F 19-21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lads what price tickets are people getting? I've gone top price a couple of times for WWE events and enjoyed it but equally went with the lowest price last April and enjoyed it every bit as much despite being in the second tier and near the back. The view was still excellent. Juts because I think even with a mid-range ticket I'd still get an excellent view at this event because I'm not sure it'll sell as well as the other WWE events usually do.

I got ringside seats at the Winter 2012 show, where the main event was Ryback vs. CM Punk. Then at the post-WrestleMania show in 2013 I got the next section back. Every show since then I just get the cheapest ones because I realised there isn't much benefit paying more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I was in the highest section at november shows and i could see everything perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Forgot all about it and went on at half 10 and got ringside C, row C. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Right, went and bought a cheap ticket. Block A Row 13, looks grand. First ever live event, and going on my own. It's like a dirty secret or something but fook it it should be fun.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Right, went and bought a cheap ticket. Block A Row 13, looks grand. First ever live event, and going on my own. It's like a dirty secret or something but fook it it should be fun.

This is nearly the exact seat (row 14 I think) I had for a TNA show a few years back. Great view!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Pentecost wrote: »

Ah you'll have a ball, I have no doubt. We all get the dirty feeling at some stage.You almost never come across a pro wrestling fan out in the wild but at these shows we're all out of the closet and free from the shackles of "you do know that's fake right?".

It's still real to me! It's still real to us dammit!!! There'll be no judging of your dirty little pro wrestling secret NXT night that's for sure:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Cheers Nastii-san. My own company doesn't bother me one bit so it's all good. That said it's an opportune occasion for forum beers given pretty much all of us want to go this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone get a text from ticket master about €250 premium tickets?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone get a text from ticket master about €250 premium tickets?

Nope. I bought the 130 ones on the presumption that they were meet and greet although it was never officially advertised. Not sure now if there 250 ones are the meet and greet. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nope. I bought the 130 ones on the presumption that they were meet and greet although it was never officially advertised. Not sure now if there 250 ones are the meet and greet. :-/

I'm in the same boat, bought the €136 ones thinking they were the top tier.

Just did a quick search though and found this:
    http://platinum.ticketmaster.ie/wwe-nxt-tickets/2457

They don't mention a meet and greet either, and seem to be just for front row (or close to) so hopefully that's all that text was about.

I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I knew I paid that amount of money for a photo opportunity with a professional wrestler when I might bump into one of them in an airport or a coffee shop sometime, ha ha. What's this about selling tickets "closer to their true value"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I knew I paid that amount of money for a photo opportunity with a professional wrestler when I might bump into one of them in an airport or a coffee shop sometime, ha ha. What's this about selling tickets "closer to their true value"?

It seems to me like an excuse to put the tickets up for what sounds like an auction nearly, just to turn a slightly bigger profit.

€250 is crazy money, so is €136 mind, but I was happier paying that (with the hopes that there'll be something more than just the seats!) as they are a birthday present for my wife and she'll really appreciate them! I certainly won't be impressed if it ends up that I've just paid over the odds for second row seats when I could have paid half that for third or fourth row!

Oh man, I hope the gamble pays off for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

FutureGuy wrote: »

I didn't get it myself. My brother got it and he did the same as you, getting the €136 ones with the impression the meet and greet was included. I asked him what extra was included in the €250 ones and he said there was nothing mentioned in the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Platinum seats are a small amount of seats held back at original sale so they can then be sold at market value. IE, if the secondary market values the tickets that have been sold at twice what they are worth, and they are selling, 3arena/WWE want a piece of that pie so they release the tickets in the ballpark of what you'd pay to buy the off Stubhub (or whatever equivalent).

It's very smart strategy. If I were a business with a hot ticket like that which scalpers were making a mint off, I'd want my cut too. And as a buyer, if I'm going to pay over the odds, I'd rather it be directly to the seller so I know I can trust what I'm buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

could it have been that those seats had been reserved for friends and family of Finn and now they are not needed so they are selling them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

montyrebel wrote: »
    could it have been that those seats had been reserved for friends and family of Finn and now they are not needed so they are selling them?

In short no. It's as Monoke said in his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

Might go up to the show in Belfast, though nothing certain yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Hope after spunking £110 quid on a ticket for Belfast I get the meet and greet. Basically just want Nakamura to sign my copy of Lion's Pride if I get a chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly, hate to be a killjoy, but if nothing has been said about a meet and greet before buying a ticket, I wouldn't be hoping for one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

No disrespect to anyone, but you lads have effectively created a meet & greet in your heads, so I wouldn't be too hard on them when it isn't delivered.

Advertisement