Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Obviously no one will intentionally upset a young kid but some might feel intimated . I once witnessed a dad get very aggressive with a group of lads who were chanting cena sucks and upset his son. I felt bad for the lads because for rest of show they felt they couldn't say a thing .

What annoys me about this sort of story is that anyone with an ounce of knowledge will know Cena will win, and the panto-bad guys who were booing him will be sent home defeated. I boo Cena knowing the kids will chant louder to fight me, and that THEY WILL WIN IN THE END! Giving out to people for chanting against Cena is idiotic imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

The antics wouldn't be as cartoonish , they will interact, he may enjoy it but note that nxt is not on sky etc its only available on the WWE network

Also note that the crowds at nxt are usually a lot more vocal , so it may happen at event that you will get non pg chants .

If he is ten he may enjoy it it's hard to know , kids can vary. Just prep it so he knows the likes of cena etc won't be there and that some people might be louder (I guess to put into perspective if you have been at an event before and you hear cena sucks from a few adults , basically at nxt they will be the majority not the minority)

Obviously no one will intentionally upset a young kid but some might feel intimated . I once witnessed a dad get very aggressive with a group of lads who were chanting cena sucks and upset his son. I felt bad for the lads because for rest of show they felt they couldn't say a thing .

Once your nephew is made aware what to expect then he should be fine :)
    hey appreciate the info.... he can be a sensitive soul so not sure how he would react to adults shouting around him...
    I wouldn't agree with scolding someone else for booing a wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What annoys me about this sort of story is that anyone with an ounce of knowledge will know Cena will win, and the panto-bad guys who were booing him will be sent home defeated. I boo Cena knowing the kids will chant louder to fight me, and that THEY WILL WIN IN THE END! Giving out to people for chanting against Cena is idiotic imo.

The kid was young and got upset, the man turned around and started f in the guys out of it . It was more a reflection of kinda guy the dad was more then anything. He should of taking kid out for a second explain they are only playing and we will show them when cena wins

Even at most if he had turned to guys and said can ye tone it down for a minute, but said it in a nice way.

You get them in all walks of life ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Well I just bought a ticket for this, my first WWE live event, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The kid was young and got upset, the man turned around and started f in the guys out of it . It was more a reflection of kinda guy the dad was more then anything. He should of taking kid out for a second explain they are only playing and we will show them when cena wins

Even at most if he had turned to guys and said can ye tone it down for a minute, but said it in a nice way.

You get them in all walks of life ,

You sure that dad wasn't Vince with his son Shane? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Nicky B

Getting into arguments with kids about Cena is the best part of the live WWE shows in Dublin because you know that he is gonna win anyway so the kids are going to win.

When he faced Edge, a kid completely schooled us. We were saying to him that Edge was gonna win because he was better than Cena but the kid was having none of it. Came back with stats from the trading cards showing that Cena was better than Edge. All we could say is touché. His Dad was loving the arguing though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Anyone there for the time Angle, JBL and the Bashams totally annihilated Cena in a Dublin house show in the point to set up the triple threat later in the year with Austin as the referee. Was a bloodbath... with Cena getting hit with the steps. Won't see the likes of that happening again but Jesus it was a mad stunt to pull at a house show. Kids were bawling crying

Nicky B wrote: »
    Getting into arguments with kids about Cena is the best part of the live WWE shows in Dublin because you know that he is gonna win anyway so the kids are going to win.

When he faced Edge, a kid completely schooled us. We were saying to him that Edge was gonna win because he was better than Cena but the kid was having none of it. Came back with stats from the trading cards showing that Cena was better than Edge. All we could say is touché. His Dad was loving the arguing though

Back when Nexus was a thing, I went to a show with a Nexus shirt and armband, proudly supporting them.

Kids. Were. Furious. I was getting such dirty looks, and some looked ready to stab me. We were sitting beside this young kid, and every time I chanted for the bad guys, he chanted for the good guys. Roll on the Cena match. And Cena won, and the kid turned round and with the biggest smile on his face, stuck his tongue out at me. And his parents, who obviously had no idea about wrestling, were all smiles too, realizing that it was all part of the act.

I think, actually, a large part of it is that many parents go with their kids without having a clue about the product; they don't know who Cena is beyond his merch and that their kid adores him like a hero. So you get some who think grown up fans are "ruining" their kids night, and some who realise it works out good in the end. Because at the end of the day, it's a giant pantomime, and the good guy always ends the night standing tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ya have to let yourself go completely to get the best out of a wrestling show IMO.

Wouldn't be Cena's biggest fan but when it comes to houseshows I stop short of draping myself in a US flag, putting on a pair of jorts and go full blown "Mark".

Boo like F for the heels and cheer like a girl for the plucky faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I remember when a kid was devastated when Sheamus lost to Finn Balor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 orlabella

Anyone know is there a signing in smyths like the wwe tours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 natman1974

Any idea what time the show will be over as the Luas line is out and myself and my daughter have to get back to Heuston to catch a train at 2310

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

natman1974 wrote: »
    Any idea what time the show will be over as the Luas line is out and myself and my daughter have to get back to Heuston to catch a train at 2310

Should finish at 10pm, 10:30pm at the latest. There is a temporary bus service to replace the Luas, but I don't know the frequency or duration.

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Should finish at 10pm, 10:30pm at the latest. There is a temporary bus service to replace the Luas, but I don't know the frequency or duration.

Given the takeover event was 2 hours I can't imagine then doing more then two hours

So doors open 6.30 , show 7.30 with half hour interval it be over at 10 , so I'd say 10

But I'd imagine there will be plenty of buses for the luas, getting the luas as well to red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Anyone there for the time Angle, JBL and the Bashams totally annihilated Cena in a Dublin house show in the point to set up the triple threat later in the year with Austin as the referee. Was a bloodbath... with Cena getting hit with the steps. Won't see the likes of that happening again but Jesus it was a mad stunt to pull at a house show. Kids were bawling crying

i remember that, lots of blood at a house show!

Cant wait for Tuesday, I'm all ready to print off my "10" sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

i remember that, lots of blood at a house show!

Cant wait for Tuesday, I'm all ready to print off my "10" sign :)
    Haha, I should do that too!

Would love a movement to get everyone having a "10" sign. I shall do my part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Would love a movement to get everyone having a "10" sign. I shall do my part :)

YES! YES! YES!

It would be class if he came out for the match to a sea of "10" signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jamiegaynor

Any word on who'll be wrestling at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 SophieLouise

Gaw_ wrote: »
    I bought a €136 ticket and a room in the Grand Canal Hotel since I'm travelling alone from Clare. My ticket is Row A Seat 13 in section C, but I only bought it on Friday. Is this a bad seat, or are sales really as bad as they seem?

Also +1 on the meetup beforehand

I got ringside Row D tickets for €76 so I don't know why Row A cost so much more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭davidlacey

Anyone any idea how good ringside A row C tickets are? At 59.50 I seemed to grab a bargain the day they came out!

I got ringside Row D tickets for €76 so I don't know why Row A cost so much more.

Row A will get high fives, hugs and not have to worry about people standing in front of them (bar any kids without a sense of personal space). Row D won't. Hence the price. Not saying Row D is bad, but Row A being "Stand up and touch the wrestlers" seats is the justification for the higher price.
    Anyone any idea how good ringside A row C tickets are? At 59.50 I seemed to grab a bargain the day they came out!

For that price, you've done very well :) I'd be hopeful that the nature of the show (more adult orientated) means you won't have many kids standing and holding signs all over the place, so I'd be hopeful everyone should have a good view this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeffscott72

Looks like Roode is on the tour after all. They just posted pics on the NXT Facebook page.

Can't post links right now it seems but just Goole NXT Facebook to find it

I'd maybe spoiler the above. Bit sickened the news cropped up on my Twitter would have been a major mark out surprise for Tuesday.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd maybe spoiler the above. Bit sickened the news cropped up on my Twitter would have been a major mark out surprise for Tuesday.

Triple H is over there too

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jeffscott72

ShagNastii wrote: »

Done...sorry about that. It was mentioned as a possibility earlier in the thread whoch why I didn't think of using the tags but I should have

• Registered Users Posts: 2 natman1974

Given the takeover event was 2 hours I can't imagine then doing more then two hours

So doors open 6.30 , show 7.30 with half hour interval it be over at 10 , so I'd say 10

But I'd imagine there will be plenty of buses for the luas, getting the luas as well to red cow

Thanks might go to the red cow ourselves and get the green bus onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭saladtime

Anybody know what time the show starts at Tuesday? I see doors are 6.30

Cheers!

saladtime wrote: »
    Anybody know what time the show starts at Tuesday? I see doors are 6.30

Cheers!

7:30 start time.

• Advertisement

There is a big contingent travelling looking at the Download results. We could get a number of people that you might not expect on Tuesday. Roll on.

Advertisement