Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Peyton Reed has signed on to direct Ant Man 3 for an expected release dated of 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bucky and Falcon
    Image-from-iOS.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480

Zemo
    Image-from-iOS-3.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480

Sharon Carter
    Image-from-iOS-4.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480
    US Agent
    Image-from-iOS-5.jpg?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480

Marvels What if

Very 60's The Avengers feel to that.

Is she going to be Mrs Peel to his Steed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Very 60's The Avengers feel to that.

Is she going to be Mrs Peel to his Steed

Ew no!

If it's anything like the Fraction run she's a kid who nicks his gimmick, but they get on, and she turns out to be far more responsible than the adult Hawkguy ever was.

Anyway that's all irrelevent PIZZA DOG.

• Advertisement

Looking very Bourney, as a BW movie should.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Went a bit "superhero landing"-y at the end though. Dropping from a height and landing on the walkway, maneuvering herself through falling debris while falling from the sky. That started to feel a bit OTT for both what her skillset is supposed to be and how we've seen her in the past.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is going to be the first Marvel movie I skip i think, I just see no point in prequels. There's no stakes in prequels, we know exactly where the character ultimately ends up. It's a waste of a movie IMO.

Penn wrote: »
    Went a bit "superhero landing"-y at the end though. Dropping from a height and landing on the walkway, maneuvering herself through falling debris while falling from the sky. That started to feel a bit OTT for both what her skillset is supposed to be and how we've seen her in the past.

All the elements I disliked in the trailer were the superhero ones. I know we have to have Red Guardian because
    he's Nat's long lost husband
    but I think I'd be good with this just being a tense thriller.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    This is going to be the first Marvel movie I skip i think, I just see no point in prequels. There's no stakes in prequels, we know exactly where the character ultimately ends up. It's a waste of a movie IMO.

Trying not to be spoilery, if you don't know your Marble comics, but this film is clearly an origin story for another character.

Loughc wrote: »

I think I’m burnt out now of Superhero everything.

Same with Star Wars I would have been first line for both and now I cant even be bothered going to see the rise of Skywalker in the cinema and I’ll be the same with Black Widow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

All the elements I disliked in the trailer were the superhero ones. I know we have to have Red Guardian because
    he's Nat's long lost husband
    but I think I'd be good with this just being a tense thriller.

Looks like they're setting up a different dynamic in the trailer or am I misreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Have the same feeling towards this as I did for Solo, it isn't really something I feel is needed.

It could still do reasonably well given the big gulf in Marvel content before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has this been confirmed as a prequel of sorts before endgame

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed as a prequel of sorts before endgame

It's set after the events of Civil War, but before Infinity War.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks good.

Feels bit bit different from the first Bourne.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's set after the events of Civil War, but before Infinity War.

Looks like there'll be flashbacks, maybe they'll do a chunk of story in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm still stumped as to the point of this movie due to how endgame played out. I'll 100% go to see it but I'd expect some after credits scene going forward with some form of repercussion from this movie

Well it might not have been obvious in endgame but that film opened up a world of hurt in terms of
    travelling in time and to paralell timelines and maybe paralell universes (though the universe is just a guess on this one). So anyway, yeah, stuff happening to Nat in the distant past could well have been done by the now endgame past and affect the future to come.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I'm still stumped as to the point of this movie due to how endgame played out. I'll 100% go to see it but I'd expect some after credits scene going forward with some form of repercussion from this movie

This is 100% a set up movie for something.

To say more is to spoil stuff from the comics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I see loeb / Perlmutters TV division is now officially dead. Apart from the upcoming Hulu animation and Helstrom, nothing more will come from Marvel TV. Feige has complete control now.

I guess going forward any new "TV shows" will be tethered directly to the MCU. No more Punisher, Legion and the likes, but on the other hand, anything produced will now be held to a higher standard with massive budgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I feel a bit sorry for Loeb. he's done a half decent job. Bringing stuff like the defender shows, Legion and AoS to our screens. Sure there's been a few misfires like Inhumans, but overall the quality of what he's produced hasn't been too bad.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for Loeb. he's done a half decent job. Bringing stuff like the defender shows, Legion and AoS to our screens. Sure there's been a few misfires like Inhumans, but overall the quality of what he's produced hasn't been too bad.

Agreed, it wasn't as if he was given the new Disney+ content that will be much more tied into the MCU.

Need an Agent Carter series in the swinging 60's now however I don't see Disney+ making that one.

Need an Agent Carter series in the swinging 60's now however I don't see Disney+ making that one.

With Steve hiding in her basement?

Foxtrol wrote: »
    With Steve hiding in her basement?

In a Disney+ show?? :eek:

Loeb's case is one that always makes me feel weird.

I haven't been a fan of his for a few years, starting when he cancelled the excellent "Earth's Mightiest Heroes". He's made a lot of choices that just don't feel right. But he also has a huge body of excellent work, and despite what people say some of it does come after his personal tragedy. Runaways is great, and I think most people would agree Jessica Jones/ Daredevil season 1 are really good too. A lot of people don't like Hush but he's a new character that's stuck for Batman. I have a very muted response to the folding of Marvel TV into the cinema division.

Did Feige make Wolverine and the X-Men under Loeb? Funny how things turn out.

Christian Bale might be in Thor: Love and Thunder!

Christian Bale May Be Heading to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/christian-bale-may-be-heading-to-the-marvel-cinematic-u-1840836813
    There’s no word on which role Bale would play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Probably not anyone significant in the grand scheme of things and a one off appearance.

Would love to see Bale take on Doom but couldn't see him taking on the committment.

• Advertisement

Eternals concept art:
    https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1213881054605578240

As it's Marvel I honestly wasn't sure if this was:
    - someone with a face mask on (like Starlord)
    - a space station attached to an asteroid
    - a shapeship

Turns out, from what I can tell, it's
    one of the Eternals (with a face mask on I assume)

Advertisement