Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Foxtrol wrote: »
    None of the Phase 4 movies look to take place where Spiderman would be expected to be, similar for what we can expect for most of Phase 5. Tony was really the only one who knew him and the others could see him as 'a kid' that has relatively weak powers and could make a throwaway comment about not including him. EDITH could be easily taken out in seconds by a space ship. They simply don't need him for their narrative to push on and make sense.

Looking at the other side even if they went the multiverse route, Peter's whole support system was Stark and now is Happy/Fury/Avengers. Even if they went the multiverse route, which could just be seen a knock off of a 2 year old movie, Peter's first move would be to look for Stark/Happy/Fury/Avengers if he was transported somewhere else. The current iteration of the character is built by and uses MCU IP as a crutch, you can't just take that away and move on pretending Peter forgets it all. Feige knew exactly what he was doing and he's really boxed Sony in.

Doctor Strange takes place in New York and personally knows Peter and IIRC Peter actually saved Strange's life in infinity war.

Although its not an ideal scenario, the fact is that both Disney and Sony can ignore each other if they want.
    Sony will probably have to be a little bit more creative, but it can totally be done.

I dont think it will come to that though and I think Feige will be the one to bridge a deal. He fixed the James Gunn problem with Disney and will do the same for Spidey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sony will introduce Madam Webb to take Peter out of his own universe in order to save Venom's utter scatterbrained universe. He won't even have time to think about anyone from his world. It will be absolutely seamless and fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

kerplun k wrote: »
    Doctor Strange takes place in New York and personally knows Peter and IIRC Peter actually saved Strange's life in infinity war.

Although its not an ideal scenario, the fact is that both Disney and Sony can ignore each other if they want.
    Sony will probably have to be a little bit more creative, but it can totally be done.

I dont think it will come to that though and I think Feige will be the one to bridge a deal. He fixed the James Gunn problem with Disney and will do the same for Spidey.

This is the most likely scenario I think.

I don't know how Feige manages this stuff, but he often does. he apparently was instrumental in the Gunn thing, he managed to oust Perlmutter from Marvel studios, he was apparently a key player in the initial softening between Fox and Marvel Studios (he produced some of the early X films and had good relations there), plus he produces the odd film every now and then.

Apparently he sends notes to anyone making Marvel properties as he doesn't like the brand getting damaged even tangentially.

I think I'd have a meltdown under that level of pressure and activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Those examples are completely different.

Dr Strange 'knows Spiderman' and even if you ignore his cocky personality he is much more powerful than Spiderman and with his army of sorcerers to support him there is little help Spiderman can really provide. Without a McGuffin it makes very little logical sense for him to run to Peter.

On the other side, Peter's whole character and superhero identity is built around MCU properties. Stark was his mentor and father figure, Happy his new support structure and his source for his suits, and Fury/Avengers the people he has shown he wants to turn to when things got too much for him to handle. To rip those out and just 'ignore' them going forward would be incredibly jarring.

Those examples are completely different.

Dr Strange 'knows Spiderman' and even if you ignore his cocky personality he is much more powerful than Spiderman and with his army of sorcerers to support him there is little help Spiderman can really provide. Without a McGuffin it makes very little logical sense for him to run to Peter.

On the other side, Peter's whole character and superhero identity is built around MCU properties. Stark was his mentor and father figure, Happy his new support structure and his source for his suits, and Fury/Avengers the people he has shown he wants to turn to when things got too much for him to handle. To rip those out and just 'ignore' them going forward would be incredibly jarring.

Its the same difference. You put Spidey in a situation that doesn't include any of the MCU characters, and boom, you have a Spider Man movie that doesn't include the MCU. Yeah, he's been built up from the MCU, but that doesn't mean his future has to revolve around it.

Look no further than Hobbs and Shaw, both character came from the F&F universe, yet the whole movie is made without any major F&F characters.

You'r very naive if you think this cannot be done from Sony's end. The only real question is if they can pool enough talented resources together to make it work.

• Advertisement

Its the same difference. You put Spidey in a situation that doesn't include any of the MCU characters, and boom, you have a Spider Man movie that doesn't include the MCU. Yeah, he's been built up from the MCU, but that doesn't mean his future has to revolve around it.

Look no further than Hobbs and Shaw, both character came from the F&F universe, yet the whole movie is made without any major F&F characters.

You'r very naive if you think this cannot be done from Sony's end. The only real question is if they can pool enough talented resources together to make it work.

I'd be less 'naive' if you or the other posters that have claimed that Sony won't have problems doing it could give me an example of how that would work based on this iteration of the character. Shouting out 'multiverse' or 'introduce other characters' completely ignores that Peter relies heavily on Stark tech/facilities and consistently turns to other MCU characters when he gets into difficulties.

If anyone is 'naive' I'd say it is the ones who are putting faith in Sony and the guy who block Deadpool movie, stiched his mouth shut, and lead the disaster that was the latest reboot of Fantastic 4.

If you aren't able to give an example of how to avoid the massive plot holes for Spiderman exiting the MCU then there's no point in continuing this further

I'd be less 'naive' if you or the other posters that have claimed that Sony won't have problems doing it could give me an example of how that would work based on this iteration of the character. Shouting out 'multiverse' or 'introduce other characters' completely ignores that Peter relies heavily on Stark tech/facilities and consistently turns to other MCU characters when he gets into difficulties.

If anyone is 'naive' I'd say it is the ones who are putting faith in Sony and the guy who block Deadpool movie, stiched his mouth shut, and lead the disaster that was the latest reboot of Fantastic 4.

If you aren't able to give an example of how to avoid the massive plot holes for Spiderman exiting the MCU then there's no point in continuing this further

You won’t take the ‘multiverse’ as an example that can move the spider man plot forward without the MCU, but your willing to take a leap of faith when the MCU obliterates half of the world, and not just earth, the while fricken universe, and then bring them back a whole five years later and they haven’t aged a day. The fallout of such an event should fundamentally change the world we live in, and by extension, the whole galaxy, yet the MCUs FFH glossed over these events as I’m sure the rest of P4 will. Your willing to accept this, but not spider man existing outside the MCU in a multiverse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

https://youtu.be/onhygON2Vrk

Rumours that a new deal has been agreed,many more spidey movies planned along with Venom entering the MCU

Take it with a pinch of salt as nothing confirmed yet

Cotts72 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/onhygON2Vrk

Rumours that a new deal has been agreed,many more spidey movies planned along with Venom entering the MCU

Take it with a pinch of salt as nothing confirmed yet
    I'd only believe it when the outlets that broke it report it. It's ****e hawk websites reporting these rumours.

You won’t take the ‘multiverse’ as an example that can move the spider man plot forward without the MCU, but your willing to take a leap of faith when the MCU obliterates half of the world, and not just earth, the while fricken universe, and then bring them back a whole five years later and they haven’t aged a day. The fallout of such an event should fundamentally change the world we live in, and by extension, the whole galaxy, yet the MCUs FFH glossed over these events as I’m sure the rest of P4 will. Your willing to accept this, but not spider man existing outside the MCU in a multiverse?

Yes, I've enough patience to wait for more than one teen adventure movie to see what the impacts to the wider MCU are. In Far from Home we see how it impacts the life of the main characters, a group of teenagers, in ways that are important to them - house displacement, repeating school year, young students now their age. No, I do not expect your friendly neighborhood Spiderman to be deal with famine in Africa. If the impacts of 'the Blip' aren't dealt with in more detail in future movies or TV shows I'll agree with that complaint.

Your multiverse example is poor because if Peter got sucked into a parallel universe his first port of call would be to look for Stark/Happy/Fury/Avengers to try to get himself home. They won't be even able to use the MCU IP names to even say they are 'unavailable' to do that, like in Far from Home. Using the multiverse to wipe his memory or having a movie where Holland is Spiderman from a different universe, where there is no MCU IP, means he isn't the same Spiderman we've gotten to know and wastes all the growth we've watched him go through the last few years. It is essentially a 4th reboot which is nothing like what the MCU would have to do to move on without Spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd only believe it when the outlets that broke it report it. It's ****e hawk websites reporting these rumours.

Fact. Those websites are all about traffic, clicks and shares. They make up whatever they want for ad Money.

Yes, I've enough patience to wait for more than one teen adventure movie to see what the impacts to the wider MCU are. In Far from Home we see how it impacts the life of the main characters, a group of teenagers, in ways that are important to them - house displacement, repeating school year, young students now their age. No, I do not expect your friendly neighborhood Spiderman to be deal with famine in Africa. If the impacts of 'the Blip' aren't dealt with in more detail in future movies or TV shows I'll agree with that complaint.

Your multiverse example is poor because if Peter got sucked into a parallel universe his first port of call would be to look for Stark/Happy/Fury/Avengers to try to get himself home. They won't be even able to use the MCU IP names to even say they are 'unavailable' to do that, like in Far from Home. Using the multiverse to wipe his memory or having a movie where Holland is Spiderman from a different universe, where there is no MCU IP, means he isn't the same Spiderman we've gotten to know and wastes all the growth we've watched him go through the last few years. It is essentially a 4th reboot which is nothing like what the MCU would have to do to move on without Spiderman.

I think we could spend forever debating this :D

I disagree that it would be another reboot. Just have Aunt May say she broke up with Happy, Just don’t mention his name. Have Peter give a speech about him being mature enough to handle things by himself and don’t mention the Avengers. We still have Aunt May, his classmates, flash, MJ, Ned etc, they could even bring Vulture back for a redemption arch. Tony is gone, his impact on Peter’s life was always going to naturally fade. The next movie could be Peter stepping out of the MCU shadow. People evolve, they move on, relationships fade. You don’t need to mention any MCU property to do any of this.

If Sony make a quality film like they did with SpiderVerse, people will be totally cool with the lack of MCU and any small plot holes. (There’s a big 8 years later time plot hole in the MCU and we’re all fine with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Emily VanCamp will return as Agent 13 in the The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series.

Wyatt Russell joins the cast of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier as the Villain
    Super Patriot

Kat Denning will return as Darcy in WandaVision.

Randal Park's Jimmy Woo AOS from Ant-man and the Wasp will return in WandaVision.

Kathryn Hahn joins the cast of WandaVision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

They've also announced new series for Disney plus :

She Hulk

Moonknight (Kit Harrington speculated)

Ms Marvel

I'd hope Kit would be leading a movie franchise...coincidentally he was linked to Reed Richards for Josh Trank's doomed Fantastic 4.

I hope it's not Namor anyway because I'd like to see Kit not do another brooding role.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bit of a letdown. He's just playing a character in The Eternals.

Black Panther 2 also officially announced with May 2022 release date.

Kit Harington Will Play Black Knight In THE ETERNALS

Haille Steinfeld in talks to take up the mantle of Hawkeye in the Disney TV series.

I wonder will this lead to a Young Avengers series.

Haille Steinfeld in talks to take up the mantle of Hawkeye in the Disney TV series.

I wonder will this lead to a Young Avengers series.

Seeing as they've aged up Stature I'd say it's very likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Spider-Man is back in the MCU
    The divorce Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced today that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third film in the SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/spider-man-kevin-feige-back-sony-pictures-1202746503/

Sony released the money they would lose out on and agreed to the original deal a 50/50 split.

It seems Spider Man can now also appear inthe Sony Universe as well making that part of the overall MCU.

I hope they can keep working out deals on a rolling basis. That's probably the best way forward. Why derail a money train which I'm sure was a major factor in them hammering out a deal.

Amy Pascal also being the middleman now since she left Sony and she is now at Universal.

That makes me wonder will she do a deal with with Disney foe making a doing a Solo Hulk film since Universal own those rights to solo Hulk films.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B264Zf5FoR6/?igshid=ac5yntultbx2

That kid is smarter than he lets on. Quality bantz.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sounds like spin where it suits to have Holland as the saviour.

The money men were the beginning and end of this.

Rothman is a well documented dickhead and Iger was an outgoing CEO.

Rothman has a long history of ignoring good ideas from actors.

The scuttlebutt is the thing that got sony back was Marvel agreeing to allow the MCU design Spider-Man appear in the Sony spin offs.

This is a pretty obviously Sony trying to confuse people those films are MCU- IF this rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Falcon and Winter Soldier started filming today:
    https://twitter.com/tvnistark/status/1185933873668087808

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slydice wrote: »
    Falcon and Winter Soldier started filming today:
    https://twitter.com/tvnistark/status/1185933873668087808

I can't wait until the show's done filming/going through post production, and Mackie and Stan head out to promote it, cause their press stuff is the best :D

Advertisement