Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Grace has found out that
    Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
    and
    Captain Marvel 2
    will be
    mini-Avengers films
    :

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The thoughts of all these new characters being introduced...just give me my evil doppelganger Tony and Cap from Earth whatever and be gone. :pac:

That and the fox characters being assimilated....outside of that no real interest in the current properties in production other than a passing curiosity in if they can make the Eternals work......and that's mostly down to the stellar cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, outside of the Guardians, which isn't happening for ages now thanks to the Gunn saga, not sure what's coming down the tracks that has me stoked. I'm sure they'll all be grand and as reliable as the MCU has been, but this really is a watershed moment for the franchise. Endgame in more ways than one. The obvious question is how long will it be til the Fox'verse pops up: I'd put a few quid on a surprise post credits cameo at the end of Dr Strange 2 to get the fans buzzed again.

DS2 is going to be the new IM2 in setting things to come so I suspect that's why the director left. Not that I'm complaining...personally hoping for a Doom debut myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Blade , Gaurdians , Thor 4 and Spidey 3 all stand out for me as interesting prospects. Sequels to Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel not so much. While Shang Chi and Ethernals don't really get me excited either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The most interesting thing about Strange is it seems to be the likely debut of Deadpool/X-Men.

pjohnson wrote: »
    The most interesting thing about Strange is it seems to be the likely debut of Deadpool/X-Men.

IM2 is a guilty pleasure of mine so if DS2 is a similar world building venture I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Superbowl!

• Advertisement

1/2 a second of Daniel Brühl was better than all the rest of the villians shown!
    Hope they do Zemo well.

Slydice wrote: »
    1/2 a second of Daniel Brühl was better than all the rest of the villians shown!

Hope they do Nemo well.

Spoiler alert.

Didnt know this crossover was happening :pac:

Ack! Spoiler tagged for what it's worth..

By the way its
    Baron Zemo not Nemo

I think you missed it :pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=10636933

Oh dear... edited.

:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 85,561 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian Bale might be in Thor: Love and Thunder!

Christian Bale May Be Heading to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/christian-bale-may-be-heading-to-the-marvel-cinematic-u-1840836813

As an "Intergalactic Villian" :p

Oh! Feels like this could open up the chances of having Toby and Tom in the film because of the Multiverse?!

Sam Raimi May Be Taking Over Doctor Strange 2
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/sam-raimi-may-be-taking-over-doctor-strange-2-1841480640

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, you'd think after spiderman 3 Raimi would be done with the blockbuster merry go round, so I'd be sceptical how true this story is until i read the official pronouncement. Definitely a name that kinda disappeared a little from the medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,423 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Money talks,

I'd love Raimi involved with the next Spider Man film with his J. Jonah Jameson (J.K. Simmons) now in the MCU.

• Advertisement

heh :)

seen this mentioned in a couple of articles

Marvel, Raimi and Strange would be a match made in heaven.

Grace seems to have heard a rumour/found out that Sony is planning a 2021 Spider-Woman film.

Seems to be articles on a few other websites too.

Her thoughts about it feel like they center on how much Feige might be drawn to including her in his MCU plans...

like in the comics
    being part of the secret invasion, being a member of sword
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

From what I heard is Sony and Marvel Studios co own the rights , as in Sony can use her as Spider Woman and Marvel can use her as Agent of Sword etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From what I heard is Sony and Marvel Studios co own the rights , as in Sony can use her as Spider Woman and Marvel can use her as Agent of Sword etc

If so that's very interesting, the same is true of many alien races (why the watchers showed up in Guardians 2 despite being FF characters) and obviously some characters like the Maximoffs.

Hrmmm... Bog Iger was there when Disney brought in Marvel. He's one of those names I hear/read about not as much as Kevin Feige but a fair amount. Always felt like Iger would take a position in what went on with the Marvel decisions.

Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO. Bob Chapek replaces him
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/media/bob-iger-bob-chapek-disney-ceo/index.html
    Iger, one of America's most respected CEOs, succeeded Michael Eisner in 2005. During his tenure, Iger oversaw the acquisition of Marvel Studios, Pixar, and Lucasfilm, all of which produced films that shattered box office records. Under his leadership, 21st Century Fox came into Disney's fold, resulting in a new roster of intellectual property for the nearly 100-year-old company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hrmmm... Bog Iger was there when Disney brought in Marvel. He's one of those names I hear/read about not as much as Kevin Feige but a fair amount. Always felt like Iger would take a position in what went on with the Marvel decisions.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/media/bob-iger-bob-chapek-disney-ceo/index.html

Ostensibly, Iger was the reason Feige was able to oust Perlmutter and we have the MCU we see today.

I can't see anyone making headaches for him now, but still, interesting news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Iger is staying around for a few years in a transition role and given the MCU success I can't see a change having any impact.

If anything, Star Wars is where you could see a change in direction given their hit and miss record.

A man who has overseen an effective monopoly of American Entertainment Media; I don't imagine he'll lack for money or opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

Suddenly steps down the day Harvey is convicted.

Advertisement