Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mike9832 wrote: »
    They will all have trouble selling in numbers, including VW

Electric demand is overblown

Majority of people don't mind filling up 30e petrol a week, especially older generation with the money who buy new cars

Everyone is laughing at Toyota with self charging, but they'll have the last laugh yet

I love EVs, but Toyota are right to wait till tech is ready for mass market with 5/5/5/5 they refer to ( 500km/5 min charge time/€50kW/500w/kg)

Governments shouldnt force people into EVs till that tech is ready

Batteries still too crap and expensive for mass introduction without incentives

Did you actually click on the link? Did you read it?

Old diesel wrote: »
    Look less then two years ago people were actually questioning Teslas ability to BUILD a car due to Model 3 production hell.

My favourite was the one about welding the bodywork. MASSIVE issues I was reading at the time.

Now Tesla can't sell a car.......

My beef with Tesla bashing is that no one really bothers to reflect on what Tesla achieved from zero in a decade.

Bashing? Come on now stop reading the Tesla PR bullsh*t

Just because an article isn’t full of Tesla pro crap doesn’t automatically mean it’s bashing, did you read the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

When is the first ID expected to be delivered, Shefwedfan? And what's the timeline for RHD cars?

unkel wrote: »
    When is the first ID expected to be delivered, Shefwedfan? And what's the timeline for RHD cars?

RHD and LHD will be at the same time, it’s posted on thread but latest info is April next year

Hence why article I posted said about 1 year left in eGolf sales life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

kceire wrote: »
    Never heard of this 5/5/5/5 slogan ???

Will try and find it, some Toyota engineer mentioned it I think

Conditions he thought EVs need to get to

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    RHD and LHD will be at the same time, it’s posted on thread but latest info is April next year

Still a very long time away unfortunately.

Still a very long time away unfortunately.

It is but I think it could all change based on what happens with reservations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Did you actually click on the link? Did you read it?

No point

Its Norway

Completely irrelevant what's going on there

Its a utopia

Mike9832 wrote: »
    No point

Its Norway

Completely irrelevant what's going on there

Its a utopia

Electric car demand is up but the choice is not available. Current option are

eGolf: great car but been replaced in 12 months and limited range
    Bmw: really looks odd
    Leaf 2: only one with decent availability but low range
    Kona: small and expensive, under spec
    Niro: not available
    Zoe: small
    Model 3: not available and no price
    Ioniq: overpriced, limited supply, limited range
    eTron: expensive

That’s the current choice if I want to buy a new electric. Demand has shown that if a decent electric car becomes available it will sell in Ireland

It is but I think it could all change based on what happens with reservations

Not sure what you mean by that. The reservations for Tesla Model 3 turned out be be completely irrelevant. Once the cars became available, you could just order them and get the car almost immediately (within one or two weeks). Whether or not you had a reservation made no difference.

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean by that. The reservations for Tesla Model 3 turned out be be completely irrelevant. Once the cars became available, you could just order them and get the car almost immediately (within one or two weeks). Whether or not you had a reservation made no difference.

Tesla didn’t even have a factory when they took reservations...

If VW get high enough demand they might move up production...you never know...

If VW get high enough demand they might move up production...you never know...

So you reckon VW will see how it goes with reservations to determine their production levels? And they are not yet sure about demand? :confused:

I reckon they are going in full force. Produce all the EVs they can (limited only by battery production capacity)

Ioniq: overpriced

Ah dude, you're losing all your credibility here. Ioniq EV was the best value for money EV from at its launch in 2016 and it still is now 3 years later.

Lowest total cost of ownership EV of them all by a large margin. High spec, decent performance. Decent space for a family of 5. Of course just a FWD econobox from Korea, but a lot of value for money. The only word I would not pick to describe it is overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Electric car demand is up but the choice is not available. Current option are

eGolf: great car but been replaced in 12 months and limited range
    Bmw: really looks odd
    Leaf 2: only one with decent availability but low range
    Kona: small and expensive, under spec
    Niro: not available
    Zoe: small
    Model 3: not available and no price
    Ioniq: overpriced, limited supply, limited range
    eTron: expensive

That’s the current choice if I want to buy a new electric. Demand has shown that if a decent electric car becomes available it will sell in Ireland

IPace ( saw one in the wild yesterday , nice but smaller / lower the I expected )
    Model s
    Model x

Ah dude, you're losing all your credibility here. Ioniq EV was the best value for money EV from at its launch in 2016 and it still is now 3 years later.

Lowest total cost of ownership EV of them all by a large margin. High spec, decent performance. Decent space for a family of 5. Of course just a FWD econobox from Korea, but a lot of value for money. The only word I would not pick to describe it is overpriced.

Overpriced at this stage for the battery size, dealers are selling above the price when it was launched and new model due out which means the current is ......

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

So you reckon VW will see how it goes with reservations to determine their production levels? And they are not yet sure about demand? :confused:

I reckon they are going in full force. Produce all the EVs they can (limited only by battery production capacity)

I think that will be their strategy. They are a volume seeking manufacturer after all. Most are these days.

No, I hope if the reservations go well they might move up production and start selling sooner

ted1 wrote: »
    IPace ( saw one in the wild yesterday , nice but smaller / lower the I expected )
    Model s
    Model x

All in the expensive bracket....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

We had a look at the model 3 in Sandyford yesterday, lots of interest in it, got a few minutes to sit in it and have a play about.. the lack of a binnacle was one thing that would have put me off-but location of the speedometer on the top left of the screen is fine. One thing I would like as jarrieta mentioned in a previous thread would be a HUD; having a digital binnacle in ours and doing a lot of night/early morning driving, I would love to be able to 'black out' all screens apart from the HUD/speedo-Saab had this on 93's years ago-way easier on the eyes.

The car on display was a LHD, dual motor & had the tesla supercharger connection-CSS as standard on EU models with up to 11kW AC charging as well as up to150 kW DC charging.. it looks a lot better in the metal, 19" wheels looked good on it, 18" will come as standard.

The fit and finish was decent, seats were comfortable, screen response was super quick, nice chunky feel to the smallish steering wheel, the two multifunction menu buttons felt like they were decent quality. The centre console bin & phone charger covers were shiny black plastic, and look like they will be prone to scratching..AC vents and pano roof were nice touches as well.

Apparently they will be taking orders mid July, two weeks after Tesla UK; the base model (about 300kms real world apparently) will come in under the 50K BIK, so will probably sell well. Impressive motor, and I will defo go for one as a company car when the time to change comes about. The Mrs. is still sticking a deposit on an ID as a replacement for the egolf- although she was V. impressed with the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,804 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In that case so do Hyundai, Nissan and basically anyone who isn't VW.

(Tesla outsold every body bar the eGolf).

There are some questions that might be raised......

1) what is the order book like for Model 3 in Norway - are there still people waiting for cars that havent arrived yet

2) how much inventory of undelivered/unsold Model 3s are sitting around in Norway.

Those are important

Well there are 26 or so used Model 3s with very low mileage or sale here, so I doubt the order books are bulging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

cnocbui wrote: »
    In that case so do Hyundai, Nissan and basically anyone who isn't VW.

(Tesla outsold every body bar the eGolf).

There are some questions that might be raised......

1) what is the order book like for Model 3 in Norway - are there still people waiting for cars that havent arrived yet

2) how much inventory of undelivered/unsold Model 3s are sitting around in Norway.

Those are important

Well there are 26 or so used Model 3s with very low mileage or sale here, so I doubt the order books are bulging.

Those used examples do not necessarily reflect what's ordered or not.

You'd think if someone was going to do an OMG Tesla sales fell down massively article.....

They might have tried to see how many Model 3s came into the country (Norway).

Compare that with registrations.

Did anyone actually read the article or just the head line and make an assumption what was in it after that?

It’s actually quite complimentary on Model 3 sales

I just posted it for a laugh because the eGolf put sold it,

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CrowdedBear

glynf wrote: »

Apparently they will be taking orders mid July, two weeks after Tesla UK; the base model (about 300kms real world apparently) will come in under the 50K BIK, so will probably sell well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the €50k bik reduction applies to the car price before the €5k VRT + €5k SEAI grant. So if Tesla list the car at €48k, then it actually costs €58k before incentives, so you pay bik on €8k.

Also the business pays €49.2k for the car because of the reduced seai grant for businesses.

Did anyone actually read the article or just the head line and make an assumption what was in it after that?

It’s actually quite complimentary on Model 3 sales

I just posted it for a laugh because the eGolf put sold it,

Nobody here reads anything that might not flatter Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Correct me if I'm wrong but the €50k bik reduction applies to the car price before the €5k VRT + €5k SEAI grant. So if Tesla list the car at €48k, then it actually costs €58k before incentives, so you pay bik on €8k.

Also the business pays €49.2k for the car because of the reduced seai grant for businesses.

Ah OK.. I was not aware of that. From What I understand, BIK on €8,000 & driving 45,000Km + would be less than €1K per annum. Still a good incentive, at least until the BIK incentive lasts...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

jarrieta wrote: »
    Red looks amazing

It looks nice when the lights shine on it but it looks a bit dull outdoors on an overcast day in my opinion.

Still, for me it's between red and blue.

cnocbui wrote: »

That's not bad at all compared to car of the year 2019, the Jaguar I-PACE (101 for sale). Or the Audi e-tron (58 for sale).

Sabre Man wrote: »
    It looks nice when the lights shine on it but it looks a bit dull outdoors on an overcast day in my opinion.

Still, for me it's between red and blue.

I’m tending towards blue. Always loved it on Beemers I owned in years gone by. The red is nice, but the price is excessive.

Blue and white interior - so tempting.

What version are you considering?

AidenL wrote: »
    I’m tending towards blue. Always loved it on Beemers I owned in years gone by. The red is nice, but the price is excessive.

Blue and white interior - so tempting.

What version are you considering?

I've got a blue Model S with white interior. If I were to buy a new car I would choose red or blue and cream interior. I think the wood effect offered with cream looks very nice but I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet.

• Advertisement

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I've got a blue Model S with white interior. If I were to buy a new car I would choose red or blue and cream interior. I think the wood effect offered with cream looks very nice but I haven't seen it with my own eyes yet.

How is the white interior wearing for you? I’ve had off white leather in an S5 years back and it did get grubby. Same with ivory in a 5 series.

It looks great but I found it high maintenance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement