Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

Had my medical at the end of February, did anyone hear anything about the physical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Damo1988 wrote: »
    Meeting with my local sergeant tomorrow night. Is it just a chat or what's it like?

It was a very casual chat for me so dont worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BonBon101

Hi,
    filling out my form b at the moment.Do I need to put in the eircodes for my family?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

BonBon101 wrote: »
    Hi,
    filling out my form b at the moment.Do I need to put in the eircodes for my family?

Yes put them in if they have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Has anyone been through the Irish Assessment with PAS? I have mine in a months time and was wondering what level of difficulty is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Has anyone been through the Irish Assessment with PAS? I have mine in a months time and was wondering what level of difficulty is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 movers&shakers

Peterh89 wrote: »

I've read on this somewhere before that it's quite difficult, certainly beyond the ability of a D3 pass in Ordinary leaving Cert., (more like higher level).

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Leeroyjenkins

I know I'm a bit late to the party here but I could use a helping hand here. I got my interview this month and I've a question about the form B, I sat my leaving cert in 2009 then joined the army soon after so Id have to contact my old secondary school because it says an academic reference is essential but sure the schools are off for Easter, I might be stuck there for a reference. Any feedback is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dannyman2010

Hi all.

Two questions:

1. For form B, I'm not married but have been with my girlfriend for a number of years and have been living together for the past few months. Will I have to fill out relatives for her as she has 16 aunts and uncles (blood relation)?

2. I'm afraid my leaving certificate won't be here in time for my interview as there was a mix up in postage and they have had to reposit it. Will they accept the Leaving cert statement on the day?

Any help very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Can anyone tell me is the interview in a structure or order or can they ask you anything from the get go ? Really want to pass this but the stressing over it I feel will overwhelm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Can anyone tell me is the interview in a structure or order or can they ask you anything from the get go ? Really want to pass this but the stressing over it I feel will overwhelm me

They have a quick chat at the start to settle your nerves, maybe comment on bits of your application form, then they settle into the competencies, like tell me about a time when you used your interpersonal /judgement and decision making skills? Sometimes they narrow it down to a specific job/college but you can always redirect it to where you want to go e.g. I didn't have many opportunities to use it in x job but I can tell you about a time I used x in my current role.

If you have at least two solid examples for each competency, you should be fine. You might find that the way they phrase the questions suits one story better than another and go with that. That's why it's a good idea to have 2 - 3 prepped for each one.

They ask you in the end if you have any questions or if you'd like to add anything. Have some questions prepared to ask them. Or if you feel like it didn't go so well, use that time to revisit the areas you feel need improving.

There are no trick questions. They want to pass you. Smile, sit up straight, make eye contact, sip the water and take your time. It's easy for me to say now but if you've prepared your competencies, you will be grand. Read back through the forums. Some of the others have put up really useful posts with the sort of questions asked.

On a final note, the UK police recruitment websites have a list of the skills would be police officers need to demonstrate, if you're stuck. Publicjobs.ie also expand on some of competencies. They're more civil service but it gives you an idea of what they mean by each one.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

I know I'm a bit late to the party here but I could use a helping hand here. I got my interview this month and I've a question about the form B, I sat my leaving cert in 2009 then joined the army soon after so Id have to contact my old secondary school because it says an academic reference is essential but sure the schools are off for Easter, I might be stuck there for a reference. Any feedback is much appreciated.

i had similar situation (reading week) - just notify them the situation and tell them you are working on it and send the reference to you ASAP.

Hi all.

Two questions:

1. For form B, I'm not married but have been with my girlfriend for a number of years and have been living together for the past few months. Will I have to fill out relatives for her as she has 16 aunts and uncles (blood relation)?

2. I'm afraid my leaving certificate won't be here in time for my interview as there was a mix up in postage and they have had to reposit it. Will they accept the Leaving cert statement on the day?

Any help very much appreciated.

1. you don't have to. they asked for spouse- she is not your spouse.

2. just let them know the situation on the day that you wull send them paper ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

ArifI wrote: »
    1. you don't have to. they asked for spouse- she is not your spouse.

2. just let them know the situation on the day that you wull send them paper ASAP.

I was told that if you live together you have to put them down.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I was told that if you live together you have to put them down.

that answers the question so

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toronto17

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    If you fail the color test you can still pass, there may be restrictions on you for some units.
    There is no way to bluff the test
    Hey do you know someone who failed the test but passed medical after all? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Toronto17 wrote: »
    Hey do you know someone who failed the test but passed medical after all? Thanks

me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Hi I have met the sergeant and the inspector on separate occasions recently. Quick question will i be called to meet the superintendent aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

leestone wrote: »
    Hi I have met the sergeant and the inspector on separate occasions recently. Quick question will i be called to meet the superintendent aswell?

Any chance you met them in Portlaoise garda station?

The reason I'm asking, is because I never heard of anyone meeting inspector, until I had to meet one in Portlaoise .
    So I asked them if I have to meet a super on another day, they said no. Inspector was instead of super and iv seen them both on a same day too.

Vitaliy wrote: »
    Any chance you met them in Portlaoise garda station?

The reason I'm asking, is because I never heard of anyone meeting inspector, until I had to meet one in Portlaoise .
    So I asked them if I have to meet a super on another day, they said no. Inspector was instead of super and iv seen them both on a same day too.

No was not portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

leestone wrote: »

You only meet an inspector if the Super is not available, so no you won't have to meet the Super aswell

Blahtoblah wrote: »
    You only meet an inspector if the Super is not available, so no you won't have to meet the Super aswell

Was very informal was contacted and 10 mins later was sitting with the inspector lasted no more 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuffsC

Hi all,
    Is anyone doing there interview soon or has done it recently?? I have mine soon and starting to feel nervous, I think I have a fair bit of prep done but did anything come up for ye that was unexpected.. any info would be greatly appreciated:)

Hi all,
    Is anyone doing there interview soon or has done it recently?? I have mine soon and starting to feel nervous, I think I have a fair bit of prep done but did anything come up for ye that was unexpected.. any info would be greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

DuffsC wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've mine tomorrow quite nervous myself did a prep course and also a mock interview within the last week but still doubting myself , I feel nerves will kill me but I guess you just have to go into it as calm as possible and try be yourself and give it your all into selling yourself as much as possible to them I'm going into it with the mentality that at least if things don't go my way getting this far will stand to me in the next campaign maybe it's going into it a bit negative but I feel I myself I don't know about you i will perform better if I'm not really banking on it and over worrying easier said than done but still,
    Best of luck with it with the hope of God it will go well for us .

Wise words, all the best with it let me know how it went after
    Best of luck I hope yu do great
    I've mine tomorrow quite nervous myself did a prep course and also a mock interview within the last week but still doubting myself , I feel nerves will kill me but I guess you just have to go into it as calm as possible and try be yourself and give it your all into selling yourself as much as possible to them I'm going into it with the mentality that at least if things don't go my way getting this far will stand to me in the next campaign maybe it's going into it a bit negative but I feel I myself I don't know about you i will perform better if I'm not really banking on it and over worrying easier said than done but still,
    Best of luck with it with the hope of God it will go well for us .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cc94

Hi All just wondering something regards the interview , had it last week and I dropped out of college about a month ago but failed to mention it in the interview, will this have an effect on the outcome ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

cc94 wrote:
    Hi All just wondering something regards the interview , had it last week and I dropped out of college about a month ago but failed to mention it in the interview, will this have an effect on the outcome ?

No.

Just make sure it details are completely up to date on your form B

Can any girl Dats done there interview help me? Did any of yu wear ur hair down??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cloyra29

DuffsC wrote: »
    Can any girl Dats done there interview help me? Did any of yu wear ur hair down??

Yeah I wore my hair down straightened and neat

Advertisement