Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

arc2017 wrote: »
    OK cool..I am 948 so will be another while I am guessing!!!

I'm 980 and I phoned pas as I could be going away for a while and they said I would be called around mid February,

• Registered Users Posts: 23 arc2017

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    I'm 980 and I phoned pas as I could be going away for a while and they said I would be called around mid February,

Ah ok..didn't think it would be that soon. Will have to hold off for amother while so before booking!! Thanks for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MarcSG

Hello, I have got email saying I will be contacted for interview in 1st quarter of 2017.
    When do I get Form? Do I get it with my interview date?
    I think I might have done a bad interview form when applying to Garda, is there anyway to rectify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Whats the story if you've a document short for the requirements? I've pretty much everything sorted but I'm still waiting on my LC cert to land and the Examinations office isn't replying to emails or picking up the phone! Ring PAS and explain the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

madcabbage wrote: »
    Whats the story if you've a document short for the requirements? I've pretty much everything sorted but I'm still waiting on my LC cert to land and the Examinations office isn't replying to emails or picking up the phone! Ring PAS and explain the situation?

It took about 4 weeks for mine to come in the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 arc2017

MarcSG wrote: »
    Hello, I have got email saying I will be contacted for interview in 1st quarter of 2017.
    When do I get Form? Do I get it with my interview date?
    I think I might have done a bad interview form when applying to Garda, is there anyway to rectify this?

What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

just a quick question for everyone who has an interview coming up. Do we have to submit an interview form a number of days before our interview as I found a sheet that states that for the garda interview for the early round competition for 2016

I am getting an interview as a result of the September 2016 campaign and All I have received so far is the form b to bring with me on the day of the interview and no mention of the interview form that was used in the previous campaign

can anyone clear this up for me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    just a quick question for everyone who has an interview coming up. Do we have to submit an interview form a number of days before our interview as I found a sheet that states that for the garda interview for the early round competition for 2016

I am getting an interview as a result of the September 2016 campaign and All I have received so far is the form b to bring with me on the day of the interview and no mention of the interview form that was used in the previous campaign

Thanks
    My daughter had her interview from September 2016 campaign too. The only form she had to fill was form B and she had to print and bring it with her to the interview. I've never heard of another form prior to interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Henry2006 wrote: »
    My daughter had her interview from September 2016 campaign too. The only form she had to fill was form B and she had to print and bring it with her to the interview. I've never heard of another form prior to interview

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Nikkipapa wrote: »

Thanks
    The interview is based on the form you submitted when you applied! As well as the five competencies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CLICK89

Hello

I have my interview weds, was anyone who has done it asked any questions they were surprised by?

Also regarding the vetting, if a family member was in prison in the early 90s would it affect you? Anyone in a similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

CLICK89 wrote: »
    Hello

I have my interview weds, was anyone who has done it asked any questions they were surprised by?

Also regarding the vetting, if a family member was in prison in the early 90s would it affect you? Anyone in a similar situation

I had my interview a few months back and I wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary,
    Have a look over the following and you will be well set:

your application form
    your examples for your competencies
    Info about the Garda training programme modules phases etc
    They ll prob ask about how would you react in a violent situation e.g. Two lads scrapping on the street

Keep a cool head drink the water pause before you reply, don't be afraid to smile

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nicC

Anyone know if you had your interview last week when you're due to hear? Forgot to ask in the panic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brian 92

nicC wrote: »
    Anyone know if you had your interview last week when you're due to hear? Forgot to ask in the panic :P

2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

nicC wrote: »

If it follwos previous interview result trends it's usually 3 weeks from the start of the interview cycle.
    Thus results should be available the week commencing the 6th of Febuary.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

Hi, I've just completed my interview last week, was enquiring how do they figure out OOM, at the end of the two weeks of interviews does the four boards come together and place everyone who passed in OOM or how does the results work Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coener88

Hi I was just wondering, I have a previous conviction for public order about 5 years ago was a moment of madness and drink related, but I think this wont effect my application if I put it down on my Form B, was just wondering does anybody know if it will as it isnt a serious conviction. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Just waiting on my interview had interview with the prison service and flew that interview and the gaurds one is supposed to be the same interview

coener88 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering, I have a previous conviction for public order about 5 years ago was a moment of madness and drink related, but I think this wont effect my application if I put it down on my Form B, was just wondering does anybody know if it will as it isnt a serious conviction. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Just waiting on my interview had interview with the prison service and flew that interview and the gaurds one is supposed to be the same interview

I genuinely believe that people can change, but traditionally the best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour and this may be the way an organisation such as AGS treats this issue as they must be held to a very high standard in the public eye. The comissionar can easily dismiss your application without giving a reason.

This incident will definitely be brought up with your local sergeant/super meetings. To navigate this potential pitfall you're going to have to work really hard and really demonstrate that you've changed and developed as a person.

If you don't declare this incident on your Form B your application will most assuredly be binned immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

Hi, I'm still waiting for my interview date which should be coming up soon OOM is in the 800+, I'm just wondering what are the 5 competencies from the people who have done it in the last couple of weeks as I want to prepare as best I can for this one. This is my second time applying and really want to do well. Thanks :)

Hi, I'm still waiting for my interview date which should be coming up soon OOM is in the 800+, I'm just wondering what are the 5 competencies from the people who have done it in the last couple of weeks as I want to prepare as best I can for this one. This is my second time applying and really want to do well. Thanks

Resilience

Motivation to be a Garda

Delivery of results

Judgement and decision making

Interpersonal skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capricorn19

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Resilience

Motivation to be a Garda

Delivery of results

Judgement and decision making

Interpersonal skills

Thank you 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Results are in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 billymul10

Would anyone have any idea how long we could be waiting after getting through the interview. I know it depends on the vetting but I never lived out of the country so.. or anyone know the next step from experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

billymul10 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea how long we could be waiting after getting through the interview. I know it depends on the vetting but I never lived out of the country so.. or anyone know the next step from experience

From what I can gather, a date for the medical will be out within 2 weeks and then a further 2 weeks will be the date of the medical.

Peterh89 wrote: »
    From what I can gather, a date for the medical will be out within 2 weeks and then a further 2 weeks will be the date of the medical.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Just a question in relation to the medical? Do we still get a text through the phone the way public jobs did or is it simply a matter of checking the emails every day? Thanks in advance

Just a question in relation to the medical? Do we still get a text through the phone the way public jobs did or is it simply a matter of checking the emails every day? Thanks in advance

I'd also like to know this, the countdown to try and get into the May intake is on ;);)

I'd also like to know this, the countdown to try and get into the May intake is on ;);)

Same!! Be great if someone let us know! And wen did ye both get the results of ye re interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

When is the next intake after May? Would you know?:)

• Advertisement

When is the next intake after May? Would you know?

August then November

Advertisement