Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Just a question in relation to the medical? Do we still get a text through the phone the way public jobs did or is it simply a matter of checking the emails every day? Thanks in advance
    MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I'd also like to know this, the countdown to try and get into the May intake is on ;);)
    billymul10 wrote: »
    Same!! Be great if someone let us know! And wen did ye both get the results of ye re interview!!

Email from HR section of An Garda Siochana from here on out. Once you pass the interview you are no longer in the hands of Public Jobs. So no more dreaded waits for text messages. They're replaced with constant refreshing of email inbox! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

I'd also like to know this, the countdown to try and get into the May intake is on ;);)

Yeah getting very real now. Hopefully all goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Subject to garda vetting and passing medical/fitness, is there a chance that a candidate mightn't be considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Damo1988 wrote:
    Subject to garda vetting and passing medical/fitness, is there a chance that a candidate mightn't be considered?

Commissioner reserves the right to reject any candidate without providing a reason.

If you've passed vetting you should be sound unless you've done something in your past to warrant being rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Damo1988 wrote: »
    If you pass medical/PCT it is really all dependent on your vetting and general suitability. Family and people you associate with also play a big role in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

I'm wondering if anyone would have any knowledge or could point me in the right direction. Is previous service in the civil or public service taken into consideration when you finish in the Garda college, i.e if you have 1 years experience as a clerical officer will you be put on point 2 of the scale. Also is the rent allowance given to everyone even if you are stationed close to your home address after a number of years

Any help would be great
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Nikkipapa wrote:
    Any help would be great Thanks in advance

Nikkipapa wrote:
    I'm wondering if anyone would have any knowledge or could point me in the right direction. Is previous service in the civil or public service taken into consideration when you finish in the Garda college, i.e if you have 1 years experience as a clerical officer will you be put on point 2 of the scale. Also is the rent allowance given to everyone even if you are stationed close to your home address after a number of years

Rent allowance is given to all members regardless of living arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Nikkipapa wrote: »

Any help would be great
    Thanks in advance
    You can carry your service but you still start at the first point on the pay scale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Nikkipapa wrote:
    Any help would be great Thanks in advance

Nikkipapa wrote:

Rent allowance is given to all members regardless of living arrangement.
    the only way that I know you can skip higher up the pay scale is if you have a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 T1991

Hi, I have interview coming up, I just received the email yesterday. Form B is attached but I have read I need to send back interview form. Where do I find this?

Thanks for the help,

I need it all😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

How do you go about sending back your interview form? And how long do you have do to it??

How do you go about sending back your interview form? And how long do you have do to it??

Where did you get the form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Hi
    Have my interview soon.
    Just wondering for the competency Judgement and Decision making, what does that entail, having trouble understanding it and finding examples. Most of my examples I think of, overlap another answers I have for other competencies.

Thanks,

T1991 wrote: »
    Where did you get the form?

It was in the very first email we ever got, should be in your applications or messages when you log into PAS.

Do you know how we send it back to PAS or what's the story with that?

leestone wrote: »
    Hi
    Have my interview soon.
    Just wondering for the competency Judgement and Decision making, what does that entail, having trouble understanding it and finding examples. Most of my examples I think of, overlap another answers I have for other competencies.

Thanks,

A time where ya made a decision or judgement on your own, so for example I'm using work for one of mine when the boss left me in charge and I had to make an important decision on my own initiative

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ATM83

A question for those who have just done your interviews? Is it the application form we sent in back in September , will form the basis for the questions from the interview panel, as well as the competencies?

Am I right in saying there used be an interview form in previous recruitment cycles but not anymore?

I am confused by this aswell. So we have no interview form to fill out? The form we submitted in September will be used?
    ATM83 wrote: »
    A question for those who have just done your interviews? Is it the application form we sent in back in September , will form the basis for the questions from the interview panel, as well as the competencies?

Am I right in saying there used be an interview form in previous recruitment cycles but not anymore?

Thanks, but we have submitted that already back in September no?sorry just totally confused by it.
    It was in the very first email we ever got, should be in your applications or messages when you log into PAS.

Do you know how we send it back to PAS or what's the story with that?

T1991 wrote:
    I am confused by this aswell. So we have no interview form to fill out? The form we submitted in September will be used?

I know. That's why I thought someone just done it will shed some light on it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi. Yes you're right. You're initial application form from back in September 2016 will be used during the interview. The Form B which you would have received with your interview date will be handed in on the day of your interview and will be used for vetting purposes.

• Advertisement

Hi. Yes you're right. You're initial application form from back in September 2016 will be used during the interview. The Form B which you would have received with your interview date will be handed in on the day of your interview and will be used for vetting purposes.

Thanks for that. Was getting nervous I had missed something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

I still haven't received a copy of my leaving cert results. Is there a number you can contact to try and get them to speed it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Damo1988 wrote: »
    I still haven't received a copy of my leaving cert results. Is there a number you can contact to try and get them to speed it up?

(090) 644 2701 Ann Leonard

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

For anyone who has already done the medical, what did you put in the confirmation email. Do you just say I confirm that I can attend the examination at this time or is it just a matter of sending the email back?? Thank you in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

flyton5 wrote: »
    I know of a recently retired sergeant who does competency based interview prep. Includes filling out the forms with you etc. If you pm me i'll find out if she can accommodate people. A friend of mine did it before the last campaign and he's now stationed in Kildare. I'm booked in with her for Monday. Price is lower than anywhere else I've seen and she says it will take about 2 hours in total.

Edit: She's in South Dublin and you have to travel to her.

That offer still open??

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

When is the next intake after May? Would you know?:)

Nov apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

User16 wrote: »
    Nov apparently

August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

does the superintendent ask about how the gardai is structured, what shift hours are, pay, units of the gardai,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 billymul10

Anyone get an email about the open day for the physical in the Garda college on the 11th of march!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

billymul10 wrote: »
    Anyone get an email about the open day for the physical in the Garda college on the 11th of march!!???

Yeah I got the same date but still not received medical . I wonder how many people was invited

Advertisement