Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

What are the statistics for passing the interview? I feel I stuffed up on one question would that make a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

What are the statistics for passing the interview? I feel I stuffed up on one question would that make a difference ?

one question shouldn't make or break the interview. Did you not find that the panel picked up that you were having difficulty with the question and steered you in the right direction ?

Anecdotally 3 out of 4 pass the interview

billymul10 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me do they do ure background checks and referances before or after the medical???

Begins before the medical but may take several months to be complete.

You don't have to have your vetting complete before proceeding to the medical.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    one question shouldn't make or break the interview. Did you not find that the panel picked up that you were having difficulty with the question and steered you in the right direction ?

Anecdotally 3 out of 4 pass the interview

He was wanting me to talk about the scrutiny the Garda are getting and I said the public and media but he kept at me to say more (he was wanting to know about the government and Garda commissioner but I didn't know at the time) he eventually left it but he was at me for ages about it and just worried now I could have failed because of that.

He was wanting me to talk about the scrutiny the Garda are getting and I said the public and media but he kept at me to say more (he was wanting to know about the government and Garda commissioner but I didn't know at the time) he eventually left it but he was at me for ages about it and just worried now I could have failed because of that.

Shouldn't be that big an issue. Would only marginally relate to the competency ''motivation to be a garda'' so I'd say your fine.

If it was the Garda asking this question it was more to see your knowledge of current affairs. As long as you demonstrated that you want to be and are capable of being a garda I'd say you'll be fine. :D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cloyra29

Hey, just wondering about the open day this saturday? What is the story with it is it mandatory as I don't think I will be able to make it and will I be missing out a huge amount by not going?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Thought I was the only one who got that question, completely messed it up myself as well I felt. Got the vibe he was pushing towards the GC and that whole debacle as well but sure ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Cloyra29 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering about the open day this saturday? What is the story with it is it mandatory as I don't think I will be able to make it and will I be missing out a huge amount by not going?

Best thing to do is to ring up and find out. Maybe they'll slot you in for another date if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Not mandatory but definitely worth going to get a feel for what happens the day of the physical. There's no attendance sheet or anything so you can just go to another open day.

Thought I was the only one who got that question, completely messed it up myself as well I felt. Got the vibe he was pushing towards the GC and that whole debacle as well but sure ah well

Don't think it will affect us that much he was just wanting to see what knowledge we had on current affairs. It was only one question!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jg990

Hi I'm just wondering about the vetting process. Will they only ring your two references and academic one? They wont ring other employers on the sheet? How soon after the interview does it go to the sergent in your local station? I passed my interview in Feb. Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

Im just wandering whether it is Super who concludes your vetting or it all depends on idividual case??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cloyra29

Anyone know what sort of time frame between passing the interview and the physical/medical is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 billymul10

Anyone know what sort of time frame between passing the interview and the physical/medical is?

Ul do ure medical about 4 weeks after passing and ure physical another 4 weeks after that

Walking distance, how far is garda headquarters from Heuston?

Damo1988 wrote:

Took me half hour from o connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Damo1988 wrote: »
    Not far, takes me 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay days

Just wondering is it possible to defer the medical and if so how can it be done?

Failed on the eyesight! 6 months to get them corrected. some dose

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Damo1988 wrote: »
    Failed on the eyesight! 6 months to get them corrected. some dose

Same here pal, now I've to go and find 4 grand outta somewhere haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

killer91 wrote: »
    Same here pal, now I've to go and find 4 grand outta somewhere haha

Whats the colour vision test like?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay days

Do ye know if you can change your date for the medical lads?

Hey lads this open day that's on tomorrow, do ye have to go?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toronto17

Hey everyone I am looking for someone non-irish who passed stage 3 the interview I just need some advice regarding documentation.Could you please send me pm . thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

I was thinking about going tomorrow but i'm unsure as its not mandatory, can anyone say how long you can expect to spend getting through everything

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    I was thinking about going tomorrow but i'm unsure as its not mandatory, can anyone say how long you can expect to spend getting through everything

It takes 2 hours and would recommend you go as a good opportunity to practice everything especially technique they require for push ups

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sam1996

Just wondering about the compenties and did people get asked more than one story for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Toronto17

Anyone failed colour vision test? What is it like ? Is it standard Ishihara plates or is it different method? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

If you fail the color test you can still pass, there may be restrictions on you for some units.
    There is no way to bluff the test

• Advertisement

Meeting with my local sergeant tomorrow night. Is it just a chat or what's it like?

Advertisement