Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3 2016/2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    900 from the September 2015 campaign?
    May will be made up of the previous campaign and the highest scorers of this campaign.

You'd realistically be looking at august or even november if not later

Think my cat would have better chance of making the May intake if you're from September haha only messing with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 46 AlisonT123

So does that mean if you are in the Jan 16 campaign with a OOM around 200-300 there's a better chance of being in Templmore ahead of someone in the September Campaign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

AlisonT123 wrote: »
    So does that mean if you are in the Jan 16 campaign with a OOM around 200-300 there's a better chance of being in Templmore ahead of someone in the September Campaign ?

I believe they exhaust the candidates from one campaign before they take candidates from anouther.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

AlisonT123 wrote: »
    They'll take the first 200 people who have clear files so more than likely a mixture of all three competitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the pass rate normally is for the interview. Like do more people pass than fail, for example is it like 80% people pass 20% fail... Anyone with any information it would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the pass rate normally is for the interview. Like do more people pass than fail, for example is it like 80% people pass 20% fail... Anyone with any information it would be greatly appreciated.

About a third will normally fail the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 billymul10

Anyone know wen they start ringing references isnit after the fitness test???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smurph141

billymul10 wrote: »
    Anyone know wen they start ringing references isnit after the fitness test???

My references were rang after my interview! Around the end of September! And I'm just doing my medical today..

Thanks mate! I passed the interview 3 weeks ago and no one has contacted my referances yet! Just wondering why but thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

billymul10 wrote: »
    Thanks mate! I passed the interview 3 weeks ago and no one has contacted my referances yet! Just wondering why but thanks anyway!

It's the sergeant in your local station who contacts your references. They usually tell you first, too. Well, they did for me and a couple of others I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kilrodane boy

I hope the current government isn't voted out in next few days or the campaign could be halted like before????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Quick question regards background form.

My husband has his interview tomorrow and is filling out the background form.

Why is it necessary for me as his wife to provide my aunts and uncles details and dates of births. Very personal and unnecessary.

Do they contact the the people on the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Depotdoc

cruais wrote: »

Why is it necessary for me as his wife to provide my aunts and uncles details and dates of births. Very personal and unnecessary.

Vetting for Garda trainees is very thorough.

Should he be successful, he will have access to very sensitive information and if anyone in your family or his family is currently involved in criminal activity they could potentially put him under pressure to give them information. That is the only reason they want to know their names. Just to make sure they're not currently involved in criminal activity or have recently been involved.

I would strongly advise not leaving anything out knowingly as it will mean his application could possibly be rejected.

Background checks are required to ensure the integrity of the organisation.

No these people won't be contacted and the information will only be used internally. Do not omit any details or his application will be rejected as a result of omission.

Thanks for replies.

The issues are date of births. My relatives do not see why they have to supply them as my husband is just an inlaw and want me to give their details but omit their dates of birth

Thanks for replies.

The issues are date of births. My relatives do not see why they have to supply them as my husband is just an inlaw and want me to give their details but omit their dates of birth

All dates of births will be required. The form is checked over by a member of the vetting department prior to the interview and your husband will be told that he'll have 7 days to provide the information or his application will be scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Thanks for replies.

I had the same problem. Ended up having to go to the registry office to get their D.O.B.'s. Problem is there could be 80 Mr John Doe's living at similar sounding addresses. How do you know you've got the right one! They give you a week to send in any missing info.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I had the same problem. Ended up having to go to the registry office to get their D.O.B.'s. Problem is there could be 80 Mr John Doe's living at similar sounding addresses. How do you know you've got the right one! They give you a week to send in any missing info.
    Thanks a million.

I kinda agree with the problem of dates of birth. Surely name and address sufice. Is the registry office available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Depotdoc wrote: »
    Vetting for Garda trainees is very thorough.

Should he be successful, he will have access to very sensitive information and if anyone in your family or his family is currently involved in criminal activity they could potentially put him under pressure to give them information. That is the only reason they want to know their names. Just to make sure they're not currently involved in criminal activity or have recently been involved.

I would strongly advise not leaving anything out knowingly as it will mean his application could possibly be rejected.

Great info, thanks for exposing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Anybody know how long it takes after the interview as to when you're asked to complete the garda vetting form?

• Advertisement

Damo1988 wrote:
    Anybody know how long it takes after the interview as to when you're asked to complete the garda vetting form?

You complete the vetting form before interview and submit it on the day of the interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    You complete the vetting form before interview and submit it on the day of the interview

Oh so that was the actual vetting form that was on form B?

Damo1988 wrote: »
    Oh so that was the actual vetting form that was on form B?

Form B is the vetting form

Did anyone have their interview this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Did anyone have their interview this week?

Yes had mine Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

leestone wrote: »
    Yes had mine Monday morning.

How was it, how did you get on?
    Any question asked that caught you out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay days

Well everyone, probably a stupid question but with the Form B, did ye just print it off and fill it out or did ye type out answers???

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭diddlybo

jay days wrote: »
    Well everyone, probably a stupid question but with the Form B, did ye just print it off and fill it out or did ye type out answers???
    No you type it up and print it off. They won't accept it if it's done in biro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay days

diddlybo wrote: »
    No you type it up and print it off. They won't accept it if it's done in biro.

Thanks for that, having difficulty doing that as my laptop wont open the file for some reason!

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me do they do ure background checks and referances before or after the medical???

Advertisement