Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow Move Controllers are hard to find. Cex selling a few but want 38 for each. Argos, Gamestop, smyths all out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow Move Controllers are hard to find. Cex selling a few but want 38 for each. Argos, Gamestop, smyths all out of stock

There was a major shortage at start of the year (after people had the PSVR for chrimbo) so must be same again post black Friday. There is some excellent games playable on the dualshock, but the games you mentioned moves would be essential for

Some of best games using DS pad only, off top of my head:
    Astrobot
    Trover
    Thumper
    Polybius
    Wipeout
    Headmaster (actually requires no controller, just yer head!)
    Tetris Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I think you'll be lucky to get them new, mate was waiting about 6 months to get them after last year. Rumours they stopped producing them due to the upcoming PSVR2, could be the same again.

Touring Karts released today. Looks a lot of fun. Can play flat as well as VR, online is cross platform. 20 quid but reduced to 17 on PSplus for first 2 weeks. Will probably pick it up at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Touring Karts released today. Looks a lot of fun. Can play flat as well as VR, online is cross platform. 20 quid but reduced to 17 on PSplus for first 2 weeks. Will probably pick it up at the weekend

Wheel support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Tempted, the other Kart racer was so bad.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Wheel support?

Wheel support and move controller at the same time to fire your weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Green day pack announced for Beat Saber.

Green day pack announced for Beat Saber.

finally some proper music for it. any news on a release date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Fairly sure it's live now

Fairly sure it's live now

Brilliant. Your dead right, 6 songs in total live now:
    American idiot
    Father of All
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams
    Holiday
    Fire Ready Aim
    Minority

€2 each or €9 for the lot. This and the new karting game, that's my weekend sorted

Glad it's getting some rock music, unfortunately it's ****ing Green Day

Blood and Truth is great craic. Makes me want a VR Bond game so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Bought this for my 8 year old son without reading up on it, says it for over twelves, anyone know why?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Bought this for my 8 year old son without reading up on it, says it for over twelves, anyone know why?

It's just a safety thing, kids eyes aren't fully developed till 12 so it could mess with that, but there's no evidence for it, it's just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

No idea if this has been posted elsewhere but Firewall zero hour is free with PS+ at the mo

Started playing Moss last night. Can't believe I waited so long. A real gem. Beautiful platform-puzzler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

No idea if this has been posted elsewhere but Firewall zero hour is free with PS+ at the mo

I tried playing with DualShock controller but found it quite tricky. Really needs the Aim controller but hard to justify buying a controller just for that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I tried playing with DualShock controller but found it quite tricky. Really needs the Aim controller but hard to justify buying a controller just for that game.

Farpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Doom is good as well with Aim

kerplun k wrote: »
    Doom is good as well with Aim

This is my favourite Aim game...
    it's a blast (pun intended) once you complete it and play through from the start with all weapons available

Also I enjoyed Brookhaven Experiment and Dick Wilde far more with the Aim than the Moves.

Crisis VRigade is a hidden gem for the AIM. Retro style in the vein of Time Crisis

Crisis VRigade is a hidden gem for the AIM. Retro style in the vein of Time Crisis

This. I have it, but don't have the Aim controller, so it just felt meh with the Move controllers, could never get very far as it's not forgiving in the slightest.

This. I have it, but don't have the Aim controller, so it just felt meh with the Move controllers, could never get very far as it's not forgiving in the slightest.

It's tough as nails with the aim, nevermind without it. The high difficulty (and that each attempt is always short since game is I think max 7mins long) give it that "one more go" addictiveness

Reminds me, why hasn't someone remade the Time Crisis games in VR yet?! They'd be perfect for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭kerplun k

They did, Its called London Heist. :)

kerplun k wrote: »
    They did, Its called London Heist. :)

Ah not the same. As good as that is (Blood and Truth) it's not quite Time Crisis. Close, but different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Aim is great makes firewall that extra bit special, with a dual shock it's terrible.

Farpoint
    Doom
    Borderlands
    Crisis VRgraide
    Blood and truths trials
    Honor and duty

• Advertisement

Seems Resident Evil 8 coming out next year will have PSVR support!

I wonder if it will be a PS5 title though?

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/rumor-resident-evil-4-remake-in-development-at-m-two

(last paragraph)

Advertisement