Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you became dictator of Ireland, what new laws would you make compulsory?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"You have been bamboozled!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

jeamimus wrote: »
    Many are out in seven.

Nobody done for murder is out in 7 years, manslaughter maybe.

Murder is a mandatory life sentence, its not even up to the judge to set a sentence. The average life sentence served in Ireland is 20 years too, so I don't know where you get the idea that any murderers are out in 7 years, never mind "many".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Independent newspapers to be compulsory used as toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I was going to say the outlawing of Fianna Fail politicians, Michael Lowry and the Healy-Raes from politics, but seeing as I'm dictator, they'd just be sent to our re-education camp. In Leitrim.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

But then it's sales would increase.

And it's not kitten soft :(

Instead force them to publish corrections of factual inaccuracies but of the same size as the original articles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Your Face wrote: »
    Democracy

Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I dunno, the print would probably rub off on your skin. You'd end up with an arse covered in shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Not so much a law but I would gut RTE bring in some real passionate people who actually care about the content of what's being shown and put them in charge. The so called "talent" on rte are just jacked up eejits forced to put on a smile, no charisma, annoying and not the least bit interesting. I am sick of this "bubbly" s**t personality all these presenters seem to have. This is Ireland not America I get enough artificial from what I eat.

I would definitely put in place a board who deem whether a couple are deemed fit to have a child. I'm looking towards all the junkie/alcoholic couples who have brought kids into this world into squalor and no hope. A pro active social services almost. Of course this board is under scrutiny as well to make sure no subjectivity seeps in.

Smoking in public is banned. Yeah I don't care about your bad opinion. It stinks. Cigarette Buds everywhere, that thing people do when they inhale then exhale as they enter a shop. Do you think the "man" was stopping you from smoking indoors just cause? Most people hate it anywhere. Outside pubs and bars would be fine though.

Advertisement