Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you became dictator of Ireland, what new laws would you make compulsory?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Glenroe. 24x7. Glenroe.
    Muhahahahaha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Jayop wrote: »
    "on fleek"??
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on+fleek

You are lucky not to have been aware of it. But that ends now - I am dragging you into the misery of knowing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on+fleek

You are lucky not to have been aware of it. But that ends now - I am dragging you into the misery of knowing!

First duty as dictator would be to inflict some game of thrones style punishment on you for sharing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

1) id tell rte to go **** itself and fund themselves. Tv licence abolished.

2) motor tax capped at 700e no matter what size or co2.

3) increase the threshold for higher income tax and increase taxes on those earning over 120k a year.

4) make the nct available to all proper garages.

5) tell the person who thought a min Alco price was a good idea they are banned from the country.

6) no more insurance disc holders on the windscreen

7) introduce red yellow green traffic lights

8) speed limit on the motorways increased to 150kph but only once the relevant training done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The word 'Hun' is an instant public stoning.

Abolish children's allowance and rent allowance and other stupid benefits.

Loud exhausts, dump valves and tinted windows are banned.

Working week cut to 4 days maximum.

Supermarkets, off licenses and nightclubs can sell drink and stay open as late as they feel like.

All attractive ladies have to do sexy time with me whenever I see fit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

mdwexford wrote: »
    The word 'Hun' is an instant public stoning.
    But what will we call Rangers fans then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Manach wrote: »
    Glenroe. 24x7. Glenroe.
    Muhahahahaha...

Well Holy God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Step 1 - Ban all dancing.

Step 2 - Make Kevin Bacon an official embassador to Ireland.

Step 3 - Sit back and watch the magic unfold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ice Maiden wrote: »
    Labour camp for people who say/write "on fleek" and "bae".

Toilet paper only to be unfurled from behind, you crazy frontways toilet-paper lunatics!

Slay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone who parks across a white line shall have that line painted across and over the bodywork of their car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What laws would I make compulsory? All laws - that's what laws are for, though I might be tempted to make them non-compusory where I myself was concerned. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Keep left unless overtaking. On pain of a decade-long driving ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

4 day working week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

As a commemoration of the Easter Rising, sail a replica of the gunboat Helga up the Liffey and shell O'Connell Street. It needs a bit of renovation, so no harm to start with demolition combined with historical re-enactment.

Then shell the other side of the river and raze Temple Bar to the ground. (If a few stray shells overshoot and hit the corpo offices it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

Ban on the word Hon, as in Hon the rebels ! Ect. Tracksuits only worn by sports people.stupid Tattoos shall be blow torched off. Parents of fat kids should be whipped by their own fat kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

SPIN FM will be outlawed. Music shall replace Irish in schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

The passing of the economic crimes act where politicians who failed to govern during the financial crisis are arrested and executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pogiefallon

Instead of prison for people who burgle houses and mug elderly they should be repeatedly beaten to within an inch of their life for 2weeks by the people who's houses they have burgled or their relatives

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ineligible people who park in disabled places will be made eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Law 1. Any person who writes in full-on text speak, or refuses to include full stops, commas or paragraphs in text messagrs must walk around with the laces of their shoes tied together so they can be easily identified.
    Law 2. Anyone who does the phlegmy cough and swallow routine within 10m of another citizen must drink 1 glass of lumpy sour milk. That should sort out the "i cant help it" brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I would tackle the following:

-Public liability insurance would be replaced with personal liability insurance.
    -All obscene salaries for ordinary jobs such as consultants and heads of departments would go and the money distributed equally to the people.
    -Compulsory 10 year sentences for robbery.
    -Compulsory 20 year sentences for murder.
    -Life sentences for terrorism and mass murder.
    -The media should support all not just a few in the worlds of entertainment and sport. Boybands, Irish modern country music, Ruby Walsh and other people would receive a lot less support and the media would not be allowed force these on us.
    -The number of TDs would be cut and the number of other politicians cut too.
    -Working week would be reduced to 4 days with well paid hours.
    -Price controls of ripoff merchants would be implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Letree wrote: »
    4 day working week.

Slave driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

1 Begin nuclear program immediately.
    2 Force the population out of into the fields and create a peasant utopia.
    3 Burn all the books and destroy all foreign ideas.
    4 Antagonize and threaten all other nations of the world.
    5 Commit suicide in my bunker when it all goes south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

1. Increase minimum wage, introduce maximum wage caps even in the private sector.
    2. Improve all transport and welfare services for everyone.
    3. Get rid of water tax, lower VAT, lower taxes - except for the very wealthy, increase it for them.
    4. Increase corporate tax significantly.

5. Build a giant, black electrical cloud around the island to crash planes with some hopefully rich people on them to replace our recently departed wealthy residents.
    6. Offset the multinationals leaving the country in droves over corporate taxes by doing that thing with the magic and ???? profit.
    7. Organise mandatory collectives from every walk of life to plant and cultivate trees all over the country. Magic trees, with money for leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

I'd outlaw the word 'like'

I was on the Dart once opposite a girl who was giving her companion an account of a conversation she'd had with a flatmate. Half an hour of it, never once using the words "says" or "said": "...I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and..." Aaaaaaargh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

storker wrote: »
    I was on the Dart once opposite a girl who was giving her companion an account of a conversation she'd had with a flatmate. Half an hour of it, never once using the words "says" or "said": "...I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and I was like...and she was like...and..." Aaaaaaargh!!!!

Things in life I hate: people who insist on giving others the minutes to their conversations, proper grammar or not. Everyone knows at least one, where they've given you the first 3 exchanges of some pointless conversation they had, verbatim, and unless you derail them or simply just walk away mid sentence, they'll be going on for 15 minutes non stop... if you're lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

storker wrote: »
    I would install a 48oz ball pein hammer in every dart carriage for exactly such occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Punkyblip

In order to make him humble, I would issue a Directive that Ray Darcy must be shrunk to three feet tall and made stand in city centres around the country, begging for money by reading erotic literature whilst on a permanent supply of helium gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Gulag detention for the owners of high horses.
    50 lashes for people who make "tea" which is essentially milk with boiling water added.
    The removal of thumbs for idiots who spend all day posting crap on FB.
    And tar and feathering for the people who run their trolley into the back of you in the supermarket as you are taking something off a shelf/out of a freezer(Im stopped you idiot, go AROUND me instead of reading your damn phone)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

No dogs or travellers or British.

Advertisement