Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you became dictator of Ireland, what new laws would you make compulsory?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

-Compulsory 20 year sentences for murder.

That's probably less than they currently get. If you're convicted of murder it's a life sentence as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,418 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Free Health Care for All- get rid of middle management in the HSE

Force Fine Gael/Fine Fail to amalgamate into the one party (just to see their faces)..

Lock Gerry Adams, Leo Varadkar, Mick Wallace, Alan Shatter, Lucinda Creighton and the Healy Raes in a room together (naked) for a year to see what happens-big brother style!

Restructure the GAA championship system and club fixtures

Make our currency cattle like it was in the brehon law.

Confiscate all church lands and property and use it to build houses.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Anyone who says "Paddys Day" will be flogged.

What about the Americans who say "Patties Day" ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What about the Americans who say "Patties Day" ? :D

Right before "Selma's Day"?

Newborns will have to have their proposed names approved by a committee. Names like Jayden, Kayden, Phoenix (unless a parent is native American) will be outlawed.

They are funny names for American Indians though surely Jayden Spotted Wolf or Phoenix Sitting Bull would be more appropriate?

• Advertisement

I would make it a law that SF and its supporters would only be allowed to stay on this island if they go to the most orange areas of Belfast, knock on each door by themselves, without masks and ask those families to leave Ireland!

I would make it a law that SF and its supporters would only be allowed to stay on this island if they go to the most orange areas of Belfast, knock on each door by themselves, without masks and ask those families to leave Ireland!

Oh and free weed and dominos for everyone on a Friday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Somebody stole this from Reddit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Somebody stole this from Reddit :rolleyes:

Welcome to the internet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,447 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People will not be able to leave school until the fully understand the difference between you're and your and their, there and they're.

E-cigs in must be vaped outside.

Schools must do compulsory 4 hours sport per week.

Free healthy lunches for all school kids.

Driving of 4x4 jeeps in urban areas forbidden.

Truth and reconciliation tribunals between cyclists and car drivers.

80km minimum speed on motorways.

No UK soap operas on Irish TV. Could be the end of TV3.

Pubs and off licences can open when they want including Good Friday.

Mobile phones illegal inside cinemas and theatres, must be left at reception.

Mobile phone calls on public transport longer than 2 minutes forbidden.

Irish Independent "Celebrity" news to be closed and Barry Egan deported.

No religion will be thought in schools.

Talent shows such as The Voice or X Factor banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anybody taking longer than 1min 15secs at an ATM will be electrocuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

rudeness to those in the retail and hospitality sector would be punishable with a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

RayCon wrote: »
    Anybody taking longer than 1min 15secs at an ATM will be electrocuted.

Anyone that can't wait until their turn should be flogged in public :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jeamimus

That's probably less than they currently get. If you're convicted of murder it's a life sentence as it is.

Many are out in seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Anyone who drives with a light bulb blown ten years jail time do it a second time life in jail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Oh and I'd reopen the crisp factory in Gweedore so that they can make Sam Spudz Smokey Bacon again. And, you know, create employment and stuff. But mainly to make crisps for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Anyone saying "we had to hit the ground running" and "it does what it says on the tin" shall be slapped with a stocking of sh1t

If you press the button for the green man at a pedestrian crossing,and cross without waiting for the green man, whilst I am sitting at the red light and you are a 100 meters up the road, you will get your bollix kicked 25 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Imprisoning anyone who says "it's part of what we are" should become part of what we are...........oops!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

People who don't turn their lights down while driving to have bright lights shone in their face for 24 hours and made listen to Mrs Browns really annoying laugh on loop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Anyone that can't wait until their turn should be flogged in public :)

Just what the hell are you getting up to up there? I can't help but wonder when I see someone put their card in and seem to do stand there and look at the screen for several minutes... before taking out 20 beans. It's grand when you can see them doing something and pressing buttons. But the ones who just stand there and blankly store at it... what the hell are you guys actually doing in that time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Death to all those who would oppose me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Remove Iona Institute's charitable status, and make it change its name

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone on Job Seekers Allowance that isn't seeking a job wouldn't get Job Seekers Allowance!

I was going to be nice and say that no one should ever have to work on their birthday but I feel bad now for making a nice rule :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just what the hell are you getting up to up there? I can't help but wonder when I see someone put their card in and seem to do stand there and look at the screen for several minutes... before taking out 20 beans. It's grand when you can see them doing something and pressing buttons. But the ones who just stand there and blankly store at it... what the hell are you guys actually doing in that time?

Wondering where all my money has gone :o Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I was going to be nice and say that no one should ever have to work on their birthday but I feel bad now for making a nice rule :o

Death to people who make nice rules.

Mwahahaha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Anyone who complains about the dole would have their job taken away from them, and would be forced to live on €188 per week for a year. They would also have the words "whiny pain in the hole" tattooed on their foreheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Freedom of speech on boards would be banned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Freedom of speech on boards would be banned ;)

There already is no freedom of speech on Boards. It's their house, their rules. (Which is not a complaint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Billy86 wrote: »
    I don't dawdle at ATM's so stop jumping to conclusions, if you haven't patience to wait your turn you will be flogged in public ;) Start another thread if you want to make a song and dance about it.

Advertisement